Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

If you buy the mercedes, will you let the garage borrow it back off you for the first year please

He'll be out on loan somewhere though won't he.

• Fumbluff said:

If you buy the mercedes, will you let the garage borrow it back off you for the first year please

Who @sam3110 ??
  • Bikey has been told he can leave too? So with Gomez going that leaves us with zero senior CB's right? So now we spend the summer catching up on that position. Will that skew out budget on transfers and wages?
  • edited June 2015
    Gomez deal set to be completed this weekend according to Rich Cawley
  • Ah I get it we're going to play 2 goalkeepers instead of any defenders. Smart
  • cant say .. but just wait for the deal to be confirmed.

unless you are RD or maybe KM then you don't know. Not even Uncle Dickie will know.

• edited June 2015

ross1 said:

I will be surprised if the price for Gomez is more than £3m

I just don't see this. He's under contract, RD is hardly broke, a number of Clubs are sniffing around and Joe is only going to increase in value next season. RD may be a lot of things but when it comes to money stupid isn't one of them. Tell whoever is interested that the fee starts at 5m before add-on's come into play, take it or leave it.

100% this. No way is this just £3 million. If it's £3 million cash then there will be a lot of spin offs.

• ross1 said:

I will be surprised if the price for Gomez is more than £3m

I just don't see this. He's under contract, RD is hardly broke, a number of Clubs are sniffing around and Joe is only going to increase in value next season. RD may be a lot of things but when it comes to money stupid isn't one of them. Tell whoever is interested that the fee starts at 5m before add-on's come into play, take it or leave it.

100% this. No way is this just £3 million. If it's £3 million cash then there will be a lot of spin offs.

£3.5mil with a number of add-ons to swell the cost
  • Bikey has been told he can leave too? So with Gomez going that leaves us with zero senior CB's right? So now we spend the summer catching up on that position. Will that skew out budget on transfers and wages?

Yes as I'd guess we'd be needing to spend up £3m replacing TBH, Johnson and Bikey let alone Gomez and then there's a couple of forwards, a couple of midfielders and cover for full back required - if the Gomez fee doesn't cover the gaps in the squad then why sell him cheap? Surely better to hold on for another year and see his value increase.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Who @sam3110 ??
    https://twitter.com/samcrawford19/status/610417738520133632?s=09
  • Would be gutted to see Gomez go. I know there is a lot of speculation about the fee, but for me I would just like to see him in a Charlton shirt for a couple of years.

He's far from perfect and still a little rough around the edges but the best centreback prospect I've seen in 20 years of going to Valley.
  • Gomez hasn't signed on the dotted lines ....yet!
    Still plenty of time for arsenal , city and others to trump their bid.
  • Would be gutted to see Gomez go. I know there is a lot of speculation about the fee, but for me I would just like to see him in a Charlton shirt for a couple of years.

He's far from perfect and still a little rough around the edges but the best centreback prospect I've seen in 20 years of going to Valley.

better than Rufus ?
  • Looks the like the doom and gloom mongers will be back out of the woodwork wanting RD out and asking for season ticket strikes.
  • It is tough being a Charlton fan. Finally wait for an exciting prospect and then there gone after 20 games, usually on the cheap as well.

Now we need 3 centre back minimum to sign. Decent ones won't come cheap either.
  • Joe Gormley [Cliftonville - Peterborough] Undisclosed*

One time president of the N U M .. thought he died years ago ((:>)

better than Rufus ?
    Yes. Less aggressive, but much better on the ball
  • edited June 2015
    WSS said:

Ross said:

Looks the like the doom and gloom mongers will be back out of the woodwork wanting RD out and asking for season ticket strikes.

Looks like the "everything is well in RD world posse" will be back out of the woodwork saying where would we be without RD and how it'll be fine in the long run
    Exactly, because we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the player wants a move the owner becomes almost powerless to prevent a sale. Not saying that's true in this case but if Joe has instigated the move then it's certainly not only the owners fault were receiving a seemingly small amount.
  • wmcf123 said:

Would be gutted to see Gomez go. I know there is a lot of speculation about the fee, but for me I would just like to see him in a Charlton shirt for a couple of years.

better than Rufus ?
    Yes. Less aggressive, but much better on the ball
    well .. moot point, but I'd have Rufus over Gomez any day of the hypothetical week
  • In one way it'll be good to get our selling done early, so we can focus on bringing in the new squad and not have potential big numbers for key players hanging over us. In another way having no centre backs (assuming Bikey leaves) when our defense was a key factor last season...

3.5m doesn't go a long way if you're buying proven

unless you are RD or maybe KM then you don't know. Not even Uncle Dickie will know.

Hahaha ok.. We will revisit this page once he is at Derby and a "reported fee" is released.
  • Addicted said:

In one way it'll be good to get our selling done early, so we can focus on bringing in the new squad and not have potential big numbers for key players hanging over us. In another way having no centre backs (assuming Bikey leaves) when our defense was a key factor last season...

3.5m doesn't go a long way if you're buying proven

I think/fear that CAFC will soon be a kindergarten for young Europeans being tested out for the network .. until January that is when, as last season, we're possibly struggling and there will be moves to bring in experienced Brits as what occurred with the signings of Johnson and Eagles .. though to look on the brighter side, Watt, although a Scot, was a Euro import and he's not too shabby
  • TalkSport saying Liverpool are offering £3.5m for Gomez.

Hahaha ok.. We will revisit this page once he is at Derby and a "reported fee" is released.
    two things...

1. you haven't actually told us anything, so i still have no idea that you know more than the rest of us or don't.

I could say that I have heard that it is less than £7m because someone told me as i was coming into work, that Gomez was going for £3m. That doesn't make me knowledgeable about anything. Large is right, the only people who will actually know about these deals are those directly involved in the deal. I always think that when someone says that they know something but can't share it is just about trying to sound important. If you can't say anything, don't mention it. It really doesn't matter.

2. Derby? maybe this is your scoop.

• WSS said:

Ross said:

Looks the like the doom and gloom mongers will be back out of the woodwork wanting RD out and asking for season ticket strikes.

Looks like the "everything is well in RD world posse" will be back out of the woodwork saying where would we be without RD and how it'll be fine in the long run
    Luckily I am in neither camp.
  • Well if Gomez does go I would assume that would signal to JBG that he should should go too. The two players I really enjoyed watching last season. Yeah we have always been a selling club (and on paper do we even need to sell Gomez right now?) but it is always like a gut punch when players do leave way before we have a chance to truly enjoy their skills and potential for our team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!