Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• The season ticket stuff says 'building a better tomorrow together', not Valley Gold!
  • OOps
    15 mil
  • Am considering giving my £120 to Cancer Research next month instead of Valley Gold.

it would do far more good than being donated to a money making concern like a football club ..
  • Personally I don't think Gomez is worth £8m now. He's only played a handful of games and while showing promise he's hardly the finished article. But £3.5m!! You could only afford Ross McCormack's armpit with that. Ross McCormack!
  • I. Am sure the owner will not leave anything on the table in negotiations when selling any players as it is his money he is looking after. We do not know all the facts but he willll. Also I will keep paying my one pint a month to valley gold as well let's be honest it helps to get tickets. Helps the club in a small way and why not. Keep the faith
    Sorry for spelling grammar etc but no glasses and three beers in.
  • I. Am sure the owner will not leave anything on the table in negotiations when selling any players as it is his money he is looking after. We do not know all the facts but he willll. Also I will keep paying my one pint a month to valley gold as well let's be honest it helps to get tickets. Helps the club in a small way and why not. Keep the faith
    Sorry for spelling grammar etc but no glasses and three beers in.

lol .. if you're out drinking beer in Stockholm AND sending dough to Valley Gold, you must be very well heeled indeed ((:>)
  • I wish. With exchange rate cheaper than london prices mate
  • £3.5m? Is this serious?

Even if true it's says initial.

Even if we do get more after though it's still only 3.5m that we have available for replacements now
  • cafctom said:

Will be gutted if he moves on whatever the fee.

My stance with all Charlton sales from now is that it doesn't really matter if he is sold for £10 or £10m, there is no evidence that it will all be invested back into Charlton. Liege have sold players for 64m EUR and have paid out for 24m EUR since Roland bought them. We will sometimes benefit from the group aspect, other times others may benefit.

I just wanted to see him play for us and develop for another season, was one of the things I was looking forward to most.

Spot on. I don't know why so many fans get caught up about the size of transfers these days - its not their own money and I can think of only very, very few examples where a club has sold one of its best players and been better off for it from a footballing perspective.

I couldn't give a toss if Charlton become 3.5m richer or 7m richer. I'm a football fan, not a spreadsheet enthusiast.

Our league 1 promotion season was massively funded by the sale of Jenkinson right?
  • Sponsored links:

• I love all the games we get out of these youngsters we spend years developing. Fingers crossed one day one of them will get to play 40 games for us!

Callum Harriott, Lloyd Sam what you moaning for :wink:
  • don't worry as CharltonByBlood says he is being loaned to Derby anyway.
  • How much did Gareth bale leave saints for a few years back. A left back at the time, about the same age and a fee of about £8 million approx if I remember right. If the big clubs want him then pay the rate we want if not they can bugger off!
  • At a club like ours, a player of the quality of Gomez comes through the ranks once in a blue moon. If they let him go for anything less than £5M up-front, they may as well close the club down.

cheer up .. it's the summer .. mind you from your chosen site name, I am guessing you don't have a particularly sunny outlook on life ((:>)

If Gomez goes, he's gone, done and dusted .. our season starts in but a few weeks .. I for one can hardly wait .. and what will we all have to moan and tear out our hair over twas not for CAFC ?

A club that has been homeless and broke as well as often relegated only to rise like the Phoenix can certainly stand the loss of a decent young player, especially as his leaving should mean a good few quid going into the kitty
    I could call myself Happy Clappy Addick - I still wouldn't want us selling our prize asset for peanuts, particularly to those bin dipping bastards.
  • £3.5m? Is this serious?

Even if true it's says initial.

Even if we do get more after though it's still only 3.5m that we have available for replacements now
    Nah most of that will go in Roland's pocket anyway.
  • That's a bit better
  • That's decent
  • OnTalksport, their transfer expert suggested £4 million, up to £8million with add ons. Not that I would trust Talkshite.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

The fee anyway will be undisclosed so if and when he goes, we will be none the wiser.

You think that will stop this lot telling you that their mates, half brothers, sisters dog walker met a bloke in the park who works in the West Stand kitchens and he overheard Katrien saying that we got £24m, a complete refurb of the ladies loos in the East Stand and a years worth of pulled pork in return for Gomez.
    And a massive FIFTEEN chips !!!

• How about we sack them all off and actually keep one of our own? Please!
  • It pains me how much football transfer fees have become warped in today's day and age. Unless Roland pockets it, £4 million could do a hell of a lot for our club. Like bringing back the opera singer on the final day of the season.
  • edited June 2015
    cabbles said:

I love all the games we get out of these youngsters we spend years developing. Fingers crossed one day one of them will get to play 40 games for us!

Callum Harriott, Lloyd Sam what you moaning for :wink:
    Errr, Jordan Cousins and Chris Solly.

• Seems like the best we can hope for is a bidding war. What's another 1-2m to the big boys for a future England star.
  • Although the money would be nice, IF we get to splash some, the biggest problem with selling Joe at this point will be the message it sends. To our better players, to our opponents, to us the fans. Even though Roland is a half-billionaire CAFC are still cheapskates. A relatively low wage structure and snatching the hand off the first big-time charlie that come along waving the chequebook. Never serious about building a team capable of challenging for the Premier League again.
  • Except no hands have been bitten off at all, yet. In fact, the up front price has now apparently nearly doubled! Let's just see what price Gomez does go for, if at all, before we start wringing our hands about business practices. It could well be just as accurate to say that CAFC are a club that can and do produce top prospects, but if you want them then you'd better be willing to pay good money, up front, for them. And in that, we are hardly alone.
  • It makes u wonder does RD know about the premier league lol so much potential to make the club bigger and better! And he calls himself a business man!!! Pffftttttt
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!