Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I would be more worried about Jordon Cousins going than Gomez.

Absolutely.

It could be agent talk so he is offered a contract extension ?.
    I hope so, It was clear how much we missed him the game she missed last season and I think we would find it very hard to replace.
  • Hopefully a Gomez sale means we can keep Cousins. Mail reporting that Cousins only has a year left on his contract. That's not true is it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3126287/Aston-Villa-leading-race-sign-Charlton-s-highly-rated-midfielder-Jordan-Cousins-Liverpool-Newcastle-keen.html

yeah think it is.
    Oh sh!t.
  • I would be more worried about Jordon Cousins going than Gomez.

Absolutely.

It could be agent talk so he is offered a contract extension ?.
    I would have thought this would be on the cards if he is staying. I would also think he is on a lot less money than other players as I should assume he is on the original contract when he turned 17
  • Madz said:

As much as I'd like to keep Gomez selling him is not the end of the world fgs. Yes we would all want more money for him and yes we'd like to keep our best young players but every player has his price and tbh I wish him all the luck because he didn't reject a contract and not going for tribunal fee which are generally crap.

We are not going to be able to afford to turn down every offer for all of our young prospects. Not a fan of RD , far from it, but are you all serious in thinking he still wouldn't have been sold if jimenez/slater or even Murray/Varney were still in charge ? Yes RD and KM said they wanted to develop our youth and hold onto the best, of course they did. What else would they say?. Also said we don't have to sell our best players. No we don't have to but championship clubs sell to premiership clubs. That's how it works until you are in the premiership. You can't keep everyone especially in the position we are in, which is at best a mid table championship team. One player doesn't make a team and no-one is irreplaceable. As it stands only Gomez is being linked with actually leaving and the money generated could go into building us a strong team, same as what happened with Jenkinson. Speculation that the money won't go back into us is just that. Cousins not going anywhere to my knowledge, neither are henderson, watt, vetokele or JBG, who are all very important players for the coming season.

As said I'm no fan of RD, but I can't see how any previous board would not also cash in on any player if decent money was offered. If SLP report is correct fee wise I'd be happy with that. Not ecstatic but happy enough.

I.just hope we start bringing in players soon so panicking can start to decline a bit.

This, all day long. Excellent post.
  • It's all over twitter now about Cousins. From The Mail to the Nigerian Herald are reporting it.

I don't like this one little bit.
  • It's all over twitter now about Cousins. From The Mail to the Nigerian Herald are reporting it.

I don't like this one little bit.

I am sure that once one report goes out, they all jump on the bandwagon, and just change the wording slightly, of course he is not going, is he?
  • Losing Gomez would be and is going to be upsetting in terms of the drive of our current owners to get us up the league, losing Cousins would be a worry in that we may drop the other way. He was an integral part of our season, he carried Buyens in so many a game, hence the reason clubs are going in for JC not YB, as well as age and potential to grow as a player in which he definitely still is.
  • cafc-west said:

Wish this thread would go back to some decent rumours, however….

Feel the need to comment on all the Gomez speculation. Really hope he doesn’t go – such an exciting player (already) and will only get better – as so many have said on here. But I wish reality would kick-in for many on here.
    Roland Duchatelet is first and foremost a business man, secondly a dabbler in ‘social experimentation’ (as seen by his political games) and (probably) thirdly an enthusiastic football fan. I’m fairly certain he didn’t buy Charlton for any one reason – but a combination of all 3 of the things listed above. He follows his football teams closely (so we are all told) and wants to dabble with a network of teams, wheeling and dealing to (hopefully) all their individual benefits. What I don’t understand is why anyone would think he is happy to fund any team with his ‘own money’ to the tune of £5 – 8m per year – just for the fun of it!

My supposition is that his business model is predicated on the academy and development of valuable youngsters that can then be sold at a profit (with the odd purchase who may go up in value along the way) – to fund the on-going network. If he gets it right (big IF) then it probably could work – but we should all expect to see the likes of Gomez for 1 or 2 seasons before the ‘asset’ is cashed-in. I’m sure the next saleable asset has already been identified and is being nurtured…

If anyone on here can afford to plough £5m - £8m per year into the club just to keep it going and then invest in improving the academy, the pitch and infrastructure on top – then please step forward and maybe we can stop the sale of our most promising players. Otherwise accept that it is a fact of modern football.

Crash helmet on!

Bang on the money as well. Excellent post.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD does not pay over the odds on wages and does not let plAyers contracts run down I read on here all the time. Gomez, Cousins and JBG will be gone. May as well get used to it. Prob keep Hendo due to his injury record.
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3126403/Joe-Gomez-destined-Premier-League-Charlton-teenager.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Suggesting a fee around £6m plus add ons, starting pre-season in the first team of wherever he goes and challenging for a first team place.
  • If we sell Cousins we are in for a long season!
  • from that Mail piece:

What next?

It seems certain he will move to the Premier League this summer, after being given the opportunity by Charlton, who wish to be remunerated accordingly.
    All discussions so far have centred around Gomez joining a club to make a first-team impact rather be sent out on loan, such is his ability.
    A plan has been mapped out that sees him start pre-season with whichever club gains his signature and challenge for Premier League squads.

what total bullshit. Who has mapped out this plan for a PL team to follow? Do they not have a say?

• from that Mail piece:

What next?

It seems certain he will move to the Premier League this summer, after being given the opportunity by Charlton, who wish to be remunerated accordingly.
    All discussions so far have centred around Gomez joining a club to make a first-team impact rather be sent out on loan, such is his ability.
    A plan has been mapped out that sees him start pre-season with whichever club gains his signature and challenge for Premier League squads.

what total bullshit. Who has mapped out this plan for a PL team to follow? Do they not have a say?

Joes good but nowhere near a first team start at the clubs rumoured to be vying for his signature.

• Playing devil's advocate here .. forget the emotions that Cousins and Gomez are 'ones of our own' .. IF they were both sold for (say) around £9/10 million, that would buy us five or six hardened, talented, experienced, proven championship players and could be the start of a very successful era for the club. I think we know that the owner is not going to splash too much of his own/network money on new players, but he will probably loosen the purse strings if a BIG sum was forthcoming from player sales
  • Feeling a bit sorry for the lifers who are exclusive to the 'Bite Size' rumours thread.

They must see the 20 new posts an hour and wonder what on earth is going on, as they look back at their latest rumour of Roland possibly buying Evian, and wondering if we might bring in ex Wendy Lewis Buxton on a free.
  • edited June 2015
    more bad news.

Translated as.

Loaned last year to #Charlton, Yoni #Buyens absolutely wants to play in Belgium this season to be "near his family"
  • This week i have mostly been listening to.

Moby-That's when i reach for my revolver.

Damn sorry admin wrong thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jenkinson to Sunderland on loan - rumour.
  • sorry, what was that?
  • Thanks Colin!
  • Standard reinforcements not yet brought in, but the Rouches'll see in the coming weeks again a lot of return loaned players. But for most of them do not see it to be that they will get another chance Sclessin.

The Liege club also looking for solutions to his players redundant. Thus Charlton as La Dernière Heure Frédéric Bulot want to take over permanently. The Gabonese winger made it last season as mercenary a good impression in London. There would have to continue hijackers on the coast.

The Walloon newspaper further reports that too Yadin Zaris and Dudu Biton may have. Mergim Vojvoda, who last season barely deserved to play in Sint-Truiden, would then be leased back to sister club Carl Zeiss Jena.

Read more:http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/183092/Overbodige_Standard-speler_kan_definitief_naar_Charlton#ixzz3dEgelHE9
  • In other words Leige are willing to let Bulot sign for charlton?
  • Just need to watch out for the hijackers on the coast, Beds.
  • I have absolutely no idea what you said but I reckon it's not too attractive a proposition
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2015
    The issue we have is that now Jon Snow is dead (sorry @Red_in_SE8) who will protect Feddie from the mercenaries from Vojvoda?
  • Mdma or ketamin

Maybe a bit of both
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!