Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• edited June 2015
    WSS said:

The issue we have is that now Jon Snow is dead (sorry @Red_in_SE8) who will protect Feddie from the mercenaries from Vojvoda?

That's a bit naughty WSS
  • It's a rumour.
  • Think of it this way, would the club let the likes of JG,JC and JBG if we don't have replacements sorted? Granted the replacements may be unknown but that means they have more to prove! Let's get behind the boys and support the club we love through and through.
  • Is it me?

Has football just got too confusing?

Pirates involved now aparantley. Gonna take up needlepoint, fuck it!
  • The problem we face is that we cannot move the club forward if our best players are on short contracts
  • Didnt realise Cousins was on his last year. Surely after his performances last season (even from the start) he should have been tied down before now?

Did he reject a contract or have we just not got round to offering one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe garner signs a 3 year contact with preston
  • Addicted said:

Didnt realise Cousins was on his last year. Surely after his performances last season (even from the start) he should have been tied down before now?

Did he reject a contract or have we just not got round to offering one?

I think he has two years left. I could be wrong though.
  • nope, final year now
  • WSS said:

The issue we have is that now Jon Snow is dead (sorry @Red_in_SE8) who will protect Feddie from the mercenaries from Vojvoda?

But will present Channel 4 News now?
  • edited June 2015
    colin1961 said:

Deal could be worth as much as 10 mill with Liverpool paying 5 mill now and the rest over 12 months

Eff me Colin, you're so slow off the mark with this stuff that you're even getting beaten to the punch by yourself!

You're not orbiting a blackhole or something are you, so time is running slower for you?

Is 1961 the year you thought it was when you signed up for Charlton Life?
  • WSS said:

Standard reinforcements not yet brought in, but the Rouches'll see in the coming weeks again a lot of return loaned players. But for most of them do not see it to be that they will get another chance Sclessin.

The Liege club also looking for solutions to his players redundant. Thus Charlton as La Dernière Heure Frédéric Bulot want to take over permanently. The Gabonese winger made it last season as mercenary a good impression in London. There would have to continue hijackers on the coast.

The Walloon newspaper further reports that too Yadin Zaris and Dudu Biton may have. Mergim Vojvoda, who last season barely deserved to play in Sint-Truiden, would then be leased back to sister club Carl Zeiss Jena.

Read more:http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/183092/Overbodige_Standard-speler_kan_definitief_naar_Charlton#ixzz3dEgelHE9

Zaris and Biton are both Israeli strikers who were are SL. Biton has been on loan to Hapol Tel Aviv but Zaris appears to have been sold to Hakoah Maccabi after playing no games in two season at Liege and then loans to Uspest and STTV (surprise, surprise).

No idea if they are going to join us or Orlando Pirates though.
  • nope, final year now

Ketts has reported Cousins has 2 years left, surely we have the players and the length of contract on here somewhere, I am sure you know where
  • edited June 2015
    Been desperately out of the loop over the last 5 days as I've been at a festival in Wales and I feel like it's all going wrong! Gutted that it looks like Gomez is leaving this summer as I would have loved to have another year with him, can only hope we get a fee of 7m or over or I wouldn't be happy at all. A season loan back would be a dream but I feel it's unlikely. Seen a few rumours of Cousins leaving, bloody hope they are not true. We really really really need to keep Cousins, not just because he is a fantastic player for us but because if he goes that means there is no hope of JBG staying imo :(
  • I don't know if he signed an extension last year, but if not it looks like this is his final year. http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131004-cousins-signs-new-three-year-contract-1095849.aspx
  • I don't know if he signed an extension last year, but if not it looks like this is his final year. http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131004-cousins-signs-new-three-year-contract-1095849.aspx

I thought Cousins had a year left on his deal but I've received an email from someone who was with him yesterday. He said Jordan has two years left on his contract. Sounds reasonable, if he did just have a year left, wouldn't we have heard about talks regarding a new deal?
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited June 2015
    If RD sells all the best players, I hope that there is a plan to replace with decent players or season ticket sales will surely plummet.
  • edited June 2015
    With respect... that's bollocks. We have a good player on our hands, now there's interest, we're looking to sell at a profit. Exactly the same as it's always been! Our best players are sold, just as they were under every owner before and every owner since unless some rich sheik decides Charlton are the best possible waste use of his money. Football is a business. And to make money, you sell players for more than you pay for them. That's not RD being some tinpot emotionless money-grubbing robot... that's the nature of football now. Do you really think ANY owner wouldn't sell a popular, beloved player if the right offer came in? Because if you do... you're wrong. Plain and simple.

EDITED: Well this now looks rather overwrought due to a bit of editing but the point still stands. We'd sell whoever owned the club.
  • So @bobcafc7 selling all the best players and not replacing them with decent players is going to encourage season ticket sales ?
  • Well, once we've actually sold ANY of our best players, much less all... and once we've signed dreck to replace them with (not players with international pedigree and a few Championship experienced heads as well) THEN we can have that debate. But that hasn't happened yet.
  • It is amazing how crazy we get over some rumors in June. I am waiting until the end of July and then I will decide to either hate RD or love him. By then, we will have enough of an idea of what our squad will look like for the season.
  • vff said:

So @bobcafc7 selling all the best players and not replacing them with decent players is going to encourage season ticket sales ?

No I put lol because I agree with thenewbie about your previous post which you've now edited.
  • ross1 said:

nope, final year now

Ketts has reported Cousins has 2 years left, surely we have the players and the length of contract on here somewhere, I am sure you know where
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/67632/updated-squad-list-3-may-2015/p1
  • I am not going to make any judgment about the price until we actually have a price to judge. People were criticising the ownership for letting Gomez go on the cheap... before he even went! Let's just wait and see a) how much Gomez does in fact go for (if at all) and b) how much of that still hypothetical sum gets reinvested before we draw any conclusions.
  • From @Transfer Centre 9

Charlton interested in bringing in Neil Danns from Bolton and Peter Ramage released from Crystal Palace #CAFC #BWFC
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!