Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Vapers on CL?

Comments

• Options
    Can't mate, the thought of going through the steps of pseudo smoking would just reel me back in. It's always been a psychological thing with me. I proper hate smoking now, the smell, everything about it. Will move seats on train now if someone smells of smoke. Yet know one pissed up puff of anything (whether nicotine would or not) would quickly see me back on it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options

Can't mate, the thought of going through the steps of pseudo smoking would just reel me back in. It's always been a psychological thing with me. I proper hate smoking now, the smell, everything about it. Will move seats on train now if someone smells of smoke. Yet know one pissed up puff of anything (whether nicotine would or not) would quickly see me back on it.

Completely understand that and my post wasn't to try and entice you at all. I wish I could have never started smoking so respect to you for the ability to quit completely. The only thing I'd say is that myself and many others don't see this as smoking or anything similar. It's a lot more to do with flavours, clouds and the ability to completely customise what you do.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    Now now fellas, I wanted this to be a friendly thread. Everyone's welcome to contribute but let's keep out any criticism or personal attacks.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Now now fellas, I wanted this to be a friendly thread. Everyone's welcome to contribute but let's keep out any criticism or personal attacks.

He gets on my tits if he doesn't agree with something that's said he has a pop and when it comes back the other way he doesn't like it
  • Options
    Admit I don't know much about it all, but they must have some chemicals in don't they?
  • Options

Admit I don't know much about it all, but they must have some chemicals in don't they?

Until all the tests are do I'm not sure all I know is I feel much better using them no more coughing my guts up
  • Options

doubt it, depends what's in their cat food I suppose.

• Options
    There's a new shop in downham, that sells kits and a fair few flavours of juice. Anyone know anything about it, opinions on quality?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The majority of juices contain vegetable glycerin (derived from vegetables and found in things like soap), propylene glycol (found in many things like food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics), nicotine and flavourings. Now individually these things are "safe", the main concern is what happens when you heat them and inhale them. The majority of studies so far have deemed them "safe" but the real danger is, what is actually in the bottles people buy? With no regulation there is only the vendors word that what is contained in them is what they say.
  • Options
    Who deleted/edited my last post and why?
  • Options
    Will hazard a guess at er admin. Didn't read it but then someone else's post was deleted just after as well.
  • Options
    Got married in 2009 and we gave up smoking once the honeymoon duty free were gone. Still want one every time outside a pub with a beer in my hand and have cracked a few times and probably had one a year since then. Like AFKA I think if I tried to Vape it would just lead me to smoke proper ciggies again.

And having seen the prices of Marlboro Lights these days I don't know how anyone can still afford to smoke!!!
  • Options
    Agreed. The prices are astronomical for cigarettes, it can't be a coincidence that our prices are what they are and the numbers are finally beginning to fall yet you go to mainland Europe where a pack is still about half of what they are here and a much higher number smoke. One thing our last few governments have got correct even if it wasn't completely for the right reasons.
  • Options
    Just wait for them to be regulated in 2016. Then buy 'regulated' products, which will be guaranteed and tested for safety. (Non-regulated ecigs will still be available, just not able to be marketed for smoking cessation)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Will hazard a guess at er admin. Didn't read it but then someone else's post was deleted just after as well.

Well that's their privilege but I can't think why. There was nothing abusive about it.
  • Options
    I gave up smoking & moved on to vaping on 20th of Jan. About 2 weeks in, I had a puff on a fag and it was disgusting. 4 months forward and I'm not missing smoking at all. The trouble is, all the time I'm vaping (in my head) I'm still a smoker that's just not smoking.

I've gradually weaned myself from the high level liquids and have just moved onto the low. Set myself a target of 2 months on each strength, so by the end of july I hope to be using the non nicotine liquids, before stopping all together............
  • Options

I gave up smoking & moved on to vaping on 20th of Jan. About 2 weeks in, I had a puff on a fag and it was disgusting. 4 months forward and I'm not missing smoking at all. The trouble is, all the time I'm vaping (in my head) I'm still a smoker that's just not smoking.

I've gradually weaned myself from the high level liquids and have just moved onto the low. Set myself a target of 2 months on each strength, so by the end of july I hope to be using the non nicotine liquids, before stopping all together............

Well done there's still a lot of will power involved.but like said before my vaping has turned into more of a hobby I like trying different flavours
  • Options
    iainment said:

I'm sorry but this is so sad.

It's okay, only Vegetable Glycerin based liquids are used, no animals are harmed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If your brave enough the seventh sun in Woolwich near the lesuire centre has imo the best e liquid called playboy! Been vaping for a year now and playboy is by far the best for me.
  • Options
    If ultimately the aim is to give up smoking, then there's more chance of giving up if you break the habit of sticking something in your mouth and inhaling it.

For me, the 24hr nicotine patches worked. Was on 40 Benson Gold's a day at the time. Had the max strength patches on for 6 weeks then the reduced strength ones for 2 and that was enough for me to beat it.

11 years later, I still haven't had a single drag of a fag since. Never get a craving for them, even when drunk.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

If ultimately the aim is to give up smoking, then there's more chance of giving up if you break the habit of sticking something in your mouth and inhaling it.

For me, the 24hr nicotine patches worked. Was on 40 Benson Gold's a day at the time. Had the max strength patches on for 6 weeks then the reduced strength ones for 2 and that was enough for me to beat it.

11 years later, I still haven't had a single drag of a fag since. Never get a craving for them, even when drunk.

Well done mate I wish I had your will power I can diet or put my mind to anything but giving up smoking is to hard but vaping has helped I was on 24 milligrams of nicotine now iv cut down to 6 milligrams hopefully it won't be long till I'm on 0 nicotine
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I've seen cannabis vaping is available in America. Can you get THC juices over here? I gave up all tobacco 10 years ago but bribed myself with allowing the odd pure hit of grass (a couple of lungfulls at the weekend). I'd prefer to vape my intake than inhale lighter fuel and god knows what else.
  • Options

I've seen cannabis vaping is available in America. Can you get THC juices over here? I gave up all tobacco 10 years ago but bribed myself with allowing the odd pure hit of grass (a couple of lungfulls at the weekend). I'd prefer to vape my intake than inhale lighter fuel and god knows what else.

There is a few juices that say they taste the same but iv yet to try one that's anything like it
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Disagree. I have absolutely no cravings for a cigarette. Nicotine fix, yes but then I'm slowly bringing that down by using juices that have less nicotine in them. Like I said before I very much doubt I'll ever have another cigarette in my lifetime. For example even if for whatever reason I can't use my devices or I've run out of juice or battery I'd rather just go without. Now obviously that's just me and for you and others it might be different but I know there are many vapers similar to myself in this regard.
  • Options

Smoking makes you look cool.

That might be a new definition of cool though, a bit like when bad became good.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Friends of mine were all getting a weed hit when I was in Texas last year. I'd love for that to be possible here.

• Options
    Stig said:

Smoking makes you look cool.

That might be a new definition of cool though, a bit like when bad became good.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Fuck me talk about take a smile off my face