Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Vapers on CL?

Comments

• Options
    Me too, I am also very glad it was tastes nothing like the mothers milk I drank in Barbados that had me more pissed than I have ever been in my life
  • Options

Suicide bunny mothers milk 18mg

Space jam Pluto 18mg
    Vampire Vape heisenberg 18mg

Finding it quite enjoyable tbh better than the e cigs from the supermarket

Are these also available as a range of real ales?
  • Options

I didn't know this thread was here. Just for the sake of announcing myself. I vape on an eLeaf 30W with a Subtank Mini on top. Smoked for about 3 years. Tried a shitty device which I gave up on and went back to cigarettes. A year later I bought my current set up and haven't had one for 4 months 3 days now. Don't even think about cigarettes anymore.

My subtank mini should be here by the weekend. Can't wait to chuck some serious clouds. Currently considering buying a dripper as well just to see what they are like.
  • Options
    Suicide Bunny,
    Space Jam,
    Vampire Vape Heisenberg

these do not sound legal :lol:
  • Options
    I am confused - is vaping different to an e-cig type thing, what with talk of subtank minis on top !!!

I thought you just screwed in a flavour cartridge and puffed like a ciggie ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I am confused - is vaping different to an e-cig type thing, what with talk of subtank minis on top !!!

I thought you just screwed in a flavour cartridge and puffed like a ciggie ?

Yes they are different. The e cigarettes you see that look like plastic cigarettes and sold in Tesco or corner shops are lnown as cartomizers. Essentially a cartridge with a built in atomizer contaiining nicotine and flavour. This is thrown away once it is finished with and a new cartomizer attached.

Most vapers will use either a clearomizer (a tank you fill up with your own liquid, you can replace the atomizer) or a dripper (you drip a few drops of liquid directly onto the heating coil each time you take a puff).

That's a very basic description between the two. The talk of sub tanks are taanks (clearomizers) that use sub-ohm coils. I'm sure you don't care so I won't go into much detail but essentially it means you can use a higher wattage to produce more heat through the coils and thus produce more vapour.
  • Options
    Thanks - so they are quite chunky then?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I didn't know this thread was here. Just for the sake of announcing myself. I vape on an eLeaf 30W with a Subtank Mini on top. Smoked for about 3 years. Tried a shitty device which I gave up on and went back to cigarettes. A year later I bought my current set up and haven't had one for 4 months 3 days now. Don't even think about cigarettes anymore.

My subtank mini should be here by the weekend. Can't wait to chuck some serious clouds. Currently considering buying a dripper as well just to see what they are like.
    Great. Yeah I'm considering dripping aswell but I had go at rebuilding one of the stock coils on my subtank and it didn't go well at all so I'm not sure how well I'd fare.

Word of advice with the subtank. I had quite a bit of trouble with leaking to start with. Some said it was to do with the O Rings but they didn't make a difference to me. I eventually noticed that it would only leak with high VG juices (80/20). Not leak enough to spill on anything but enough so that there is visible bits of juice on the metal which got sticky and annoying. I changed to 60/40 and it hasn't been a problem since so bare that in mind if you have any issues with yours.
    MrOneLung said:

Pretty chunky yeah. I just snapped this picture of mine in my hand to give you an idea of how big it is. The top bit unscrews when I'm not using it which makes it a bit easier to put in my pocket.

• Options
    Nice one Leeds. I don't usually go above 70 VG but I'll definitely bear it in mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got one last week, same as yours @leedsaddick but with a different tank. Have only smoked when I went out and ran out of juice. I can go without for a couple of hours of course but can you smoke these at the valley? What about in pubs?
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend anything which is worth buying for about £30? Done these before but only on cheap things from tesco? 7 years of being a smoker.
  • Options
    @Saulc23 I got this for £30 and came with a bottle of juice. I didn't know much about it but it's been easy to use and have been told it's a good choice.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/advanced-kits/bdc-kits/curve-mini-10w-e-cigarette-kit-and-e-product.html
  • Options
    Tom, not sure on the tank that comes with that one.

@Saulc23 this is a good starter kit myepack.co.uk/kits/kanger-emow-starter-kit.html comes with a few spare coils as well so all you'll need is some liquid. epack is very good for hardware imo but their liquids aren't great so probably best looking elsewhere for them.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Just got one last week, same as yours @leedsaddick but with a different tank. Have only smoked when I went out and ran out of juice. I can go without for a couple of hours of course but can you smoke these at the valley? What about in pubs?

tom- k said:

While they're a relatively new thing I tend to stick to vaping in smoking areas unless the place states that you can vape there, mainly because my device gives off a lot of vapour. People don't really like having smoke blown in their face whether it's cigarette smoke or water vapour so pissing people off with it will speed up the process of them getting banned which I don't want to happen. For devices which don't give off a lot of vapour you'd probably get away with vaping them in most places. However whether you're allowed or not depends on the rules for that particular place.

Just check with the staff in pubs etc. I've heard stories of staff being really relaxed about it in some cases.
  • Options
    Agree with leeds. Sometimes I'll ask in a place if it's ok. If it isn't don't get arsey about it just kindly accept their decision.

It is also worth learning some stealth vaping techniques. Things like turning the power down on your device (if possible), holding the vapour in your mouth so it dissipates in your mouth before exhaling or turning down the airflow (again if possible). I found these quite helpful when on trains.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses I'll look into these and feed back
  • Options
    Apologies for the link to another forum, but it's vendors day so there's a load of discounts to be had:

bofv.co.uk/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F2248-vendors-day-31st-may-2015%2F
  • Options
    Anything that helps people give up smoking has to be a good thing. I would be amazed if they were more harmful.
  • Options
    Not fancied a cig since I started on the Vape, been a very stressful week which really tested the capability of Vape replacing fags, really really successful in that respect and a very enjoyable experience at the same time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NLA, it will be interesting to hear after a few weeks off the ciggies if you start breathing better. I felt my lungs became a lot clearer and I was sleeping a lot better. Keep up the good work.
  • Options

Anything that helps people give up smoking has to be a good thing. I would be amazed if they were more harmful.

I thought the idea was to kick an addiction, not start another one
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Great. Yeah I'm considering dripping aswell but I had go at rebuilding one of the stock coils on my subtank and it didn't go well at all so I'm not sure how well I'd fare.

Word of advice with the subtank. I had quite a bit of trouble with leaking to start with. Some said it was to do with the O Rings but they didn't make a difference to me. I eventually noticed that it would only leak with high VG juices (80/20). Not leak enough to spill on anything but enough so that there is visible bits of juice on the metal which got sticky and annoying. I changed to 60/40 and it hasn't been a problem since so bare that in mind if you have any issues with yours.
    MrOneLung said:

Pretty chunky yeah. I just snapped this picture of mine in my hand to give you an idea of how big it is. The top bit unscrews when I'm not using it which makes it a bit easier to put in my pocket.

You need to stop biting your nails ;0)

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Agree with leeds. Sometimes I'll ask in a place if it's ok. If it isn't don't get arsey about it just kindly accept their decision.

It is also worth learning some stealth vaping techniques. Things like turning the power down on your device (if possible), holding the vapour in your mouth so it dissipates in your mouth before exhaling or turning down the airflow (again if possible). I found these quite helpful when on trains.

Just on the topic of vaping in places where smoking is banned.

One of my best mates has a serious lung condition and he says that he's affected just as much by someone vaping next to him as he would be by someone smoking. I think they should be treated the same as smoking.
  • Options
    Mother's milk is a fine Vape really really good
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I thought the idea was to kick an addiction, not start another one
    That's what I think too. They should be used to help kick an addiction to cigarettes. But If some people stop smoking and use these instead and can't give them up, I suspect they will prove to be less harmful than smoking - even if they haven't yet been fully tested. It woudl be hard for them to be more harmful!
  • Options
    IA said:

colthe3rd said:

One of my best mates has a serious lung condition and he says that he's affected just as much by someone vaping next to him as he would be by someone smoking. I think they should be treated the same as smoking.
    Interesting. I should have added to my post if someone asked me not to do it near them I would also stop, I'm happy to respect their wishes. At the moment though I disagree it should be classed as the same as smoking. Studies so far have shown that it is nowhere near the levels of toxins released by cigarettes. Until there is a consistent bank of studies done to show whether it is harmful or not then it shouldn't be banned.
  • Options
    Use 'e-lite' menthol which is absolutely fine. However, the fact that they don't smell means that you can use them subtlety in doors, at home, air planes, public transport, hotel rooms etc meaning that you have more opportunities to 'smoke'/vape. I am no longer smoking tobacco but have replaced this with another, less harmful, habit which is also proving difficult to stop.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

IA said:

colthe3rd said:

Interesting. I should have added to my post if someone asked me not to do it near them I would also stop, I'm happy to respect their wishes. At the moment though I disagree it should be classed as the same as smoking. Studies so far have shown that it is nowhere near the levels of toxins released by cigarettes. Until there is a consistent bank of studies done to show whether it is harmful or not then it shouldn't be banned.
    I think you've got this on its head. Until there is unequivocal evidence to prove it is safe it should definitely be treated as smoking.

• Options

colthe3rd said:

IA said:

colthe3rd said:

I think you've got this on its head. Until there is unequivocal evidence to prove it is safe it should definitely be treated as smoking.

But it isn't smoking. It doesn't use tobacco which the ban covers. Most (reliable) studies so far have found that it is harmless. Therefore it shouldn't be banned at the moment.