Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women's World Cup

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Poor standard in tonights game having watched most of the matches.
    Sinclair is class for Canada.
    Taylor with no support, great for England.
    England Should not play too defensive or we will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Come on England.
    I said earlier the winner would be the team who made the Fewest mistakes !

• Options
    So it has taken you 22 days from start of this thread to admit that apart from four teams and occasionally another two, the standard is shit?
  • Options
    Anyhow, come on girls.
  • Options
    Great save Canada.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    war of attrition from England.

Ladies football have only been a pro game for a few years.
    The men are a 100 years in front.
  • Options
    This is tense!

The standard may not be that good tonight but those girls are putting their bodies on the line.
  • Options
    We will do well not to concede>

Five minutes time added on!
  • Options
    hahahaha this refereeing though.
  • Options
    Get in.
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England win 2-1. Into the semi finals against Japan.
  • Options
    Well done the ladies.....
  • Options
    Enjoyable, tense viewing and battled out a big result in tough surroundings. Well done England.
  • Options
    Well done girls. Congratulations.
  • Options
    England will need to play a damn sight better than that next time. They hang in games because they're physically competitive, but their interplay is near non-existent
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Fantastic achievement.

First England team to get to a World Cup semi final since 1990.

The 4 best Ladies football teams in the World are
    Germany, Japan,France and USA.

The Record books will tell you that the best 4 teams at the world cup 2015 are
    Germany,Japan, USA..... AND ENGLAND.

Come on England.
  • Options
    Metaphorical Bollocks ! (love it)

100% correct Exiled_Addick

Have a great day on Wednesday.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well done England. Sometimes you have to dig out the wins but they hit the woodwork twice also. Well done to manager who made the changes. Taylor provided what England were missing up front, if they play the way they are. I think Japan is a winnable game - very difficult but winnable. Really rooting for the girls. Terrific.

I think the Keeper Bardsley is a problem. She is good with crosses and very good off her line to be fair but poor with shots. Judgement seems all off and I think it is a technical problem rather than a confidence one. The problem is, does the coach put the reserve keeper in for a semi final. I know there is a strong feeling with people in the know that she is a better keeper but it's a big game to be brought in for. If I was coach I'd probably hold off, but realise that the position is an issue. Maybe, just in case it can make some difference , do some intensive work with Bardsley on decision making in terms of shot stopping.

I know people wont agree, but I think my point was proven about Kirby. She had a role against the easier defences and the experience will be invaluable for for the future, but she is not ready for the better teams yet.
  • Options
    Well done England, just watched the highlights and the quality of the competition has definitely improved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Manager seems to be good tactically and selects the right team which helps.

Not sure they keep the ball well enough to beat somebody like Japan but they will have the confidence and momentum.
  • Options
    They will need to have most of the team playing at the top of the game. But if you take out the keeping mistakes, we are as hard as anyone to score against and that will always give you a chance as long as you can pose a threat at the other end against the better sides. We saw in the Norway game that Duggan and Kirby couldn't play effectively under these constraints, but it is known they are excellent players and prolific scorers domestically. But the way England are and how they play, you need the Scotts and Taylors. I think the manager has worked it out so well done to him.
  • Options
    Brilliant by the lionesses.
    One of the main things I've noticed about women's football is you get a lot less mincing. Hardly any rolling around feigning injury. No pushing and shoving and pretended to be slapped. You have to ask which version of the sport is more feminine. Go girls!
  • Options
    Well done you lionesses:-) have to say I feel really proud of those girls and I'm looking forward to Weds. Tough game I reckon but hoping to see an England team reach a World Cup final for the first time in oh quite a long while....
  • Options
    haven't been watching at all .. congratulations England
  • Options
    Well done the Lionesses, could teach the men a thing or two about spirit. Bet they never ask for a golf course at St. Georges...
  • Options
    2-1 for the Ing-ger-lund, our favourite score!
  • Options
    Well played Ladies.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Not a fan of Women's football but have to congratulate them and will make sure I watch the semi. ( insert joke here about women and a semi ).
  • Options
    Well done England women . After watching the game against France, I didnt have too much good to say about them.
    They have surprised me.
    It's no coincidence we are a better side now Aluko has been dropped.