Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Hadji Ba (Confirmed - and guess what? Undisclosed Fee!)

Comments

• Options

Did anyone else hear that there was a row at half time and Ba refused to come out for the second half ?

Not in squad today
    Where's the love button?

...wait, that sounds wrong. I'm not that happy.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Ba just tweeted a montage of his 'highlights'. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/SsUI38316Ng

Hopefully he is sending it around to get a move.
  • Options
    pitching himself on twitter, nice
  • Options
    Told to look for another club ?
  • Options
    Wow! What a player.

In a whole season he's actually managed 11 minutes of decent play.

Are you watching, Alan Pardew?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    11 minutes of it? I'm not having that.
  • Options
    You can have a 100% pass completion rate, successful tackle rate, and controlling the ball rate, and still be playing in a team getting thrashed.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Not his agent's best idea...

Some of the clips are really prosaic, but there are moments in there where you can see his ability, strong in the tackle, good control, can beat a man, and his range of passing is better than he gets credit for. The problem is putting it all together. Thought he looked quite good against Fulham when partnered with Kashi.

He's one, like with Naby Sarr and Christian Ceballos where I feel like there's something there to work with.. I hope they're all given another year, be it regular football in League One or a loan spell, to see if playing week in week out irons out the kinks, inconsistencies, and mistakes. The problem is due to lack of depth and experience, when we buy these young, raw players we tend to throw them in almost straight away, and if they don't settle straight away, they're either dropped from the squad or moved on. It's precisely the wrong way to nurture and develop young talent.

With their long contracts, and probably lack of interest from other clubs, I doubt we'll have any alternative...
  • Options
    i have seen enough of him to know he s shite .(.i expect if we showed a montage of all his cock ups it would be a bit longer )..wheres a nice official stamp that says he refused to play for the cause ?
  • Options
    If you have to highlight yourself so people can pick you out, it's probably not a great highlights package.

He did have a decent game against the Wendies though, bless him.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I know im in the minority but I think there was a half decent player in there

No I'm with you on that. I think he has more technical ability than Jordan Cousins right now (though Cousins' technique is improving), but he lacks decision making, vision, focus, all of which are things that can be learned with age.

One of the hardest things for him is that he is probably best suited to a role similar to Cousins (though nowhere near as effective), running around trying to break up play and then drive forward. That role requires someone disciplined to sit deeper and hold, and with Kashi missing most of the season and Diarra injured or playing in defense when Ba was around the first team, he hasn't had that opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are lies, damned lies, and YouTube player highlight videos.
  • Options
    he has a youtube video! we should sign him! Oh Wait....
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I know im in the minority but I think there was a half decent player in there

right behind you. Shame the other half was total gash though.
  • Options

There are lies, damned lies, and YouTube player highlight videos.

And that sums up Charlton Athletic 2014 - 2016
  • Options
    Never saw him have a good game, only glimpses of what might be a reasonable player. He's another in the very long list of contracted players that we cannot afford next season, so get rid quick.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Never saw him have a good game, only glimpses of what might be a reasonable player. He's another in the very long list of contracted players that we cannot afford next season, so get rid quick.

Why do you assume we cannot afford him? I doubt his wages are that high, especially if he has a relegation clause. I'm not saying he's a world beater but we need a squad next year, and bringing in lots of new players, even on the cheap or free transfers, will mean signing on fees (and potentially higher wages if they come free/cheap) which would end up making a larger dent on our finances than players currently at the club.
  • Options
    Good riddance
  • Options
    The new Therry Racon
  • Options
    Never saw much in him at all I'm afraid, thanks for memories, see ya.