Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Hadji Ba (Confirmed - and guess what? Undisclosed Fee!)

Comments

• Options
    ct_addick said:

Wish we could find a french player like Kante for Leicester. I think he's a terrific player.

I'd argue we have a player who can make as big an impact for us as Kante, unfortunately it's Kashi who's out, stick him alongside Poyet and Ba/Jacko/Cousins and that's a very busy midfield.
  • Options
    I remember saying to my dad at the beginning of the season with the combination of kashi, ba and Cousins we wouldn't get outfought by many midfields in the championship. It's a shame we haven't had much chance to play them all together and I think kashi has personally been a massive loss this season as did look a decent player. The thing with ba is he can do a couple of decent things but then completely lose concentration, give the ball away and go missing. Does he have the consistency for championship football? I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    ^^ That would be my concern aswell, he seems to be too comfortable on the ball to the point where he looks as though he's going to get robbed of it. Maybe he just needs a proper run of games.
  • Options
    I accept that what we've had so far hasn't been working very well but I'm not convinced Ba is the answer either. He'll do one good thing followed by three bad, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a player's head drop as much as it did in one game earlier this season.

In the last few minutes of the game on Saturday the ball broke out to the edge of their area. It was a straight race between Ba and one of theirs. Ba was slow off the mark for a start and then tried to get to the man first rather than the ball, out of cowardice IMO.

Not sure he's got the heart for it, but seems likely he'll be starting on Saturday anyway so I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    If Ba is the answer then the question can only have been "what noise do sheep make?"
  • Options

If Ba is the answer then the question can only have been "what noise do sheep make?"

Its not really a Baaa though is it... Its more like Meeehhh
  • Options

Its not really a Baaa though is it... Its more like Meeehhh
    Depends what you're doing to it!
    Do you ask nicely????
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Wish we could find a french player like Kante for Leicester. I think he's a terrific player.

if we did the stupid Kantes running the Club would probably sell him for a bag of chips and night at the cinema
  • Options
    Ba is the sort of player who some people try and big up now, but when the day actually comes that we get in a decent midfielder people will look back and say "actually yeah he was quite shit wasn't he?"

Bit like Semedo/Racon in that sense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we want to start playing football through the midfield rather than humping it long to Simon, we need a player like Ba in the team.

This bit is undeniably true but whenever Ba is selected the ball travels unimpeded through our midfield in the uninterrupted custody of the opposition on their inexorable progress to our penalty area with just our latest unfamiliar centre-half pairing to evade.
    Ba is (terrifyingly) not the worst player in the squad but he is about 3 divisions short of being nearly good enough for the job he has. For every 5 minutes of apparent adequacy he delivers 20 of dismal fallibility, not even nuisance value. He is the paragon of what Roly Doeshitalot's crackpot delusion delivers. "Good on paper"? not even special as a scrabble score
  • Options
    moleo88 said:

ct_addick said:

I'd argue we have a player who can make as big an impact for us as Kante, unfortunately it's Kashi who's out, stick him alongside Poyet and Ba/Jacko/Cousins and that's a very busy midfield.
    Yep your spot on , we miss Kashi big time
  • Options
    Ba(mbi) looks like he may grow into being a good player. Sometimes so does fox, sometimes so does Makienok.

Jury is out as to whether they will and also whether they would be better playing a while a league down before coming back selectively into the first team.

Still next season we will know how some of them look a league down as they'll be in our first teAm
  • Options

If we want to start playing football through the midfield rather than humping it long to Simon, we need a player like Ba in the team.

This bit is undeniably true but whenever Ba is selected the ball travels unimpeded through our midfield in the uninterrupted custody of the opposition on their inexorable progress to our penalty area with just our latest unfamiliar centre-half pairing to evade.
    Ba is (terrifyingly) not the worst player in the squad but he is about 3 divisions short of being nearly good enough for the job he has. For every 5 minutes of apparent adequacy he delivers 20 of dismal fallibility, not even nuisance value. He is the paragon of what Roly Doeshitalot's crackpot delusion delivers. "Good on paper"? not even special as a scrabble score
    Well my eyes must deceive me then, because I've just watched the highlights and we looked like a totally different team after Ba came on for Jackson and the reason for that was because we were playing football with forward momentum from the midfield up to the forwards and Ba was integral to that happening.
  • Options

Well my eyes must deceive me then, because I've just watched the highlights and we looked like a totally different team after Ba came on for Jackson and the reason for that was because we were playing football with forward momentum from the midfield up to the forwards and Ba was integral to that happening.
    Clue is in your comment: 'highlight'
  • Options

Ba(mbi) looks like he may grow into being a good player. Sometimes so does fox, sometimes so does Makienok.

Jury is out as to whether they will and also whether they would be better playing a while a league down before coming back selectively into the first team.

Still next season we will know how some of them look a league down as they'll be in our first team

I'll never forget Carlisle United between 1997 and 2004... For years they'd be the worst team in the Football League, forever surviving out of the blue or thanks to that goal from Jimmy Glass and was sad when they finally went down

Funnily though they then went on to bounce straight back from the Conference (winning the Play-Off final) and they didnt stop there as the following season they then won the League Two title (Always found this ironic seeing that only two years before they'd been badly struggling and couldnt compete in it).

Was the exact same with Norwich when we were both relegated, they ended up winning League One and went on to go straight to the Premier League.

Maybe sometimes its better to go down rather than struggling every season... Allows the team (If it can stay together) to play better in a lower Division, then if they succeed they can go into the following season on a promoted high and possibly go one step further.
  • Options
    The same people slagging Ba and not giving him a chance are properly the same people who wrote "Network" signing Bulot off when he first signed.... Ba has been impressive the last few games, played a great ball through to Yaya, yes he will be slack with passing sometimes but actually shows a bit of drive something Cousins can do but doesn't do enough.
  • Options

The same people slagging Ba and not giving him a chance are properly the same people who wrote "Network" signing Bulot off when he first signed.... Ba has been impressive the last few games, played a great ball through to Yaya, yes he will be slack with passing sometimes but actually shows a bit of drive something Cousins can do but doesn't do enough.

He's been a bit of a battering ram...

He'll run into a crowd of players, we all groan that he's lost the ball yet he's been coming out the otherside with it
  • Options
    I think we're going round in circles what with our current situation.

If Ba played for a weeks and we will lost games 2 months from now the Jackson thread would be back saying why ain't he playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think we're going round in circles what with our current situation.

If Ba played for a weeks and we will lost games 2 months from now the Jackson thread would be back saying why ain't he playing.

Is exactly why we need a settled squad and is why Jose Riga shouldnt be asked why he didnt make more changes after Bristol City... the ability is there, they all just need the confidence to go out there and do the job needed
  • Options
    Did anyone else hear that there was a row at half time and Ba refused to come out for the second half ?
  • Options

Did anyone else hear that there was a row at half time and Ba refused to come out for the second half ?

Not until just then! I'd just assumed that one of the myriad coaches had had an epiphany and realised he was toilet.

If what you say is true, he should just be sacked. Nobody would notice he had gone. 24 appearances, incl. nine as sub and no goals - how is that an attacking midfielder as some have suggested?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Not until just then! I'd just assumed that one of the myriad coaches had had an epiphany and realised he was toilet.

If what you say is true, he should just be sacked. Nobody would notice he had gone. 24 appearances, incl. nine as sub and no goals - how is that an attacking midfielder as some have suggested?
    And he can't tackle. Infact I'm not sure what he does - awful scouting as ever from this laughing stock.
  • Options
    Ba needs to learn to simply distribute the ball. He is not short of bottle in the challenge and he could find his level next year in League One.

Nailed on prediction - he'll break at least one leg before he leaves Charlton.
  • Options
    He's not very good, does one nice turn a game but poor at any kind of passing and can't score!
  • Options
    Ba is a really really really poor mans Semedo.
  • Options
    Totally at fault for Reading third by giving the ball away. Also lucky not to have been sent off for series of clumsy challenges. Bergdich an improvement in second half.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Sunderland fans seemed to like him if I remember they weren't happy coz they sold him to us