Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Hadji Ba (Confirmed - and guess what? Undisclosed Fee!)

Comments

• Options
    uie2 said:

Sunderland fans seemed to like him if I remember they weren't happy coz they sold him to us

He only played one game for them!
  • Options
    I miss Kashi, he could hold the ball up and spray it about... or at tleat that's the impression I got.
  • Options

uie2 said:

Sunderland fans seemed to like him if I remember they weren't happy coz they sold him to us

He only played one game for them!

Respected in the reserve games and many felt he was never given a run of games
  • Options
    He tries, I'll give him that, but he's so clumsy and error prone I do wonder at what point someone watched him and decided he should be signed?

Maybe L1 will be enough of a drop to make him look good?
  • Options
    He looked so calm and intelligent in pre-season. I really thought we had a player there. Seems like his head's just completely gone and he can't even do the basic things right anymore. It's disappointing but it's another symptom of our insane recruitment policy.
  • Options
    I thought there was something odd - was bergdich playing centre mid in ba's place?
  • Options
    Ba does some good work then ruins it with some basic errors. If he didn't want to play then he can piss off
  • Options

Did anyone else hear that there was a row at half time and Ba refused to come out for the second half ?

If that's true then it's hilarious as we sounded stronger in the second half, managed to battle more effectively and only conceded one.. all whilst he was replaced by a feckin' left winger.

I reckon he may regret that particular decision if it's true, because he's completely made himself to look like a liability and as though his contributions in the first half weakened us.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Did anyone else hear that there was a row at half time and Ba refused to come out for the second half ?

If that's true then it's hilarious as we sounded stronger in the second half, managed to battle more effectively and only conceded one.. all whilst he was replaced by a feckin' left winger.

I reckon he may regret that particular decision if it's true, because he's completely made himself to look like a liability and as though his contributions in the first half weakened us.
    He was the reason we lost posession on multiple occassions so he didn't make it look like it, instead it was actually the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I know i dont go often but to be honest he stuck out the most to this very casual observer... AND someone scored a hattrick in a Charlton shirt which is as rare as rocking horse shit of course!

How is that bloke a professional football player? Answers on a postcard please.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Glad it wasn't just me who thought so.
    Saturday was the first game I've managed to get to this season (I know, awful customer, ain't I?) and I couldn't believe how bad he was. His decision-making was SO poor and SO slow. He would just wait on the ball until he gave it away - absolutely no awareness or urgency.

I think some supporters didn't notice it because at times he was so bad that he was good i.e. stumbling into a player so that the ball happened to ricochet over to a team-mate in space.
    Was so pleased when he was taken off.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Amdy Faye but without the skill

Eh... When did you see Amdy Faye with any skill?
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Amdy Faye is exactly what he's like. The sort of player that makes you think "Why isn't everybody else angry about this? Why is this man allowed to pretend he's a footballer? Can people not see how awful he is?"
  • Options
    lolwray said:

There is a similarity.
  • Options
    Terrible player, if he refused to come out for the second half then hopefully we can terminate his contract with out paying him compensation.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I still rate him. Wasn't as bad as many have made out but his lack of tracking back is a worry.

If true that he refused to come out then that should be the last we see of him though - that's just not on

Tbf we were not prepared for the 2nd half substitution though so could have legs

Wow, I must have missed hearing that I know he didn't play a blinder, but really?

• Options
    Like the majority of our squad, he is on a long deal so will no doubt get the chance to prove himself in league 1...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Like the majority of our squad, he is on a long deal so will no doubt get the chance to prove himself in league 1...

Quite. Any good players are given free transfers or sold asap. Any crap players are given extended contracts.
    Katrien Meire "I don't know anything about football".
  • Options
    uie2 said:

I think they were upset he didn't go to Newcastle :)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

He looked so calm and intelligent in pre-season. I really thought we had a player there. Seems like his head's just completely gone and he can't even do the basic things right anymore. It's disappointing but it's another symptom of our insane recruitment policy.

That's because the entire team was playing at half pace against Welling and the like. Now he's in the Championship, his pace hasn't adjusted whatsoever.

El-Hadji Ba is, simply put, rubbish at football. It's not his technique. It's not even his fitness. It's that he consistently, whenever presented with the ball, in whatever context, makes the single worst decision possible.

He takes time to pass it - way too much time - and his passes quite often are wayward attempted defence splitting through balls that I doubt the likes of Ozil, let alone El-Hadji Ba, could pull off on the reg.

He is TOO slow. Undoubtedly quite fit, but he NEVER EVER changes his pace. He ambles about as if on a nice Sunday stroll, no matter the context. Until he fucks up and loses possession, at which point he'll make a tackle worthy of a yellow card (how he wasn't sent off against Reading is beyond me), try and sprint to get it back and then more often than not compromise an already diabolical defence.

He adds NOTHING to this football team. One of the worst signings I've seen in recent memory. (Bear in mind that I'm 22, so Amdy Faye just about doesn't classify as recent memory...)

I won't be unhappy to see the back of him, if we ever do.

Edit for more things just in a list:

- No spatial or positional awareness - so many pantomime "he's behind you!" moments I can recall
    - Can't pass
    - Clumsy, makes Bambi on ice look like a Toyota Hilux
    - Really can't pass
    - Doesn't seem bothered mentally, and doesn't adjust physically when we're playing teams with certain physical attributes
    - Too ponderous on the ball: takes the sting out of any attack we have. Most of the moment dies with him.

Other than that he's ok!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    cafctom said:

Ba is the sort of player who some people try and big up now, but when the day actually comes that we get in a decent midfielder people will look back and say "actually yeah he was quite shit wasn't he?"

Bit like Semedo/Racon in that sense

Looking forward to setting up a second account on ChartltonLife called I_Saw_Ba_Score when he bags at the weekend. That'll shut you up...
  • Options
    Yes, Ba was awful but not as bad as Johnson!!
  • Options

lolwray said:

was being ironic...AF couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo let alone pass the ball 10 yards
  • Options

lolwray said:

lolwray said:

was being ironic...AF couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo let alone pass the ball 10 yards
    Mind you, in defence of Ba, it is quite difficult to hit a cow's arse with a banjo....

Take it from me, trying to sneak up behind a cow, while carrying a banjo (or even banjolele) is much less easy than you would imagine.
    You mean Igor Banjolele..... ?

Highly strung but great when he's on song.

• Options

lolwray said:

lolwray said:

Mind you, in defence of Ba, it is quite difficult to hit a cow's arse with a banjo....

Take it from me, trying to sneak up behind a cow, while carrying a banjo (or even banjolele) is much less easy than you would imagine. The cows don't react well to that particular image, quickly becoming very suspicious. Probably music critics.

If you're lucky, they'll only look at you like you're an unpleasant plucker......
    Spot on NIA, they hate Bluegrass.
  • Options

Not in squad today