Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Worse today, and in the words of Charlie Austin
    It’s a joke
  • M20 fucked this morning, broken down vehicle and as there is and will continue to be no hard shoulder this is what we have to look forward to now
  • It's crazy that a broken down vehicle can cause so much chaos. It happens so often that the so called Smart Motorway is likely to be disrupted a lot when it is finished.
  • Bloody M2!
  • M20 had another breakdown this morning, causing delays again.
  • Dartford shit today too. So frustrating
  • Chislehurst was fucked last night and still this morning. Burst waterpipe by the war memorial.
  • I live in Vigo, the main road, the A227 down the hill towards the M20 is closed (burst water main) its caused chaos, the only way out is through really tight country lanes, you can't get a mini bus down there, never mind a school bus, so a lot of kids didn't get to school.
    Night time was even worse with the A2 shutting at 8 pm and no access to the M20.
    Im lucky, I know the lanes and how to drive on them, but seeing as most people never go on them and most car drivers cant read the road, gridlock occurs when people back up in the passing places. It took my 90 mins for a 25 min drive.....anyway this morning some kind hearted soul has kicked down the road closed barriers so I went down Vigo hill, no work has been done, there was no hole in the road, nothing.....thanks for that Gravesham council...you bastards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

I live in Vigo, the main road, the A227 down the hill towards the M20 is closed (burst water main) its caused chaos, the only way out is through really tight country lanes, you can't get a mini bus down there, never mind a school bus, so a lot of kids didn't get to school.
    Night time was even worse with the A2 shutting at 8 pm and no access to the M20.
    Im lucky, I know the lanes and how to drive on them, but seeing as most people never go on them and most car drivers cant read the road, gridlock occurs when people back up in the passing places. It took my 90 mins for a 25 min drive.....anyway this morning some kind hearted soul has kicked down the road closed barriers so I went down Vigo hill, no work has been done, there was no hole in the road, nothing.....thanks for that Gravesham council...you bastards.

I went to Borough Green yesterday from Swanley & noticed the A227 diversion signs at the bottom of the A20 where you join/come off the M20. Any idea where the diversion takes you ?? I was assuming back towards West Kingsdown & then past the London Golf club & towards Gravesend that way.

• edited January 2019

Greenie said:

I live in Vigo, the main road, the A227 down the hill towards the M20 is closed (burst water main) its caused chaos, the only way out is through really tight country lanes, you can't get a mini bus down there, never mind a school bus, so a lot of kids didn't get to school.

I went to Borough Green yesterday from Swanley & noticed the A227 diversion signs at the bottom of the A20 where you join/come off the M20. Any idea where the diversion takes you ?? I was assuming back towards West Kingsdown & then past the London Golf club & towards Gravesend that way.

@golfaddick It takes you through the little village of Stanstead via The Hilltop and comes out at the top of Vigo hill.
  • Dartford bridge shut(wind), so no doubt Dartford will soon be at a standstill.
  • Can't really blame anyone for the bridge closure but it is still undeniably shit for anyone who lives or works in Dartford

• Did someone fart in the tunnel then ??

• Carter said:

Can't really blame anyone for the bridge closure but it is still undeniably shit for anyone who lives or works in Dartford

Have we finished paying for it yet?
  • Redrobo said:

Carter said:

Can't really blame anyone for the bridge closure but it is still undeniably shit for anyone who lives or works in Dartford

Have we finished paying for it yet?
    No, because when that happens it goes free.

Oh.......
  • Is it not a design flaw that the Dartford Bridge can't operate above 20mph winds?

Could they maybe invest somw of their squillions of pounds in so deflectors on the side of it to prevent thousands of people getting stuck in chaos!

Took me 1hr 40mins to do Snodland to Dartford. 17 miles. I know all the back roads and shortcuts too, others were not so fortunate

It's costing my company many thousands of pounds each year in wasted time
  • Kent's roads are a mess virtually every day.

M20 between Ashford and Maidstone London bound is about to get a whole lot worse as they install a central barrier. The hard shoulder and lane 1 will be one side of the barrier and lanes 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the barrier. What do you do if you break down on lanes 2 and 3? It sounds a recipe for disaster.
  • Sponsored links:

• It must be all the Eastern Europeans who mysteriously appear on the road near schools and offices at the same time all the commuters and parents on the school run are also trying to get about.

Funny old world.

• Fiiish said:

It must be all the Eastern Europeans who mysteriously appear on the road near schools and offices at the same time all the commuters and parents on the school run are also trying to get about.

Funny old world.

Fiiish is Fiiishing.
  • Kent's roads are a mess virtually every day.

M20 between Ashford and Maidstone London bound is about to get a whole lot worse as they install a central barrier. The hard shoulder and lane 1 will be one side of the barrier and lanes 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the barrier. What do you do if you break down on lanes 2 and 3? It sounds a recipe for disaster.

m20 J7 to J9 closed EVERY night for ONE MONTH while they install this . diversions going you know where..........
  • If I was allowed to, I would make a political comment about low taxes and poor political choices = shit infrastructure but I’m not so I’ll keep it fairly clean and blame everyone.

• If I was allowed to, I would make a political comment about low taxes and poor political choices = shit infrastructure but I’m not so I’ll keep it fairly clean and blame everyone.

Me neither...ahem...this.
  • I've got to get to Stock in Essex tomorrow......just hope the wind isn't up again otherwise I may have to cancel my meeting. Not going to sit for an hour or so just to get through one bore......and then do the same coming back a few hours later just because the bridge is closed. Anyone would have thought there was a hurrrican approaching....not just a bit breezy. 
  • Not going to sit for an hour or so just to get through one bore......
    You really need to start giving your clients a little more respect Golfie.
  • Kent's roads are a mess virtually every day. M20 between Ashford and Maidstone London bound is about to get a whole lot worse as they install a central barrier. The hard shoulder and lane 1 will be one side of the barrier and lanes 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the barrier. What do you do if you break down on lanes 2 and 3? It sounds a recipe for disaster.
    m20 J7 to J9 closed EVERY night for ONE MONTH while they install this . diversions going you know where..........
    With  some despair I saw this last night, having had 4 consecutive weekend closures finishing last Sunday, I was hoping that things would be improving, then 72 hours later this gets announced.!  The wife and I start looking after the grandkids from May, a day each one in Bexley village and another in Meopham Green, I think there is a barrier being installed this weekend with 50 mph outside Maidstone. We normally  go M20 via crittals corner to  Bexley, and  up the A2 and down to Meopham, with the alternative via Swanley village, Istead rise if the A2 is screwed, did a few runs  a week or so ago, but  not too keen on those dark, winter roads with  a little one in the back. Apparently this is due to   a 'possible hard brexit ?'. 30 months of planning,and this is the result........  see: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-47149029
  • Kent's roads are a mess virtually every day. M20 between Ashford and Maidstone London bound is about to get a whole lot worse as they install a central barrier. The hard shoulder and lane 1 will be one side of the barrier and lanes 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the barrier. What do you do if you break down on lanes 2 and 3? It sounds a recipe for disaster.

And it probably will be. I was one of the poor sods caught on the M25 for three hours the other Sunday-bloody awful.
    With  some despair I saw this last night, having had 4 consecutive weekend closures finishing last Sunday, I was hoping that things would be improving, then 72 hours later this gets announced.!  The wife and I start looking after the grandkids from May, a day each one in Bexley village and another in Meopham Green, I think there is a barrier being installed this weekend with 50 mph outside Maidstone. We normally  go M20 via crittals corner to  Bexley, and  up the A2 and down to Meopham, with the alternative via Swanley village, Istead rise if the A2 is screwed, did a few runs  a week or so ago, but  not too keen on those dark, winter roads with  a little one in the back. Apparently this is due to   a 'possible hard brexit ?'. 30 months of planning,and this is the result........  see: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-47149029