Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Reza Back?

Comments

• Options
    Reza is the big signing. Sealed a new 5 year deal
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Tbf if he had issues settling in last summer and wanted a loan away I don't blame him.. I think we do underestimate how hard it can be for footballers to settles in to completely new environments.

There's a good player in the somewhere.. Hopefully we'll see it.

"Completely new" ? He comes from Holland not Haiti !
    se9addick said:

Tbf if he had issues settling in last summer and wanted a loan away I don't blame him.. I think we do underestimate how hard it can be for footballers to settles in to completely new environments.

There's a good player in the somewhere.. Hopefully we'll see it.

"Completely new" ? He comes from Holland not Haiti !
    So that's means he should settle in straight away.. Don't be silly.
  • Options
    Would rather have Tucadean back, However Reza needs to improve a hell of a
    Iot on his last showing if he wants a place in the first team squad. Got to make his second chance count very quickly.

Lack of funds for another striker, or is Luzon's budget tied up with other players in more pressing positions (Centre Half)
  • Options
    How many times was he played in the same position that he excelled in at the World Cup? No I don't think he will be starting games on a regular basis but your points don't paint the whole picture.
  • Options

#TeamGeorge
  • Options
    Reza will certainly add something different.
  • Options
    How many games did he play / start for us for everyone to think he is so crap ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

How many games did he play / start for us for everyone to think he is so crap ?

Enough?
  • Options
    17 appearances, 10 of which were in the starting eleven. One goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy to give him another chance. Who knows, we might see the Reza that played against Argentina in the World Cup. If his mind is right, there is clearly a player in there.

Be interesting to see him up top with a target man to play off. If him coming back means saving a fee and thus having the funds to offer JBG and Jordan Cousins the wages they want to stay, then its ok by me.

• Options
    Sod it, if he's there he's there. We'll use him
  • Options
    Good God it's bad times at Charlton when having thought he was absolutely awful previously, I am actually happy to have him back in our current situation. I think Vetokele is massively over rated and watt is only good because of the other options, rotating the strike force we have regularly might give us a pairing that works, or might end in us getting relegated who knows.

Either way I think we are going to need to keep all of our optons open in attack more than anywhere else on the field.
  • Options
    First thing is to suss out an actual position, stay upright, stop telling everybody else how to play, stop pointing all the time, and score a goal every two games.
    If that happens I reckon we can arrange for 'Reza' to be tattooed on Greenie Juniors arse.
  • Options
    Maybe he left something in his locker and was asked to come back and clean it out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ffs I hope not

Careful now with your negativity mate, your old man will be checking your bed sheets for leakage and your head for air :-)

Aah! the good old days!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

First thing is to suss out an actual position, stay upright, stop telling everybody else how to play, stop pointing all the time, and score a goal every two games.
    If that happens I reckon we can arrange for 'Reza' to be tattooed on Greenie Juniors arse.

But it would spell ReOza if he bent over!
  • Options
    In other news, Cory Gibbs was spotted at the training ground today.
  • Options
    Don't think he was given a chance I am hoping he gets a clean slate and can show us some of what was on display at the World Cup
  • Options

Don't think he was given a chance I am hoping he gets a clean slate and can show us some of what was on display at the World Cup

Don't think it was a case of not being given a chance, I think it was more the case of a couple of big centre half digs in the back, and a few extravagant dives getting naff all from refs, and he quickly decided he was better off playing his football elsewhere. Anywhere.
    That and he sometimes looked like he wanted to avoid injury with the World Cup coming up.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Don't think it was a case of not being given a chance, I think it was more the case of a couple of big centre half digs in the back, and a few extravagant dives getting naff all from refs, and he quickly decided he was better off playing his football elsewhere. Anywhere.
    That and he sometimes looked like he wanted to avoid injury with the World Cup coming up.

Not acceptable but totally understandable
  • Options

Total lightweight who isn't interested in competing for a place. More than happy to play in the iranorama conference league than become a better player.

Besides the bloke has never had a good game for Charlton. Church and Gorgeous George had, yet got slated.

In the words of Louis Mendez, draw the curtains and don't make a sound. Maybe he won't realise anybody is in.

Totally disagree. Saw him come on against Wigan and he made a massive impact. Rocked the crossbar with a shot out of nothing and I thought he would be shit hot. I was thinking we had a legend on our hands. But perhaps he's just that - an impact player who's good for the last 20 or 25 mins. Reza won't like that though. If he comes back into the squad he could definitely do a job and I think Guy could manage him better and play to his strengths.