Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Reza Back?

Comments

• Options
    If thats the case then stick PP in the friendly against Dagenham

He may do really well and we can then maybe offer him to a League One / Two club on a season long loan (it may even be the making of his career in England)
  • Options

So that's understandable yet your allegations re Yann are not...

Yann who ? You need to get over him

I never alleged I spoke the truth

And I never said that his action wasn't understandable, I said it was unacceptable
    Same as here ,
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Reza came into a side low on confidence and ability, on an awful pitch. He knew all he needed to do to get into the Iran WC squad was play a few games and stay fit - the same as Bulot for the Africa Cup squad.

Neither player looked particularly good in the lead up to their respective tournaments (admidttedly Reza had more game time). Both players were loanees who cared more about their chances on the international stage than their adopted teams.

The difference with Bulot is we saw him after the tournament and he looked a different player, one who didn't shy away from challenges. I'm not saying Reza would be the same because I honestly don't know, but he didn't shy away in Brazil.

IF he comes back I hope he gets given a fair chance, but looking at some of the posts here unfortunately I don't think he will

Reza didn't want to play for us and he clearly isn't that aspirational if playing in Kuwait was the sum of his ambition. If he comes back and plays well, I'll be delighted . I won't be holding my breath, however
  • Options
    In some ways I'm more bothered that PP has apparently been returned by STVV. That really doesn't say anything good about his abilities, despite being a regular in the title-winning side. There was that rather worrying situation where they stuttered in the run-in, then dropped him and they got back on track.
  • Options
    The new Ali Daei is back in London!!!! Can't wait for this season now.
  • Options
    Personally I'd rather have Kag or even church or tucudean as fourth choice! If they want to be here and are gonna put a shift in when called on that's all you need from a fourth striker, someone to give it their all on the odd occasion... not someone who doesn't want to be here is lightweight and scared of a tackle!

I'd rather we lost him for good and freed up the wages...
  • Options
    It's easy to tell who was at the games like Wigan away with their comments on Reza. There is a player in there, not saying im over the moon about him coming back but I do think this is easily the best striker selection we've had since our return to the Champ
  • Options
    Already been blown over by a gust of wind.
  • Options
    Just as some of us Charlton fans are too critical on some players (Fox comes to mind), some can be overly nice on players who are just not very good. I'm sorry but i'm not having this 'there's a player in there' rubbish. He was crap when he played for us and certainly not suited to championship football. Let KAG grow and use him as our 4th striker, with good management he could suprise many this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is possible that the experience may make Reza more ready for the Championship if given a second chance.
  • Options
    He knew how to strike a ball. I remember that awful Cup 5th round against the Blades when we hadn't had a shot all game till he came on, immediately looked dangerous and hit the woodwork. He was always prepared to have a go at goal.
  • Options

I guess that he is here because there is nowhere else to put him (or PP).

They are our players and so they'll train with us until we offload them on loan or for a low loss making fee.

My concern is that RD may tell GL that he can't have Cellebos or another striker as he has Reza and that KM won't be able to sign other players GL wants while RG and PP are on the wage bill.

Still think we'll sign players soon (couple were at the Valley yesterday) but we're still paying for these expensive mistakes 18 months on and that can only be a negative.

Only a couple?

• Options

It is possible that the experience may make Reza more ready for the Championship if given a second chance.

Yes, I am sure bathing in cash in Kuwait has done wonders for his suitability to play in the English 2nd tier
  • Options

He's more pony than Red Rum

Not difficult, seeing as Red Rum was a horse, not a pony.
  • Options
    Personally i'd try and flog Reza, give Kag a go as 4th choice , and invest in the team elsewhere , ie a new contract for Jordan Cousins.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

In all seriousness if he wants to be here, under new management, style of football and pitch, I think he's a lot better option than KAG.

I agree entirely, KAG is yet to prove he can step up (hasn't really shown anything brilliant yet) and Reza spent a good number of games at RM in his last season playing for us...

I'd like them both to do well.
  • Options
    Bulot ducked out of challenges and was poor until the ACN was over then came back reformed.

Reza ducked out of challenges and was poor until the World cup where he did well enough. Then was never really given an opportunity to return.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Bulot ducked out of challenges and was poor until the ACN was over then came back reformed.

Reza ducked out of challenges and was poor until the World cup where he did well enough. Then was never really given an opportunity to return.

Using that logic, it is a pity that Wales weren't in the World Cup (or even the ACN) :-)
  • Options
    I don't think Reza will play for us again.
  • Options

Still think we'll sign players soon (couple were at the Valley yesterday) but we're still paying for these expensive mistakes 18 months on and that can only be a negative.

tease ;-)

• Options
    Reza's ability is something a lot of our fans overlooked when he was with us as his attitude was clearly not good enough.

However, if you put his stinking attitude to one side, then there is a player there with a decent touch(showed that on a terrible pitch), who isn't afraid to run at players with the ball, admittedly terrible in the air, but will have a shot, and can offer us a lot as long as he wants it enough.

Over to you Mr.Luzon.
  • Options
    I think he's a lot better option than KAG.

I have to say that in my opinion this is an awful comment which achieves nothing. Karlan has great potential, and deserves our full support and will get it from thinking people. I will also be supporting Reza who now hopefully has a chance to show us what he is worth.
  • Options
    Didn't think he got a fair crack of the whip before and was played out of position. Happy to give Reza another chance
  • Options
    Are we all being nice because of the JBG news? It's certainly lifted the atmosphere a bit.
  • Options
    Must admit i thought (and still do a little) that pp and reza coming back were windups

If true there will be either a network or football reason for both. They may make decent enough squad players.

We still need some width, central defence and keeper?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Are we all being nice because of the JBG news? It's certainly lifted the atmosphere a bit.

I think so. If I'd learnt today that Reza is back but JBG is off, I'd be seething. If Reza is back as part of a squad that JBG thinks is serious, I feel OK giving Reza another chance.

But I'm not expecting anything.

• Options

#favouriterezamoments

Reza missing an open goal and having Jackson bail him out.

Reza scoring 1 goal in 15 games.

Reza scoring one wonderstrike away at Leeds and cupping his ears as if to say "look how good I am!"

How do I LOL my own post?

He cupped his ears to tell the supporters he wanted to hear them more. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever