Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Reza Back?

Comments

• Options

Personally i'd try and flog Cousins, give Reza a go as 4th choice , and invest in the team elsewhere , ie a new contract for Piotr.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Personally i'd try and flog Cousins, give Reza a go as 4th choice , and invest in the team elsewhere , ie a new contract for Piotr.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Reza on his way to Manchester according to his twitter : - )

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options

Good
  • Options
    Think its a bit strange. Why is he indicating that he is happy here when just one year ago he wasn't? What has changed?

My expectation was that he would just come back, keep very quiet and then be sold.
  • Options
    ShootersHillGuru is the man. He is not a Guru for no reason, he is Reza's spiritual adviser, and he has advised Reza to do a job for us.
    Reza will do that job, and it will be totally down to SHG.

On a decent playing surface, in the games in the warmer weather, Reza will score one in four or one in five if he stays on his feet and stops pointing.

Reza is our World Cup hero.
  • Options
    Well Luzon does have a habit of putting personal issues / differences with players behind him.

We saw when he joined that Yoni Buyens hit a poor run of form and his effort on the pitch visibly dropped... He then admitted that he had a chat with Luzon, the two cleared the air and Buyens ended the season really well... Maybe the same has happened with Reza, the two have had a talk and settled any problems (Could even be as simple as Reza not wanting to be in the same side as Tal)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Anyone see who left Sparrows Lane this morning on the team coach...I'm trying to find out if we have sent the first team squad to Bolton, that way I can decide if I'm going to stay in tomorrow night and do the match thread as a opportunity to practice the new names?
  • Options

Anyone see who left Sparrows Lane this morning on the team coach...I'm trying to find out if we have sent the first team squad to Bolton, that way I can decide if I'm going to stay in tomorrow night and do the match thread as a opportunity to practice the new names?

Its now or never in terms of the remaining friendlies, so I would say its almost certain to be the full first choice team plus new signings.

Reza is clearly first team material now. ;)
  • Options
    Has to be the first team as Luzon said this is the game to prepare the team for qpr
  • Options
    GL said only Wiggins and Vetokele not available, so assuming all the others are. He also said Sarr should appear sometime during the Bolton game, as he was the last signing, we must assume that all the other signings should be playing.
  • Options
    On a side note after my defence of Reza does anyone find it slightly strange why he seems so happy/motivated to be back?

Is it Guy's influence? The influx of foreign signings? Perhaps we have changed our goals to try and get promotion? Is he looking for a move elsewhere and wants to seem like a good team player?
  • Options

If Reza is fully committed to the cause, and wants to be here, I personally believe we have a very good player on our hands.

If you watched any of his performances in the World Cup, then you will know what a decent player a motivated Reza is.

Fuck what went on before (and I personally don't think he was actually that bad), let's give him a chance.

I tend to agree with all of this except I think Reza was indeed 'that bad' when he played for us before.

I hope he is reconfigured.
  • Options
    Maybe the Iran Manager has said that he wants him playing at the highest level and does think that playing outside of Europe is helping either Reza or Iran.

After all they only managed a draw against Turkmenistan in their first 2018 Qualifier
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On a side note after my defence of Reza does anyone find it slightly strange why he seems so happy/motivated to be back?

Is it Guy's influence? The influx of foreign signings? Perhaps we have changed our goals to try and get promotion? Is he looking for a move elsewhere and wants to seem like a good team player?

What other option has he got?

He sulked last time and that didn't work out as he didn't get a big move after a good world cup.

He's spent a season in a two bob league earning good money but that's not going to improve his reputation or get him a move to a big European side.

No one else wants him (not at the wages he's on with us anyway ) so he's making the most of it. We hope.

Lets wait until we see him actually play a few games (if he ever does) before we decide how much he actually wants it or if he is actually a good fit for a middling Championship side.

I'm not holding my breath
  • Options

Maybe the Iran Manager has said that he wants him playing at the highest level and does think that playing outside of Europe is helping either Reza or Iran.

After all they only managed a draw against Turkmenistan in their first 2018 Qualifier

Hit the spot there, ( sweet) FA.

That's why he's on his way to sign for City.

:smile:

• Options
    Another reason could be our options at RM / LM at present... Reza can play on the wing and especially with Johann being our only option on the Right it would be mad to ship him out
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    If Igor is injured, I'd not be unhappy to see him on the bench for QPR, though not ahead of KAG. Likewise a League Cup outing. then we'll take it from there. Like others here, i wouldn't write him off yet, especially if Guy is seeing some promise in training.

For those who think theyve seen enough already to make up their minds, let's remember that Arsenal fans would've had said the same about Coquelin last year as he boarded the train from New Eltham back to the Holloway Road.
  • Options
    Let's also take into account that Bob was not the best man manager. Vetokele injury puts another slant on things, could we get a Prem loan that is better?
  • Options

He's signing for City to replace Dzeko. Undisclosed fee
  • Options
    Boltons in Greater Manchester..

(Is it?)
  • Options
    It's a long shot, but if the guy who played in the world cup could show up with different players around him who knows, stranger things have happened.
    The Bolton game could just be his reintegration moment.
    He must try to mix with the other players.
    If only there was someone else in the squad who plays the fiddle ?
  • Options
    He's a good player. Give him a proper chance in his proper position.