Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Reza Back?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmn.
    I believe he was errrm 'working' with Guy Luzon at Liege just befor he moved here. Might mean something or nothing, but presumably Guy was able to accept him being ripped away from his club at the time.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Hmmmn.
    I believe he was errrm 'working' with Guy Luzon at Liege just befor he moved here. Might mean something or nothing, but presumably Guy was able to accept him being ripped away from his club at the time.

Hmmmm. Think Guy had an abundance of riches at SL compared to us.
  • Options

So that's understandable yet your allegations re Yann are not...

Was Yann keeping himself ready for Italian '90 ?
  • Options

In all seriousness if he wants to be here, under new management, style of football and pitch, I think he's a lot better option than KAG.

I left my girlfriend saying I didn't want to be with her, I left her.. she got a boob job and a nicer haircut. I expect she will welcome me back with open arms....
  • Options
    Greenie said:

In all seriousness if he wants to be here, under new management, style of football and pitch, I think he's a lot better option than KAG.

Absolutely this, Reza is a good player in the right team. He will give us options playing alongside Makienok.
    If Luzon wants him I'm happy with that.
    Who said Luzon wants him, I hope like others, if he is staying he plays well, but it could be that no one wants him so RD has told him he has to return to us, unless he gets any other offers
  • Options
    I'd have him back. Remember watching him warm up alongside Church and Sordell at the Amex.
    Looked a fair few steps above those two jokers.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Greenie said:

Absolutely this, Reza is a good player in the right team. He will give us options playing alongside Makienok.
    If Luzon wants him I'm happy with that.
    Who said Luzon wants him, I hope like others, if he is staying he plays well, but it could be that no one wants him so RD has told him he has to return to us, unless he gets any other offers
    I did......it's right there in bold....just after the word Makienok!
  • Options
    All about attitude, he's stank last time around. Will have to let Luzon decide if he's worth another look.
  • Options
    I liked his goal against leeds but thought he looked a bit light weight in the championship...Everyone deserves a second chance though if they come back in. Clean slate and that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I left my girlfriend saying I didn't want to be with her, I left her.. she got a boob job and a nicer haircut. I expect she will welcome me back with open arms....
    If your bird is already paying you to be with her, then I'm sure she will
  • Options
  • Options
    He won't be a prolific goalscorer but he does have an OK touch and some pace.

Church and George had neither of those, unless we're just having a selective memory based on one or two goals which it seems some have.

Would feel fine about him being a 4th choice.
  • Options
    I think that Reza will have a part to play this season. Didn't Big Bob play him out on the wing last season which is not his preferred position?

Welcome back.
  • Options
    I want to see him at Bolton at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Really quite surprised how many are ready to give him another try.

He was utter cack here in most games. But more worryingly, the view of him at Standard was exactly the same.

But what I'm most of all interested in is what @colin1961 will say when his solemn announcement of the signing of a striker this week is revealed to be Reza.
  • Options
    The key question may be will he make a difference, or will playing him feel like we're fielding 10 men?
  • Options

Really quite surprised how many are ready to give him another try.

He was utter cack here in most games. But more worryingly, the view of him at Standard was exactly the same.

But what I'm most of all interested in is what @colin1961 will say when his solemn announcement of the signing of a striker this week is revealed to be Reza.

The big difference here is that when we had him before he was the great hope, the striker we needed to rescue us from the drop ahead of Church, Sordell and Polish Pete post-Yann. This season he would be fourth choice, possibly even fifth if Luzon decides he fancies KAG. Him not being able to run a game matters less when he's only getting on the pitch in an injury crisis or as a late sub to run at defences
  • Options
    Dont recall him playing for Bob..

Anyroad, I am split on him. Perhaps he'll do well on a decent pitch, and maybe with some new players around him, especially a big forward.

Not sure this isn't all a wind-up tho
  • Options
    razil said:

Anyroad, I am split on him. Perhaps he'll do well on a decent pitch, and maybe with some new players around him, especially a big forward.

He didn't play at all last season. He played for Zippos Circus in the UAE
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is obviously a skilled player in the right league but I never really thought much of him overall, mainly because I didn't like his attitude. Maybe the fact that the OP couldn't find a picture where Reza isn't being pushed off the ball says a lot?
  • Options

razil said:

He didn't play at all last season. He played for Zippos Circus in the UAE
    Circus? I know he was pony bitbut idn't think he was that much of a clown!!

Although some of his dives were quite acrobatic!!

My coat is well and truly gotten!
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

He is obviously a skilled player in the right league but I never really thought much of him overall, mainly because I didn't like his attitude. Maybe the fact that the OP couldn't find a picture where Reza isn't being pushed off the ball says a lot?

The op was taken from Reza on twitter, its the pic Reza used himself
  • Options
    Greenie said:

seth plum said:

First thing is to suss out an actual position, stay upright, stop telling everybody else how to play, stop pointing all the time, and score a goal every two games.
    If that happens I reckon we can arrange for 'Reza' to be tattooed on Greenie Juniors arse.

But it would spell ReOza if he bent over!
    Jeez, exactly how big is his arse? Unless you're related to the Kardashians, it must be getting difficult to find any spare space by now!
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Reza came into a side low on confidence and ability, on an awful pitch. He knew all he needed to do to get into the Iran WC squad was play a few games and stay fit - the same as Bulot for the Africa Cup squad.

Neither player looked particularly good in the lead up to their respective tournaments (admidttedly Reza had more game time). Both players were loanees who cared more about their chances on the international stage than their adopted teams.

The difference with Bulot is we saw him after the tournament and he looked a different player, one who didn't shy away from challenges. I'm not saying Reza would be the same because I honestly don't know, but he didn't shy away in Brazil.

IF he comes back I hope he gets given a fair chance, but looking at some of the posts here unfortunately I don't think he will

Not Reza.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Chrispy51 said:

Reza came into a side low on confidence and ability, on an awful pitch. He knew all he needed to do to get into the Iran WC squad was play a few games and stay fit - the same as Bulot for the Africa Cup squad.

Neither player looked particularly good in the lead up to their respective tournaments (admidttedly Reza had more game time). Both players were loanees who cared more about their chances on the international stage than their adopted teams.

The difference with Bulot is we saw him after the tournament and he looked a different player, one who didn't shy away from challenges. I'm not saying Reza would be the same because I honestly don't know, but he didn't shy away in Brazil.

IF he comes back I hope he gets given a fair chance, but looking at some of the posts here unfortunately I don't think he will

Not Reza.
    Ok, yes you are right but the rest of the post still stands
  • Options
    If Luzon wanted him in the squad surely he would have involved him in pre-season before now ?

Either way, if we're paying his wages and he impresses Luzon in training then I'm happy to see him included, but right now he's behind KAG in the pecking order for me.