Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Reza Back?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    The role I saw Reza play in the World Cup suggests to me that if he is used, it will be if there is a problem with Mackienok.
    I know Iran had to make a little go along way, but Reza was the outlet, and the Fulham bloke supported where he could.
    Reza was not used in that manner when at Charlton previously, he was kind of up front, kind of right midfield, kind of wide right, kind of on the deck...very much a poor mans Robert Lee positionally, and of course Lee stayed upright and scored goals.
    On the basis of what I have written well I don't really know what Reza's best position is, but the best I've seen of him was as a lone front runner/target man for Iran. Even then he did enjoy drawing a foul and going down a fair bit.
    I don't see Reza as a replacement for Igor. I want to see a fit and positive Igor play.
  • Options
    agim said:

Any idea how long Moussa is out for?

Who?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    agim said:

Any idea how long Moussa is out for?

Not sure but heard the coaches are whipping him into shape as we speak....

(" And some fell on stony ground...")

:blush:
  • Options

I watched all of Reza's games here in Oz in the Asian Cup.

He is very much a 'touch' player, he's not fast or strong, but does have good close control and his best asset is his eye for goal - scored a couple of scrappy goals in the tournament.

He is not going to hold it up or run the channels so you really need to let him stay central - and be in the box as much as possible.

If we are paying his wages then surely he's worth another look?

The reason we won't finish in the top six is because we have no one to score the
    scrappy goal or tap in.
    Big Mak will be a decent target man, but will be amazed if he reaches double figures, Magic feet Tony will score some worldy but miss some easy chances,
    KAG is starting to look the part but may still be a season too early.
    Igor injury issue means he never seem too be fully fit and hasn't the confidence of early last season.
    Can Pigott do the business at champ level ? looking unlikely.
    Let Reza know that it last chance saloon time, Teams weren't queuing up to buy him after the WC, we have a more balanced squad now and a better home pitch to play on.
    You may only be 4th or 5th striker but grab your chance or else go to pastures new.

Agree with the above, unfortunately can't see 'us' buying another striker before the deadline....though we could do with one.
  • Options
    I'm thinking we're struggling to offload him so explains why he is back.

So if we are looking to sell, I reckon we might be seeing a bit of him coming off the bench. He could surprise us and show his World Cup form and get a few goals.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Dazzler21 said:

rikofold said:

Reza hasn't exactly earned a second chance. He strutted about the pitch as if it belonged to him when he joined us, lacked any kind of team or work ethic, and then jumped ship at the first opportunity. I'm unconvinced by the player, but even less so by the character. I wouldn't be unhappy if we never saw him again.

Nice to know you've been at training watching him not working his ass off and not training extra on his own to ensure he is earning another shot.
    Forgive me for having an opinion on a player who in the first team - which is where it matters - has hardly set the world alight or ever looked like he wanted to. Until he shows it on the pitch, I couldn't care less if he's the best trainer in the world. Kim Grant used to look like John Salako in training, according to Curbs, but he looked like John Inman on the pitch.

I would doubt there's a pro footballer in the country who isn't working his ass off pre-season, but each will have a different motivation. Or are you telling me that you know for a fact what Reza's thinking and that his motivation is to do the best for the club and the fans and not to be ready for another move?

There's no 20 goal striker in there at this level. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he never played in our first team again.
    Oh I know because despite my profile picture.....

I am your Reza luke

:heart:
  • Options
    As Igor is crocked we need the option don't we?
  • Options
    For Igor I would have KAG, unless Reza has a playing style heretofore concealed from us.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Putting in the hard work at the gym...

9,950 likes
    6h rezagucci_official
    Recovery bad az mosabeghe. #preseason #gym #benchpress105kg #newPR

• Options
    edited August 2015
    they're definitely not 20kg plates, must be crossfit plates,

Also that's more a tricep bench press than a chest press, needs a wider grip.

If 105kg is true it's still impressive :heart: Reza
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't reach the middle of my back, but I shave the rest.
  • Options
    Couldn't care less if he's back or not from what I have seen so far he's pants. Happy to be proved wrong mind you