Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

Comments

• Options
    Reminded me of when I first saw Izale McLeod for us. Just got that impression early on that he lacked the awareness to play in the Championship.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Whoever signs these players needs sacking. Whatever happened to that bloke Powell who built a title winning side when trusted to sign his own players?

Then took us bottom of the championship heading fast to div one ...
    Oh have a day off Colin.

1. With games in hand while selling off half his squad and being forced out
    2. Did you forget the season inbetween when we finished 3 points off the playoffs you troll.
    Games in hand playing bloody awful football ,,, forced out the only reason he was not sacked before Xmas because slater and TJ were selling the club and did not have the balls to do it do left it for someone else to take the flak

We only had a good last quarter of that season was because he was told to play 442 and play Obika by Slater and TJ because they knew they could not sell the club if we went down .....
    Oh thanks. That's cleared that up then.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

it is the gift that keeps giving! how can people still sit and say that Rolland and Katrien is a great thing for the club!

I don't think anyone is saying that anymore mate !
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Whoever signs these players needs sacking. Whatever happened to that bloke Powell who built a title winning side when trusted to sign his own players?

As oppose to...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back on topic, the question I would have asked if I was at THAT meeting is why we have Caledonian Ale, er

Who is responsible for our signings? You can see this elsewhere, where clubs have some faceless team who are responsible for signings, and take no responsibility if they are rubbish.

You can keep changing the head coach, but if the players he is given are unsuitable for English football then he will struggle.
  • Options

Back on topic, the question I would have asked if I was at THAT meeting is why we have Caledonian Ale, er

Who is responsible for our signings? You can see this elsewhere, where clubs have some faceless team who are responsible for signings, and take no responsibility if they are rubbish.

You can keep changing the head coach, but if the players he is given are unsuitable for English football then he will struggle.

KM handles all negotiations so will be dealing with purchase price and wages. I'm not saying she lack experience in these negotiations and will overpay or anything but she will.

Who finds these gems is another story.
  • Options
    Finest player in a Charlton shirt, he didn't know if he was a left back or left winger <3
  • Options

One thing I like about these owners...

If a player is rubbish, they don't last long... Sends a good message to anyone else who wants to simply pick up their wages

Although that Johnny Robinson would have been out the door pretty quickly. Sweaty would have been gone after 2 own goals in his first 3 games, Luke Young didn't have the best of starts, and as for Carl Leaburn...

No feel for the game, this lot.

That's not to say that I think Bergdich is the future - I don't think he should have been signed in the first place.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

2 years on five managers/coaches later, were are we now? have a couple of wins in the cup we will have games in hand sitting at the bottom of the league.
    Anyway lets get back to the subject og the thread.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Oh have a day off Colin.

1. With games in hand while selling off half his squad and being forced out
    2. Did you forget the season inbetween when we finished 3 points off the playoffs you troll.
    Games in hand playing bloody awful football ,,, forced out the only reason he was not sacked before Xmas because slater and TJ were selling the club and did not have the balls to do it do left it for someone else to take the flak

We only had a good last quarter of that season was because he was told to play 442 and play Obika by Slater and TJ because they knew they could not sell the club if we went down .....
    Well this is a classic. So presumably they'd have been delighted to be relegated if only they were keeping the club?

Still, Powell's 9th place pales into insignificance when compared to the achievements of Bob "Fourth best Charlton manager ever" Peeters, eh Colin...
  • Options

One thing I like about these owners...

If a player is rubbish, they don't last long... Sends a good message to anyone else who wants to simply pick up their wages

Have you seen half the players in our team!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Finest player in a Charlton shirt, he didn't know if he was a left back or left winger <3</p>

Now he knows he's left back in the dressing room.

• Options
    His agent is up there with Izale mcloud's. How the feck did he wangle a 4 year contract?!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Knob off
  • Options

We need battle hardened performers.

You make an interesting point about needing battle hardened players and I tend to agree but for every Alan Kernaghan there's been a Graham Murty. For every Chris Whyte there's been a Nigel Gray (I'm being a bit flippant there....I never actually saw him play for Charlton but I'm told he wasn't very good!)

I agree that a battle hardened player does sound like an attractive option but does battle-hardened sometimes mean you get a player who is so unfortunate/bad that they've regularly been involved in relegation scraps?

I think you are saying that a player is more likely to do us a solid job if he's been through the mill a bit. Again, you're probably right but one of the best players (in my time) brought in to rescue a desperate situation was an 18 year old centre-back that had never played a first team game...Alan McDonald. You just can't tell sometimes.