Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

Comments

• surely there comes a time Roland When the penny must drop that whoever is recommending these players is as out of there depth as the great Miere.

I tell you what Roland I have a idea for you, why dont you let a manager come in who knows the league and let them have a say on players, I think maybe just maybe you might have saved yourself a bit of dollar.

Assuming Roland pays the slightest bit of attention to what's going on here.
  • I've said it before, If I was Duchatelet I'd be grilling the geniuses who keep recruiting substandard players. It's costing him a lot more than free coffee in Crossbars which Katrien pinpointed as one of the drains on resources.

I was lead to believe that the head of recruitment was Karel Fraeye.
    Henry, yet again you repeat the claim that Karel Fraeye you "believe" was head of recruitment. In another post ( http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2306364/#Comment_2306364) you said that this was a 'fact' but you never replied, so here is your opportunity to do so (with respect).
    I believe this not to be true and I do not think that it helps to spread unsubstantiated 'facts' which may result in the growing not very pleasant atmosphere at the valley deteriating further when the team needs more support rather than less or muted support.
    That's your right.

I believe he was the person responsible for scouting the Charlton team on behalf of RD before Chris Powell had left, was the person who said that Polish Pete was more than adequate replacement for Yann and who remained the head of the data analysis recruitment team all through the time Roland has owned the club.

I have been told this by multiple sources, his statements to fans and his continued employment by the network back this up.

You can choose not to believe me or you may wish to draw a different conclusion. I stick with my belief that that was, and possibly still is, his role.
    I see, lets not the facts get in the way of the narrative eh Henry.
    " I have evidence but I would hope that you take it in good faith. Regards!" Desperate Pete 30 November - Charlton Life

Seems you suffer from a bit of a double standard there my friend.
  • be grateful if you could indulge what do you believe the facts @Desperate_Pete ?

Sorry but I do not think you have understood the posts. Firstly Henry writes about 'facts' that he cannot back up although he now says 'I believe' which is an improvement of sorts. Well I 'believe' that Henry has got his 'facts' or 'beliefs' wrong and I do not think that this is helpful in the present situation.
    I was going to suggest to him before your contribution that he went to the training ground and asked KF directly as he is a friendly guy and Henry does not need to be afraid of what he may hear.
    I am not anti Henry and I do not post too often but only when I hear such nonsense which I know to be 'fanciful' and which, in my opinion, is harmful to my club.
    For the record I do not know the persons who have been recruiting in the past months but I know that it is not KF who is very keen to get Yann back.
  • I've said it before, If I was Duchatelet I'd be grilling the geniuses who keep recruiting substandard players. It's costing him a lot more than free coffee in Crossbars which Katrien pinpointed as one of the drains on resources.

Henry, yet again you repeat the claim that Karel Fraeye you "believe" was head of recruitment. In another post ( http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2306364/#Comment_2306364) you said that this was a 'fact' but you never replied, so here is your opportunity to do so (with respect).
    I believe this not to be true and I do not think that it helps to spread unsubstantiated 'facts' which may result in the growing not very pleasant atmosphere at the valley deteriating further when the team needs more support rather than less or muted support.
    That's your right.

I believe he was the person responsible for scouting the Charlton team on behalf of RD before Chris Powell had left, was the person who said that Polish Pete was more than adequate replacement for Yann and who remained the head of the data analysis recruitment team all through the time Roland has owned the club.

I have been told this by multiple sources, his statements to fans and his continued employment by the network back this up.

You can choose not to believe me or you may wish to draw a different conclusion. I stick with my belief that that was, and possibly still is, his role.
    " I have evidence but I would hope that you take it in good faith. Regards!" Desperate Pete 30 November - Charlton Life

Oh dear....... I think that you should learn the difference between facts and beliefs Henry.
    Anyway, hope we can stop here but I fear that we both like to have the last word!

That's your right.

Oh dear....... I think that you should learn the difference between facts and beliefs Henry.
    Anyway, hope we can stop here but I fear that we both like to have the last word!
    How dare you accuse Henry of that Sir !!

• Scoham said:

Reminded me of when I first saw Izale McLeod for us. Just got that impression early on that he lacked the awareness to play in the Championship.

I'll put it slightly less diplomatically than you Scoham. He looked shit the first time I saw him play and shit on each subsequent occasion.

You shouldn't judge a player on one appearance, but sometimes it's hard not to. Bergdich never looked good enough, even when doing to stuff he was supposed to be good at. I have the same nervous feelings about Sarr but I hope he proves me wrong.
  • edited December 2015

I've said it before, If I was Duchatelet I'd be grilling the geniuses who keep recruiting substandard players. It's costing him a lot more than free coffee in Crossbars which Katrien pinpointed as one of the drains on resources.

That's your right.

Personally I think the unpleasant atmosphere at The Valley is down to our owners and the amount of ridiculous decisions they've made (including letting KF head up recruitment - which I believe to be true). I see where you are coming from desperate pete in that yes we should make all our judgments based on facts, but given this regime I don't think they've made many decisions on 'facts', rather uneducated stabs in the dark.

I reckon HI is right on this one
  • edited December 2015

I've said it before, If I was Duchatelet I'd be grilling the geniuses who keep recruiting substandard players. It's costing him a lot more than free coffee in Crossbars which Katrien pinpointed as one of the drains on resources.

That's your right.

On that we agree. : - )

It seems that you are certain that I'm wrong but will not refute what I say.

Based on the evidence I have I believe it to be a fact that KF had been heading up the recruitment process.

You have offered no evidence to the contrary or indicated who is heading up the recruitment yet you seem sure it isn't KF.

But you have asked other posters to take things on "faith".

All the evidence I have points to it being KF. I was saying that long before he reappeared at Sparrows Lane too.

He may well NOW want Yann back but I never questioned that.
  • Sponsored links:

• "He may well NOW want Yann back but I never questioned that".

Oh Lord, don't tell me that now another demonstration is planned for Saturday, the club are going to float a rumour on the morning of the game that they want to re-sign Yann on loan?

Only so many times that is believable. (Actually there aren't any).
  • Back on topic, the question I would have asked if I was at THAT meeting is why we have Caledonian Ale, er

Who is responsible for our signings? You can see this elsewhere, where clubs have some faceless team who are responsible for signings, and take no responsibility if they are rubbish.

You can keep changing the head coach, but if the players he is they are given are unsuitable for English football then he they will struggle.

That's your right.

I gotta say, you sound Desperate Pete.
  • anyway bergdich is utter toilet
  • If Naby Sarr is worth 1.8m then there's hope for every lower league player out there.

That's your right.

On that we agree.

Based on the evidence I have I believe it to be a fact that KF had been heading up the recruitment process.

You have offered no evidence to the contrary or indicated who is heading up the recruitment yet you seem sure it isn't KF.

All the evidence I have points to it being KF. I was saying that long before he reappeared at Sparrows Lane too.

Though you would not leave it alone...... So as I understand it is up to me to 'repute' or disprove your 'evidence' which may involve chats to your cronies, sorry I should say contacts throughout Belgium and the continent... I know that I should not bite but I did not like your comment on double standards. Yes KF is employed by the evil one and has been involved in his interests but you should not claim what you cannot prove. You make specific claims about what KF has done and said with no evidence that you will produce. Now you say that because I offer no evidence to stand up to your 'evidence' which, apparently is so substantial that in your mind it becomes 'fact'.............
    FFS I cannot prove my 'faith' 'belief' 'fact' without affidavits so I respectively suggest that before you jump to any more 'conclusions' you might actually ask the man himself, or do you consider that my view is inferior to yours? Of course I am sure that you will not say that but let's just get on with supporting Charlton and not squabble.
    Maybe invite him to Bromley....

That's your right.

On that we agree.

Though you would not leave it alone...... So as I understand it is up to me to 'repute' or disprove your 'evidence' which may involve chats to your cronies, sorry I should say contacts throughout Belgium and the continent... I know that I should not bite but I did not like your comment on double standards. Yes KF is employed by the evil one and has been involved in his interests but you should not claim what you cannot prove. You make specific claims about what KF has done and said with no evidence that you will produce. Now you say that because I offer no evidence to stand up to your 'evidence' which, apparently is so substantial that in your mind it becomes 'fact'.............
    FFS I cannot prove my 'faith' 'belief' 'fact' without affidavits so I respectively suggest that before you jump to any more 'conclusions' you might actually ask the man himself, or do you consider that my view is inferior to yours? Of course I am sure that you will not say that but let's just get on with supporting Charlton and not squabble.
    Maybe invite him to Bromley....
    I will certainly invite him to Bromley, if he'll come or be allowed to come or even be here long enough to come is another thing.

As for evidence I have done no more or less than you. You asked others to take what you said on "faith" as quoted above.

Some of my evidence has already been published by others on here. fans meeting him in the board room while CP was still manager saying that he was there scouting the players, him later making remarks about the bell ringing for him, the statement from Riga that he didn't know KF before they worked together. Other evidence was given in confidence, not by "cronies" but others close to the situation. Perhaps they were wrong or mislead me. I'm willing to bow to strong enough counter evidence but for now I stick to what I said. Pretty much the same as you again.
  • Sad day for a discussion forum when a fan can't say what he believes to be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bergdich is amazing... It doesn't matter what we say.
  • My feeling based on a ten minute conversation with KF way back when we lost at home to Birmingham was that he is at least very involved with sourcing players. He without doubt said to me and I paraphrase " I look at some players, make some recommendations. I know a lot of players." He certainly gave me the impression that he was scouting for the network.
  • Dear Henry says:

Some of my evidence has already been published by others on here. fans meeting him in the board room while CP was still manager saying that he was there scouting the players, him later making remarks about the bell ringing for him, the statement from Riga that he didn't know KF before they worked together. Other evidence was given in confidence, not by "cronies" but others close to the situation. Perhaps they were wrong or mislead me. I'm willing to bow to strong enough counter evidence but for now I stick to what I said. Pretty much the same as you again
    This is your evidence...... well I did say that KF is employed by the evil one so he has been 'around' as you say but to say that this coupled with your chats amounts to 'fact' is........ Stick to the day job Henry or it you have nothing better to do, go to Sparrows Lane and have a real chat. Yes I suspect that he would be wary of coming along to Bromley to be fair as he has a job!!!
    Please god lets this be the end of it as I have a job as well!

On another note can someone direct me to the etiquette of flagging?
  • You're strange...
  • Hope he takes Sarr with him
  • Hate it when that poster of my favorite player has to come down off of the bedroom wall...

Bye Whatyername?
  • Is it Richard Murray?
  • Hate it when that poster of my favorite player has to come down off of the bedroom wall...

Bye Whatyername?

Zakaraya Birdshit
  • Bergdich is not Lionel Messi but is no way as bad as some are making out .. he has hardly had time to get used to English football AND, no-one knows what he cost .. we are in 'Francis territory' here, potentially scapegoating a player for no obvious reason that I can see .. he's presumably being loaned out as Fox is very much improved and Holmes-Dennis has proved to be just made for 1st team football
    .. as For Sarr .. the club signed him as POTENTIAL, which he undoubtedly has .. as with Bergdich, he's hardly had time to settle ..
    AND .. given the supposed state of the clubs finances, sending players out on loan SAVES MONEY and keeps said player match fit