Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

Comments

• se9addick said:

One thing I like about these owners...

If a player is rubbish, they don't last long... Sends a good message to anyone else who wants to simply pick up their wages

Now the trick is just to identify that they're rubbish before we bring them in on a four year deal and we'll be laughing !
    Lol. Absolutely but the perceived policy of not signing British does exacerbate the chances of players either not cutting it or not settling.
  • I've said it before, If I was Duchatelet I'd be grilling the geniuses who keep recruiting substandard players. It's costing him a lot more than free coffee in Crossbars which Katrien pinpointed as one of the drains on resources.

I was lead to believe that the head of recruitment was Karel Fraeye.
  • Hard to believe what a poor signing he's been -
    is he just a poor player or is it just that he hasn't settled in.
    Our scouting is very poor.
  • edited December 2015
    se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

it is the gift that keeps giving! how can people still sit and say that Rolland and Katrien is a great thing for the club!

I don't think anyone is saying that anymore mate !
  • Sponsored links:

• All the money wasted on foreign players yet they still don't want to even contemplate signing proven British based players. I don't see how Roland is a multi millionaire given his illogical thinking in running us.
  • One thing I like about these owners...

If a player is rubbish, they don't last long... Sends a good message to anyone else who wants to simply pick up their wages

Only they don't all get moved on. Polish Pete and Tucadean still on the book.

And we take a massive hit on the fee(if there was one) and/or wages as well no doubt.

The CEO can say we've spent £9m (gross not net) on players but then how much of that has been wasted?

I make no apologies for saying this yet again but the one key aspect of this so called model is getting the recruitment spot on. Not average or good but brilliantly better than all the other sides with bigger budgets and more experienced managers.

And yet we consistently fail. Time and time again.

Laptop data analysis in Belgium is no substitute for real scouting.

Pure and simple, we could talk all bloody day about the situation.

The flawed recruitment policy of managers and players is what this club stands or falls on.
  • @colin1961 usually agree with a fair bit with what you say however...

The champion winning season, how many players did Powell sign, which ultimately make us smash L1. I'm not a CP hater or lover (as a manager) but give credit where it's due mate
  • rikofold said:

Although that Johnny Robinson would have been out the door pretty quickly. Sweaty would have been gone after 2 own goals in his first 3 games, Luke Young didn't have the best of starts, and as for Carl Leaburn...

No feel for the game, this lot.

That's not to say that I think Bergdich is the future - I don't think he should have been signed in the first place.
    Which is a problem with having too many unproven players in the team. Robinson, for example, was in an established team full of home grown players and experienced pros. Imagine we had signed 6 Robbos, all taking 3 years to come good! Instead alongside him in midfield were the likes of Walsh, Pardew, Bumstead, K Jones, Pitcher, Mortimer
  • edited December 2015
    This club, under this ownership. Pathetic. Once upon a time I was grateful for RD stepping in and saving this club financially, but with each and every decision he/they make, WTF?????

So Bergdich was bought in on a 4 year deal for a transfer fee and 6 months into his contract we want to offload him. Mental. It wouldn't be mental if it were in isolation, but we keep on doing this????

I mean what is going on? Off the top of my head,

Thuram
    Nego
    PP
    Koc
    LePoint
    Tucudean
    Bergdich
    Watt (even worse because good player compared to the rest)

I must have missed some out but this is crazy. I'm pretty sure from the interactions I have on here with the regulars that each and every one of us busts our gut in our jobs, we work hard. If any of us displayed the level of incompetence and managerial mistakes that our 'executive team' have displayed over the last 2 years, surely we would be for the chop?

How much does KM get paid? I bet it is more than me. How does she/these people making the decisions about player recruitment get to get away with this. I just can't get my head around this.

How fitting as well that his last appearance was against Preston out on that right wing? I know he's ridiculously left footed, but as a professional football player, he should have some positional awareness. His performance was without doubt one of the worst I've seen in a Charlton shirt.

Yes, I do think moving him on is the right decision because I don't think he's good enough, but why the hell he was here in the first place I will never know.

I can't wait for our batch of shit in January
  • Funnily Wiggins, the player he replaced, has barely played at Wednesday. More surprisingly, Lawrie Wilson has barely played at Bolton, and seems out of favour there already. Both clubs I suspect would be happy to get shot of them!
  • Don't really rate Bergdich as he seems to want to create his own position between left back and left midfield which doesn't really gel with the team. Having said that though, he's fast, physically strong and he is capable of scoring goals. I don't really think shifting him out immediately - and so publicly - is anything like good management. Maybe he needs time to settle. Maybe he needs specific tactical training to get the most out of him. If you're a player who naturally has issues with positioning constantly moving him around the pitch doesn't help. Didn't we have him at right midfield at one point? As much as I hate our terrible scattergun policy of signing players with no recent football and no English experience, I hate even more how willing we are to chuck them off the edge of the cliff as soon as someone decides they aren't good enough. Bergdich is signed for Luzon, Fraeye prefers THD to him after two months of being 'temporarily' in charge and so a month after that Bergdich is expected to be gone. That is insane. That is the work of an insane mind. No consistency, no stability, just a shrug and a fevered YouTube search for footage of Atalanta's reserve side striker.

To be honest though, what else do you expect when you get some lawyer with no football experience to sign all your players for you? Personally I'm surprised they all have two legs.
  • MrLargo said:

Naby Sarr (rumoured £2.5m)
    Please say that isn't true?!
  • Sponsored links:

• I've said it before, If I was Duchatelet I'd be grilling the geniuses who keep recruiting substandard players. It's costing him a lot more than free coffee in Crossbars which Katrien pinpointed as one of the drains on resources.

Henry, yet again you repeat the claim that Karel Fraeye you "believe" was head of recruitment. In another post ( http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2306364/#Comment_2306364) you said that this was a 'fact' but you never replied, so here is your opportunity to do so (with respect).
    I believe this not to be true and I do not think that it helps to spread unsubstantiated 'facts' which may result in the growing not very pleasant atmosphere at the valley deteriating further when the team needs more support rather than less or muted support.
  • HandG said:

MrLargo said:

Naby Sarr (rumoured £2.5m)
    Please say that isn't true?!
    A Portuguese newspaper had the figure €2.5m which equates to £1.8m I think (going from memory on the conversation rate)

Henry, yet again you repeat the claim that Karel Fraeye you "believe" was head of recruitment. In another post ( http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2306364/#Comment_2306364) you said that this was a 'fact' but you never replied, so here is your opportunity to do so (with respect).
    I believe this not to be true and I do not think that it helps to spread unsubstantiated 'facts' which may result in the growing not very pleasant atmosphere at the valley deteriating further when the team needs more support rather than less or muted support.
    That's your right.

I believe he was the person responsible for scouting the Charlton team on behalf of RD before Chris Powell had left, was the person who said that Polish Pete was more than adequate replacement for Yann and who remained the head of the data analysis recruitment team all through the time Roland has owned the club.

I have been told this by multiple sources, his statements to fans and his continued employment by the network back this up.

You can choose not to believe me or you may wish to draw a different conclusion. I stick with my belief that that was, and possibly still is, his role.
  • Will be loaned to Alcorcon in January for the rest of the season with CAFC paying the majority of his wages I would assume!

RD getting value from the network!!!

That's your right.

I believe he was the person responsible for scouting the Charlton team on behalf of RD before Chris Powell had left, was the person who said that Polish Pete was more than adequate replacement for Yann and who remained the head of the data analysis recruitment team all through the time Roland has owned the club.

I have been told this by multiple sources, his statements to fans and his continued employment by the network back this up.

You can choose not to believe me or you may wish to draw a different conclusion. I stick with my belief that that was, and possibly still is, his role.
    I see, lets not the facts get in the way of the narrative eh Henry.
  • be grateful if you could indulge what do you believe the facts @Desperate_Pete ?
  • Bergdich is an absolute player, a shit one.

As in a previous thread saw him for the u21s, shockingly bad.