Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

edited July 2015 in General Charlton
According to Cawley's earlier tweet, on a long term deal

Comments

• Options
    ichard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 8m8 minutes ago
    Plenty going on at Charlton in terms of transfers bubbling away. Club have agreed a deal with Real Vallodolid for Zak Bergdich.
    1 retweet 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet1 Favorite1
    More
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 8m8 minutes ago
    Sounds as if transfer should be wrapped up pretty quickly. He'll get long-term deal.
  • Options
    Whilst it doesn't explicitly state that he has signed, it does imply that there is a chance something may happen today.

So - Wiggins out the door (on loan cos he wont pass a medical) and Fox at CB?
  • Options

Says agreed a deal, not signed it.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    Agreed with the club, not with the player just yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

no he hasn't. Surprised at you AFKA of all people. When it's on the OS and all that....

Oh, and you have spelt his name wrong

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Apologies, misread tweet
  • Options
    You alright Dan or has Ackworth hacked your account this morning? ; -)
  • Options
    5 goals on 39 games is pretty good for a left back.

I'm probably wrong but I can't remember us having many goalscoring full backs?

Konchesky chipped in but I've just looked and his record was 5 in 149 games, in the short time he was with us Greg Shields scored a few belters!
  • Options
    Just like I don't want my NFL team to sign Ray Rice I'm not particularly thrilled by this. Before anyone says innocent til proven guilty, his wife spending 15 days in hospital is like being caught with the baseball bat in his hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also - the wife had injuries that could take up to 15 days to heal. She wasn't in hospital for 15 days.
  • Options
    Welcome Bergdich. Never seen you play, had not heard of you a week ago, could be great, could be shit, likely somewhere in between. Just like all our other signings this window then!
  • Options
    Well said Large.
  • Options
    If personal terms can be agreed then his signing might effectively help solve the CB issue too with Fox a genuine possibility there, especially if we're going to go with 3 CB's and wing backs. That said we'd still need another experienced one.
  • Options

Also - the wife had injuries that could take up to 15 days to heal. She wasn't in hospital for 15 days.

Ah OK, that's fine then...

• Options
    edited July 2015
    For people that might not have seen it before on the rumours thread.

Bergdich twitter account with a picture of them looking fine ....

@(null): After all what we have read yesterday! My wife and I allont very well... #Rumeur #Mensonge
  • Options

Just like I don't want my NFL team to sign Ray Rice I'm not particularly thrilled by this. Before anyone says innocent til proven guilty, his wife spending 15 days in hospital is like being caught with the baseball bat in his hands.

Certainly I've been very surprised when it was brought up on here last week just how muted / downplaying the reaction was.

Would really like to know the FACTS behind this. The were published press reports in April saying he had been charged and arrested for beating his wife.

"Genoa defender Zakarya Bergdich was arrested and charged with assaulting his wife.

News agency ANSA reports the 25-year-old Morocco international was stopped by police following a violent row.

His wife was taken to hospital and medics said her injuries will take around 15 days to heal.

Bergdich was a January signing on loan from Real Valladolid."

A day or two later he posted a picture of him and his wife saying don't believe it, it's lies.

So was he arrested but the charges dropped? was his wife hospitalised? was the whole thing a bizarre pack of lies? If so, is he suing whoever put the lies out?
  • Options
    edited July 2015

let's hope you never do jury service eh. Prosecution 'my client ended up spending 15 days in hospital'. You 'guilty as charged'. You have obviously heard of being innocent until proven guilty but don't believe in it. Let's hope you are never accused of something you didn't do.

Domestic abuse cases have a pretty high conviction rate nowadays.
  • Options

Ah OK, that's fine then...

Yes of course - thats exactly what I said isnt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be as simple as she tried to hit him, he grabbed her wrist and it bruised. That can take a couple of weeks to go down. Similarly it could have been much worse than that. I suspect there's only a couple of people that know the real truth.

But the fact they seemed pretty happy the day after on twitter means there is a good chance this was blown all out of proportion.
  • Options
    I have no clue if there's anything amiss with him and his wife. But this is classic sort of stuff after domestic violence. Victim still scared of perp and does as told until ready to end relationship.
    Hopefully there's nothing wrong.
  • Options

Whilst it doesn't explicitly state that he has signed, it does imply that there is a chance something may happen today.

So - Wiggins out the door (on loan cos he wont pass a medical) and Fox at CB?

The other Full back won't pass a medical but don't see why Wiggins won't.
    He has a casual attitude to his injury problems judging by what he said at Bromley last year just 5 days before yet another foot Injury. Unlike Solly's Knees, not certain that Wiggins's different issues will show up in x-rays or a medical.
    All the sicknotes must be on the computer thou ?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Swisdom said:

Maybe. The fact is its nobody's business but theirs and shouldn't continually be brought up in the context of a new player signing for the club.

Not really when people are paying money for tickets/shirts etc which funds his wages and are then expected to cheer him.
  • Options

let's hope you never do jury service eh. Prosecution 'my client ended up spending 15 days in hospital'. You 'guilty as charged'. You have obviously heard of being innocent until proven guilty but don't believe in it. Let's hope you are never accused of something you didn't do.
    Good post.