Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

Comments

• Options

IF he's found guilty of domestic abuse, then he should definitely not be signed by CAFC

totally agree. can only assume that if he signs then no charges are being brought.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Large, this is an expanded story from April at the time of the original report

http://sport.ilmessaggero.it/calcio/news/calcio_bergdich_denuncia_moglie_malmenato/1288604.shtml

If you can interprete through the translates correctly, it suggests (with quotes) she went to the hospital after being "attacked and beaten by the player during a dispute in the house. "I was beaten for jealousy. Is not the first time that has made me such a thing. So I decided to leave him and report him," she said to the policemen. The same has also asked that the agents then proclaiming in the villa of Cogoleto of the player gets to take his clothes. The couple in the course of the complaint has reported "as the violence went on for some time," and also "have suffered some sexual abuse" by the defender.

The Mobile (not sure what mobile is in Italian) has acquired the medical certificate (15 days of prognosis, for the injuries they have suffered). IT IS at this moment the only element that the investigators in hand. The dossier for ill, injured and even sexual violence, and landed in these hours in the Prosecutor's Office and ended up on the table of the deputy prosecutor Paola Crispo. It is not excluded that the footballer in the next few hours to be interrogated.

if you do cross name searches of things like Bergdich, paulo crispo or Bergdich, cogoleto for example, you find a lot more Italian reports

So I wonder if the video referenced in the June article that was previously posted as being the basis for the prosecution is a video of the wife's testimony to the Police rather than a video of the alleged assault / sexual abuse ?

All very odd.
    That's my 'interpretation'. She gave a testimony to the police, and then at a later date asked for it to be cancelled. As said though, none of us know and my interpretation could be wrong.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    We might be getting misled by the use of the word "prosecutor". I have a recollection (from the Amanda Knox fiasco and watching Inspector Montalbano on the TV!) that in Italian procedures the police are very much guided by the public prosecutor as to whether to take a case forward for preliminary investigation. So those (poor) translations might merely be informing us that an investigation had been initiated rather than the evidence has been reviewed and a decision taken on proceeding further.
  • Options
    Great signing in my opinion and that's all that matters . :wink:
  • Options
    so .. presumably all must be in order .. welcome Zakarya .. and all the very best of luck
  • Options
    Welcome Zak.
  • Options

Bienvenue a Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

If @brogib was a mod he would have sunk this nit-picking travesty of a thread long before now :wink:

Earear
  • Options
    Are mods/promoted people expected to be able to spell proply?
  • Options
    I dont think this is the right thread but just got 66/1 at ladbrokes for championship[each way bet].Suely we cant still be second favorites to go down after these signings.Or maybe ladbrokes know they are crap.
  • Options
    £10 E/W on at Labrooks 66-1, bet placed three weeks ago. Just had a feeling Roly might go for promotion this season.
  • Options
    Welcome Zak.
  • Options
    timken said:

I dont think this is the right thread but just got 66/1 at ladbrokes for championship[each way bet].Suely we cant still be second favorites to go down after these signings.Or maybe ladbrokes know they are crap.

Just to play devils advocate, why do you think any of our signings will help us stay up ?
  • Options

thanks AFKA. It's obvious something happened but, as with undisclosed fees, we will never know the truth. If he was/is convicted of an offence then I would be extremely unhappy and would be firing off a email to KM stating my displeasure. However, I do believe in someone 'being innocent until proved guilty' and until proved guilty he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt from me.

Would you be that incandescent with rage ? Stern actions indeed.
  • Options
    answer to se9 -- blind faith
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited July 2015
    You probably won't be reading this because of all the crap that has gone on before. But, welcome Zak into the welcoming arms of Charlton Athletic (edited) Supporters.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

timken said:

Just to play devils advocate, why do you think any of our signings will help us stay up ?
    Well personally, with the current exception of CBs (which I expect are being/will be addressed even now) we're now at the very least pretty much on a par with the squad as it stood last season. And that team/squad was enough to stay up with relative comfort by the end of things. I certainly don't want (nor expect) to see us scrabbling amongst the bottom feeders this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

se9addick said:

timken said:

Well personally, with the current exception of CBs (which I expect are being/will be addressed even now) we're now at the very least pretty much on a par with the squad as it stood last season. And that team/squad was enough to stay up with relative comfort by the end of things. I certainly don't want (nor expect) to see us scrabbling amongst the bottom feeders this season.

To quote Bikey after Brentford last season: "Play-offs, minimum".
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    timken said:

w
    thenewbie said:

se9addick said:

timken said:

but why are we "now at the very least pretty much on a par with the squad as it stood last season" ? As I see it we've lost Bulot, Buyens, Gomez, TBH, Johnson, Church & Eagles and replaced with Bauer, Ba, Kashi, Ceballos and Bergdich.

I'm not saying, we're better, worse or the same than last season - I'm saying I honestly don't know because until a couple of weeks ago I'd never even heard of the five that we'd signed, had you ? If not, why do you think we are "now at the very least pretty much on a par with the squad as it stood last season" ?
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

"Katrien mentioned that she could be close to signing someone from the former USSR."

"Russia?"

"Nope, She said she'd tell me when she's good and ready"

Katrien told me she had a scoop for me about a new player signing from Houston.

"Texas?" I said.

"I'd prefer to tell you face to face." She replied.
  • Options
    Katrien told me she had a scoop for me about a new player signing from the south of France.

"Toulouse?" I said.

" No, to win hopefully. What are you, some kind of idiot?" She replied.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    KM told me she had approached a woman in the north west of the USA to be our new tea lady.

"Alaska?" I enquired

"No, I already have. Just waiting for her response" she replied.
  • Options

we're fast becoming the 'South bank Arsenal' with all our new foreigners .. this lad looks very decent and will strengthen a very weak position for us
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLrj-TFrFI

Chris Brown song...
  • Options
    Katrien told me she'll be watching her phone waiting for confirmation of a player coming in from an island soon.

Hawaii? I asked

No it's a samsung, she replied

• Options

we're fast becoming the 'South bank Arsenal' with all our new foreigners .. this lad looks very decent and will strengthen a very weak position for us
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLrj-TFrFI

Chris Brown song...
    Top tune of 2005 that one.