Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

PL54 said:

The sanctimonious on here would rather a supporter with a criminal record is banned from the stands - a player has no chance.

Just for the sake of clarity, the plod can only apply for a banning order for a "football-related offence".

It's a civil rather than criminal matter. That makes them quite easy to get if, say someone has been violent or there has been other disorder caught on CCTV at or near (both in time and place) a football match. It is not necessary for the individual to have been convicted of a criminal offence if there are reasonable grounds to believe that imposing an order will prevent violence or disorder in the future. The burden of proof is lower - which is why the Chelsea 4 had no chance. (But that doesn't explain why the police didn't seek to have Roy Keane banned from attending football matches....)

Breach of the civil order becomes a criminal offence - rather like contempt of court I suppose.

So, a random criminal offence would not and cannot lead to a banning order. Although the recent belting incident probably (almost certainly?) will.

BTW, the list of banning orders is much as you'd expect. As at September last year, the average number for each Championship club is 25. Charlton, of course are below average on 21. Whereas Millwall have a depressing 72 but still trail Cardiff by 21. The massive have a massive 35 but are only in fourth place courtesy of Huddersfield with 42. So, really the numbers are pretty small with only Premier League Newcastle hitting three figures.
    "best fans in the world mind"
  • Options
    Looks to have quick feet and wants to get forward. Good upper body strength too. Looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    So when today is he signing?
  • Options
    What a load of waffle
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don't think anyone on this thread is saying he is guilty, some of us would just feel more comfortable if someone was able to produce a link to a news report showing it was all a misunderstanding, i don't see why some have an issue with that logic.

yes, that would be nice, but there isn't one but then there was only one news report in the first place which i find odd in itself

There is only one report in English, but I wouldn't expect many English reports of a Moroccan footballer playing in Italy to be honest. What coverage there was in Italian, Moroccan or Spanish press, I don't know
    There was that other article, in Italian, which someone posted which was written at the start of June which claimed that a whole host of additional - extremely unpleasant (think Ched Evans) - charges were being considered against this chap on the strength of a tape that the prosecution had come across.
    really? not seen that, can't find it anywhere, would be interested in a link.

• Options

se9addick said:

I don't think anyone on this thread is saying he is guilty, some of us would just feel more comfortable if someone was able to produce a link to a news report showing it was all a misunderstanding, i don't see why some have an issue with that logic.

yes, that would be nice, but there isn't one but then there was only one news report in the first place which i find odd in itself

There is only one report in English, but I wouldn't expect many English reports of a Moroccan footballer playing in Italy to be honest. What coverage there was in Italian, Moroccan or Spanish press, I don't know
    There was that other article, in Italian, which someone posted which was written at the start of June which claimed that a whole host of additional - extremely unpleasant (think Ched Evans) - charges were being considered against this chap on the strength of a tape that the prosecution had come across.

It was on the original thread, I'll see if I can find it - 'twas pretty nuts.
  • Options

se9addick said:

This was it - article from June 5th, posted on the rumours thread on July 17th, haven't seen anything more recent;

Violence, there is a video accusing Bergdich

Thomas Fregatti, 5 June 2015

Zakarya Bergdich Botte his partner: denounced Bergdich

The tweet with his wife posted the defender of Genoa Bergdich, denounced last week by the same partner for injuries and ill-treatment Bergdich, tweets and photos with his partner: "We are very well»

Genoa - The truth, for the Prosecution, it's all in a movie. A video-complaint, registered by the squad just hours after the events, that could be the decisive factor for the prosecution to Zakarya Bergdich, the player of 26 years of Genoa (on loan from Real Valladolid) and Moroccan International finished in trouble for assaulting and beating his partner after a trivial dispute in family matters of jealousy. The attack had led to the discovery of harassment, abuse and rape that occurred in previous months that the woman had always been silent. In recent days, the deputy prosecutor Paola Crispo ordered the acquisition of that movie, by practice, in cases of sexual or domestic violence is made ​​by agents to crystallize the facts.

Based on this video, which lasts all of ten minutes, the prosecutor entered the footballer of Genoa under investigation for crimes of abuse and sexual violence. This despite the wife's defender in recent days has made ​​to the police station first and then the remission of Attorney lawsuit asking to cancel everything. This reverse, however, does not remove some charges that, from the point of view of the Criminal Code, are prosecuted ex officio. How, exactly, sexual violence and ill-treatment. For this the player is in serious danger of ending up in the dock. The magistrate is considering in the coming days to question both the player rossoblù that his own partner to further narrow what happened and decide the future of this judicial criminal proceedings.

ilsecoloxix.it/p/sport/2015/06/05/ARWXNigE-violenze_accusa_bergdich.shtml

Note: this is from a website of La Stampa newspaper.

• Options

yes but the Club can surely ban who they like?

Perhaps not. Away matches, internationals for example.
  • Options
    @(null): The transfer of Bergdich will be completed for 350,000 euros #pucela: http://t.co/x4QVe5879t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobcafc7 said:

@(null): The transfer of Bergdich will be completed for 350,000 euros #pucela: http://t.co/x4QVe5879t

That site also says £500,000 is the equivalent of e350,000 - they might want to check their exchange rate !
  • Options

What a load of waffle

Thought he was Morrocan not Belgian
  • Options
    Has he actually signed? From the video he looks pretty good, I agree with SHG on that, he seems to be a left back though, which is all well and good, but I seriously think we need a central defender, maybe two. I say that on the basis that we can't call on Johnson, Gomez, Ben Haim and seemingly Bikey any more, possibly one youngster can step up from time to time, even then we seem lacking in that position. Personally I don't see Fox moving inside, but we might have to. A credible central defender with a bit of experience, yes like TBH, would be very welcome.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

This was it - article from June 5th, posted on the rumours thread on July 17th, haven't seen anything more recent;

The tweet with his wife posted the defender of Genoa Bergdich, denounced last week by the same partner for injuries and ill-treatment Bergdich, tweets and photos with his partner: "We are very well»

Genoa - The truth, for the Prosecution, it's all in a movie. A video-complaint, registered by the squad just hours after the events, that could be the decisive factor for the prosecution to Zakarya Bergdich, the player of 26 years of Genoa (on loan from Real Valladolid) and Moroccan International finished in trouble for assaulting and beating his partner after a trivial dispute in family matters of jealousy. The attack had led to the discovery of harassment, abuse and rape that occurred in previous months that the woman had always been silent. In recent days, the deputy prosecutor Paola Crispo ordered the acquisition of that movie, by practice, in cases of sexual or domestic violence is made ​​by agents to crystallize the facts.

Based on this video, which lasts all of ten minutes, the prosecutor entered the footballer of Genoa under investigation for crimes of abuse and sexual violence. This despite the wife's defender in recent days has made ​​to the police station first and then the remission of Attorney lawsuit asking to cancel everything. This reverse, however, does not remove some charges that, from the point of view of the Criminal Code, are prosecuted ex officio. How, exactly, sexual violence and ill-treatment. For this the player is in serious danger of ending up in the dock. The magistrate is considering in the coming days to question both the player rossoblù that his own partner to further narrow what happened and decide the future of this judicial criminal proceedings.

not seen that before, thanks. Searched La Stampa website, nothing since then.

• Options
    se9addick said:

bobcafc7 said:

That site also says £500,000 is the equivalent of e350,000 - they might want to check their exchange rate !
    that's the rate of exchange at Athens airport
  • Options
    edited July 2015

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

The thing is it's so difficult to know what the story is with a rubbish Google translate - it says "the prosecutor entered the footballer of Genoa under investigation for crimes of abuse and sexual violence" which sounds extremely serious and not something I would expect to just go away, especially if there is video evidence of some description.

I wonder if we have any Itslian speaking Addicks who could translate better ?

I'm worried that this stuff is still hanging over him and we haven't done our homework - but surely that isn't the case ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 is innocent Ok.

Anyone who can use RocK.Paper, Scissors is any kind of debate
    will always win in my eyes.

If this story had any legs, I trust Katrien and Roland after due diligence would have pulled the plug.

• Options
    @(null): The transfer of Bergdich will be completed by 700,000 euro #pucela: http://t.co/x4QVe5879t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Halix said:

but I do feel uncomfortable that we have signed him.

do you feel uncomfortable that we have signed Makionok, Bauer, Kashi or Ba?

Why have they been accused of domestic abuse as well?
  • Options
    @(null): Braulio recognizes that the output of Bergdich #pucela will be imminent Athletic #Charlton: http://t.co/DIFEPlYLxc
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

The thing is it's so difficult to know what the story is with a rubbish Google translate - it says "the prosecutor entered the footballer of Genoa under investigation for crimes of abuse and sexual violence" which sounds extremely serious and not something I would expect to just go away, especially if there is video evidence of some description.

I wonder if we have any Itslian speaking Addicks who could translate better ?

I'm worried that this stuff is still hanging over him and we haven't done our homework - but surely that isn't the case ?
    then the prosecutor should be on trial not Bergdich!
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

@(null): Braulio recognizes that the output of Bergdich #pucela will be imminent Athletic #Charlton: http://t.co/DIFEPlYLxc

Purplemonkeydishwasher!
  • Options
    If @brogib was a mod he would have sunk this nit-picking travesty of a thread long before now :wink:
  • Options
    Large, this is an expanded story from April at the time of the original report

http://sport.ilmessaggero.it/calcio/news/calcio_bergdich_denuncia_moglie_malmenato/1288604.shtml

If you can interprete through the translates correctly, it suggests (with quotes) she went to the hospital after being "attacked and beaten by the player during a dispute in the house. "I was beaten for jealousy. Is not the first time that has made me such a thing. So I decided to leave him and report him," she said to the policemen. The same has also asked that the agents then proclaiming in the villa of Cogoleto of the player gets to take his clothes. The couple in the course of the complaint has reported "as the violence went on for some time," and also "have suffered some sexual abuse" by the defender.

The Mobile (not sure what mobile is in Italian) has acquired the medical certificate (15 days of prognosis, for the injuries they have suffered). IT IS at this moment the only element that the investigators in hand. The dossier for ill, injured and even sexual violence, and landed in these hours in the Prosecutor's Office and ended up on the table of the deputy prosecutor Paola Crispo. It is not excluded that the footballer in the next few hours to be interrogated.

if you do cross name searches of things like Bergdich, paulo crispo or Bergdich, cogoleto for example, you find a lot more Italian reports
  • Options

Large, this is an expanded story from April at the time of the original report

http://sport.ilmessaggero.it/calcio/news/calcio_bergdich_denuncia_moglie_malmenato/1288604.shtml

If you can interprete through the translates correctly, it suggests (with quotes) she went to the hospital after being "attacked and beaten by the player during a dispute in the house. "I was beaten for jealousy. Is not the first time that has made me such a thing. So I decided to leave him and report him," she said to the policemen. The same has also asked that the agents then proclaiming in the villa of Cogoleto of the player gets to take his clothes. The couple in the course of the complaint has reported "as the violence went on for some time," and also "have suffered some sexual abuse" by the defender.

The Mobile (not sure what mobile is in Italian) has acquired the medical certificate (15 days of prognosis, for the injuries they have suffered). IT IS at this moment the only element that the investigators in hand. The dossier for ill, injured and even sexual violence, and landed in these hours in the Prosecutor's Office and ended up on the table of the deputy prosecutor Paola Crispo. It is not excluded that the footballer in the next few hours to be interrogated.

if you do cross name searches of things like Bergdich, paulo crispo or Bergdich, cogoleto for example, you find a lot more Italian reports

So I wonder if the video referenced in the June article that was previously posted as being the basis for the prosecution is a video of the wife's testimony to the Police rather than a video of the alleged assault / sexual abuse ?

All very odd.
  • Options
    thanks AFKA. It's obvious something happened but, as with undisclosed fees, we will never know the truth. If he was/is convicted of an offence then I would be extremely unhappy and would be firing off a email to KM stating my displeasure. However, I do believe in someone 'being innocent until proved guilty' and until proved guilty he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt from me.
  • Options
    IF he's found guilty of domestic abuse, then he should definitely not be signed by CAFC
  • Options

thanks AFKA. It's obvious something happened but, as with undisclosed fees, we will never know the truth. If he was/is convicted of an offence then I would be extremely unhappy and would be firing off a email to KM stating my displeasure. However, I do believe in someone 'being innocent until proved guilty' and until proved guilty he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt from me.

Spot on.

According to Cawley the club are aware of the allegations so I guess they've looked into it and are happy that there's no more to come.