Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Bergdich deal agreed....SIGNED - 4 YEAR DEAL+++

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options

My feeling based on a ten minute conversation with KF way back when we lost at home to Birmingham was that he is at least very involved with sourcing players. He without doubt said to me and I paraphrase " I look at some players, make some recommendations. I know a lot of players." He certainly gave me the impression that he was scouting for the network.

Yes he is a football man and knows a great deal. Yes he sees players and makes recommendations but some would say (hope that this does not wake the beast of Bromley) that this means he’s a 'head of recruitment'. There are, or have been 'unknown laptop' faces recruiting players but I think/hope that they or RD/JE will concentrate on a backbone of Championship type players now and ready to play. Realistically this can only happen to January window.
    Let's hope they/he chooses well and the evil one pays up!
    COYR

Championship type players? There's no evidence to suggest that they even know what a Championship type player is.
    I understand your scepticism WestCountryAddict but KF and JE are working closely together, so between them I think they will choose wisely provided they are allowed the necessary dosh.... If you have no confidence in KF then perhaps you will have more in Jason.
    All signings are somewhat of a gamble and even Curbs got it wrong sometimes. Of course if they get it wrong it will be Karel's fault and it they get it right it will be Jason that gets the credit no doubt.....
    Won't bother getting into an argument with you as I wasn't there but, regardless of how long it was, you learnt a hell of a lot in one conversation with KF.
  • Options

Bergdich is not Lionel Messi but is no way as bad as some are making out .. he has hardly had time to get used to English football AND, no-one knows what he cost .. we are in 'Francis territory' here, potentially scapegoating a player for no obvious reason that I can see .. he's presumably being loaned out as Fox is very much improved and Holmes-Dennis has proved to be just made for 1st team football
    .. as For Sarr .. the club signed him as POTENTIAL, which he undoubtedly has .. as with Bergdich, he's hardly had time to settle ..
    AND .. given the supposed state of the clubs finances, sending players out on loan SAVES MONEY and keeps said player match fit

lets say you are right about bergadich and sarr and they are here for the potential they have and to be good in the future. but how does any of that help us in the here and now? the number 1 priority should be to have players who can be in starting 11 to try and help us stay in the division, then add youngsters on top of that.
    instead they sell or get rid of any defenders who were that and bring in youngsters. we are relying on our very own youngsters in lennon, fox, holmes dennis to step up. we bring in bergadich, sarr and bauer who are all young and untested in this league. it's such an amateur mistake it's laughable, it really is.
    I would agree with much of what you type .. I TYPED a long way up the page that the 'regime' has made a lot of fuck ups over the past few months as well as some good decisions .. loaning out Harriott looks bad now because he's done so well at Colchester, the same may apply to Lennon who's come back more experienced and match fit (except he's now crocked of course)
    .. as to the here and now .. any business, be it a corner shop or a pro FC needs to look to the future, to sign 'staff' deemed to have potential .. Bergdich being loaned out is probably to allow funds to be freed up for an incoming player next month, let's hope so .. CAFC seems to be being run on pretty austere lines to save us from bankruptcy perhaps, I don't know .. BUT .. employing players is very expensive .. do the sums .. players hanging around doing nothing are a drag on resources
    I would hope that Harriott is recalled a s a p, that Lennon recovers from injury and proves to be the very good player I saw last season and that Bergdich, Sarr and whoever else prove in the longer term to be good investments .. if not, we will not be the first nor the last club to make mistakes when it comes to player purchases ..
    last point .. the new youngsters .. have you seen Holmes-Dennis and Lookman play ? .. they are terrific ..also we've blooded Kennedy this season .. this all augers VERY well for the future
    Yeah that new assistant at my local shop has (carrier) bags of potential. The way he stacked the sugar really showed his natural ability, that guy is going places and it wont be long before one of the big three (Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury) snap him up.

Seriously, what ARE you talking about? Comparing footballers to corner shop staff?
    you possibly need to improve your comprehension/reading skills .. I refer to the actual BUSINESS needing to look to the future, including employing staff who will stick around and learn and flourish in ANY given business ..
    or are you deliberately just reading and replying in a negative fashion and trying to mock whereas you REALLY know what I am getting at ? .. whether you agree or disagree is up to you of course, you are obviously a 'Roland Sceptic' .. BUT .. If I were you I would try to make my retorts more to the point and less sarcastic and caricatured
    But you're not me :wink:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

My feeling based on a ten minute conversation with KF way back when we lost at home to Birmingham was that he is at least very involved with sourcing players. He without doubt said to me and I paraphrase " I look at some players, make some recommendations. I know a lot of players." He certainly gave me the impression that he was scouting for the network.

Yes he is a football man and knows a great deal. Yes he sees players and makes recommendations but some would say (hope that this does not wake the beast of Bromley) that this means he’s a 'head of recruitment'. There are, or have been 'unknown laptop' faces recruiting players but I think/hope that they or RD/JE will concentrate on a backbone of Championship type players now and ready to play. Realistically this can only happen to January window.
    COYR

Championship type players? There's no evidence to suggest that they even know what a Championship type player is.
    I understand your scepticism WestCountryAddict but KF and JE are working closely together, so between them I think they will choose wisely provided they are allowed the necessary dosh.... If you have no confidence in KF then perhaps you will have more in Jason.
    All signings are somewhat of a gamble and even Curbs got it wrong sometimes. Of course if they get it wrong it will be Karel's fault and it they get it right it will be Jason that gets the credit no doubt.....
    Won't bother getting into an argument with you as I wasn't there but, regardless of how long it was, you learnt a hell of a lot in one conversation with KF.
    Yes thank you I think that I am a good listener!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

COYR

Thank you because i don't want to get into a long exchange with Henry again, although I think he liked being referred to as 'the Beast from Bromley' tee hee.
    As I stated in a previous reply it's good to talk and perhaps even better to listen....
  • Options
    IAgree said:

stonemuse said:

COYR

Amazing how every time that something happens which is less than flattering for the our owners that some, previously unknown poster pops up and writes a load of sycophantic tosh about the CEO / RD / Whoever is manager.

You joined after this shower turned up, have alluded strongly to inside knowledge and familiarity with the current regime and seem very familiar with certain posters output.

Are you desperate Pete or desperate Pierre??
    I hope that you are not serious? I expect that I am as unhappy and fearful of the future with RD as owner and have as little respect for KM as many on here.
    If I gained some insight and have an opinion on KF and what he is trying to do with the players that he has at his disposal and refute some of the inaccurate 'facts' they some may assert, then I feel I should say so.
    Sorry that you cannot accept that I am a 'real' supporter but I understand your frustrations when others post stuff which you do not agree with.....
    Incidentally, although I only became a member in March last year, I have followed the forum for several years and have been going to the Valley since the early 1960ies.
    And it is Desperate Pete by the way not desperate Pierre!
    PS. I am also sorry it your post was meant to be humorous but it was partly at my expense so I did not find it as funny as others.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

IAgree said:

stonemuse said:

COYR

Amazing how every time that something happens which is less than flattering for the our owners that some, previously unknown poster pops up and writes a load of sycophantic tosh about the CEO / RD / Whoever is manager.

You joined after this shower turned up, have alluded strongly to inside knowledge and familiarity with the current regime and seem very familiar with certain posters output.

Are you desperate Pete or desperate Pierre??
    I hope that you are not serious? I expect that I am as unhappy and fearful of the future with RD as owner and have as little respect for KM as many on here.
    If I gained some insight and have an opinion on KF and what he is trying to do with the players that he has at his disposal and refute some of the inaccurate 'facts' they some may assert, then I feel I should say so.
    Sorry that you cannot accept that I am a 'real' supporter but I understand your frustrations when others post stuff which you do not agree with.....
    Incidentally, although I only became a member in March last year, I have followed the forum for several years and have been going to the Valley since the early 1960ies.
    And it is Desperate Pete by the way not desperate Pierre!
    PS. I am also sorry it your post was meant to be humorous but it was partly at my expense so I did not find it as funny as others.
    Sorry about the shocking attempt at humour at you expense - I guess I thought the man who dubbed Henry the " beast of Bromley " would take this on the chin.