Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No season ticket yet

Comments

• Options
    fenny said:

Not got mine yet, and my windows 10 upgrade has failed "twice".

Can everyone download it on launch day?
    No.
    Microsoft is making it available to members of its Insider programme - people who tested preview versions of the system - from the start.
    But it is staggering delivery to others.
    As part of the process it is carrying out compatibility checks, so that PCs most likely to experience serious problems running the software do not get the upgrade until the relevant bugs have been dealt with.
    If users have not already pre-registered for the download, they can do so by clicking a Windows icon in their taskbar. If it isn't there, they will need to carry out a complicated workaround to make it appear.
    That means some people will have to wait days and perhaps weeks to get Windows 10 for free.
  • Options
    So are they just barcode cards, or is there a contactless chip in there as well
  • Options
    Rothko said:

there's only 14 of them!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Missed It said:

Weren't the old season ticket books 'officially' non-transferable too. As long as you don't take the mick trying to get adults in on kids or OAP tickets its never been a problem before.

They were transferable from 2001/02 onwards, including last season. It's stated in the Ts & Cs. They were "officially" not transferable in 1999/2000 and earlier. We changed it because we thought it was nonsense to have a rule that couldn't be justified or enforced and would largely be ignored.
  • Options
    Glad I didn't wait around for mine. Just spoke to them and it turns out they'd sent it to my previous address! :angry:
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Both I think
  • Options
    Got mine, but I have one concern. When I throw my annual mid-season tantrum, does this "non-transferable" rule mean I can't give my ST away anymore?................
  • Options
    Mine arrived today, for the first time in 30 yrs of having a season ticket, my name is spelt correctly, being a Mc the next letter is a capital on this one. I have always asked why this wasn't the case on the ST and was told the system couldn't handle it.
  • Options

Mine arrived today, for the first time in 30 yrs of having a season ticket, my name is spelt correctly, being a Mc the next letter is a capital on this one. I have always asked why this wasn't the case on the ST and was told the system couldn't handle it.

Weird name, McGuinness, or is it ?
  • Options

Weird name, McGuinness, or is it ?
    It's not McGuinness, however McGuinness is a common name in Ireland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0FN4aB2OQE

Christ that's painful. It was a hit in about '72.
  • Options
    Would be really handy if we could top these cards up and use them to purchase refreshments and merchandise on matchdays. Might speed up the service a little.
  • Options

Would be really handy if we could top these cards up and use them to purchase refreshments and merchandise on matchdays. Might speed up the service a little.

Presumably that's the plan, not much point otherwise ?
  • Options
    Ooooh just got home and mines is here. Now the big question, leave in it's sleek plastic black wallet or put it in my actual wallet ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ah, right. Slow to catch on as usual
  • Options

se9addick said:

Ah, right. Slow to catch on as usual
    No not at all, they haven't announced it - it would just make sense given the nonsense queues we have at half time despite only having a half full stadium !
  • Options
    Harlequins (and no doubt some other football and rugby clubs) have a facility for season ticket holders to put cash on their cards to spend at the ground. Quins are always trying to get people in early by offering lower drink prices before, say, 1.00/1.30 for a 3.00pm kick off (maybe worth looking at for the Fans Bar). As commented above, the card system must help help with the queues and supporters do seem to drink a lot in the ground, helped in no small measure, of course, by the fact that they can do so whilst watching the game. The card's record of expenditure also gives the club a lot of information about supporters' spending habits.

I haven't stuck any money on my Quins card for two reasons: first, I have an illogical, Luddite-like distrust of the technology (introduced at early last season, I think) and, secondly - and more fundamentally - I don't like the Greene King bitter which they sell in the ground. I'd rather pay £3 a pint pre-match around the corner at the Twickenham Brewery.
  • Options

Its all about retina recognition these days, plastic cards are so old hat.

We have been over this. They don't work with glass eyes
  • Options
    Havew the club got acontigencies plan fot those people who do not get there season ticket by the 8th of August I wonder, I ask as still no sign of mine. They where quick to take the money though in April.
  • Options
    mine and my eldest daughters turned up yesterday....youngest was particularly pissed off that her's wasn't there yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:

Havew the club got acontigencies plan fot those people who do not get there season ticket by the 8th of August I wonder, I ask as still no sign of mine. They where quick to take the money though in April.

I would contact the club, if it hasn't arrived by Tuesday.
  • Options
    As my CAFC friends Xanon, Young and Zachary, are still waiting for their ST's
    could this be another case of Alphabet bias ? (I'm a W and no delivery yet.)
    :cold_sweat:
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0FN4aB2OQE

Christ that's painful. It was a hit in about '72.

Getting way off topic now, great song co-written by Benny Gallagher ("Gallagher & Lyle), who is a top guy - lives in Bromley I believe (certainly was until recently) and is refreshingly sanguine about no longer being a big time charlie in music ("I used to employ someone to carry my wallet" is his stock quip).
  • Options
    I'm an A and I don't have mine yet!
  • Options
    Not here either
  • Options
    Not got ours yet!
  • Options
    They were posted out in order of importance :smile:
  • Options

Not here either

Scrub that.

Just tuned up.