Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Pope and Charlton

Comments

• Options
    reserves said:
    Pope out for Euros.
    Not seen that story anywhere. Dyche is quoted saying he may be available for todays match v Sheffield United.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Are we relying on Pope to be sold this summer to balance the books and add some real bite to our recruitment. Will Thomas invest or is he going to be very logical and cautious? He is an inventor after all I don't think he will spend much. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    It's gonna be really interesting to see his strategy in play. Exciting times.
  • Options
    Being a betting man (now reformed) I would put good and bad money on that wizzened old Begian grave robbing cock having pocketed any monies due from Pope, either years,months ago or at any date in the future.
  • Options
    Aside from Spurs if Lloris goes, i don't see any other club spending big on Pope. Who needs him?
  • Options
    Aside from Spurs if Lloris goes, i don't see any other club spending big on Pope. Who needs him?
    Arsenal and West Ham could do with him - neither would spend big though on a GK.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Are we relying on Pope to be sold this summer to balance the books and add some real bite to our recruitment. Will Thomas invest or is he going to be very logical and cautious? He is an inventor after all I don't think he will spend much. Hope I'm wrong though.
    You are wrong, we’re not relying on it whatsoever.

If Pope leaves Burnley, it will only be a bonus to us. If he goes for £30mil, for example, we would be entitled to around £7-8mil.

Sandgaard and the recruitment team will be going for it this summer, but I don’t think anyone should expect us to be splashing the cash.

A better and clever way of bringing in talent needed is going to happen.

If the right player becomes available, Sandgaard will spend. 

Let Sunderland spending 4 million on Will Griggs be a lesson. He wasn't on fire and only found any form when going from Sunderland to Milton Keynes on loan. He scored 4 in one match if that counts.

Arsenal should consider buying Pope as Leno is quite patchy.
    Lloris can do Brilliant saves but can also be hapless at times.

6 million from a 30 million sale would be excellent, we should be very grateful to Mr Duchatelet for having the foresight to include this clause.  :#

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Sage said:

If Pope leaves Burnley, it will only be a bonus to us. If he goes for £30mil, for example, we would be entitled to around £7-8mil.

Sandgaard and the recruitment team will be going for it this summer, but I don’t think anyone should expect us to be splashing the cash.

Let Sunderland spending 4 million on Will Griggs be a lesson. He wasn't on fire and only found any form when going from Sunderland to Milton Keynes on loan. He scored 4 in one match if that counts.

Arsenal should consider buying Pope as Leno is quite patchy.
    Lloris can do Brilliant saves but can also be hapless at times.

6 million from a 30 million sale would be excellent, we should be very grateful to Mr Duchatelet for having the foresight to include this clause.  :#

We should just buy him for £24m and loan him to Birmingham.
  • Options
    That is gutting for Pope that injury, still thought there was a chance of him being number 1 for this summer, and hoping he would be as I don't trust Pickford in the slightest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So it was Nick Pope not Pope Francis that was having a small knee op. Took some time for the correct info to come through.
    Depends how minor but time is running out.
  • Options
    Sad news for him but we all know that 99% of the time only 1 GK is needed for a major Finals tournament......and that will be either Pickford or Henderson. 
  • Options
    No big team is going to spend big money on a goalkeeper that can't play out from the back.

Sorry, but Pope will be staying exactly where he is. 
  • Options
    No big team is going to spend big money on a goalkeeper that can't play out from the back.

Or, he will follow Dyche, possibly to Palace
  • Options
    Arsenal and West Ham could do with him - neither would spend big though on a GK.
    Arsenal have Leno who is in the Germany squad for the Euro's and is the same age as Pope. No way do they need to sign Pope, especially with how tight Kroenke is.
  • Options

Or, he will follow Dyche, possibly to Palace
    I would be surprised even if Dyche went there because Palace have Butland and Guita. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

Roland will claim the sell on. He sold him and will claim first dibs.
    I don’t see anyone buying him.  He’s decent enough but he’d be expensive and he’s not good enough with his feet to play for anyone in the top echelons 
  • Options
    Sage said:

Surely Roland is a land and building owner only now. None of his business with sell-on fees anymore. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

Surely Roland is a land and building owner only now. None of his business with sell-on fees anymore. 
    I wouldnt put it past the old Bastard to include the clause in the takeover where he gets the sell on fees

Part of me cant see how that would be allowed in Football though, then again who knows with this Sport
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

I wouldnt put it past the old Bastard to include the clause in the takeover where he gets the sell on fees

Part of me cant see how that would be allowed in Football though, then again who knows with this Sport
    You’re probably right. I’d imagine that Sandgaard and Freshfields wouldn’t have let such a clause get through though. 
  • Options
    Apparently he is off to have an operation so until he gets back into action next season he won't be going anywhere 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Sage said:

You’re probably right. I’d imagine that Sandgaard and Freshfields wouldn’t have let such a clause get through though. 
    I suppose the other way of looking at it is the fact that Karlan Grant was sold under Roland, he then got sold to West Brom last summer... Sandgaard admitted that particular sell on wouldnt go into the squad (along with the Bonne transfer to Queens Park Rangers) but would be used to help run the club as there was no fan income.

So if there was a clause with Roland, why didnt he pocket that sell on as well...
  • Options
    I think Pickford is England's biggest weakness. He is capable of making great saves but a mistake is never too far away.

The same thing I always feel about Lloris.
    Henderson after his brilliant season at the blades two seasons ago didn't progress this season as he was on the bench for large parts of it.
    Sam Johnson will make the squad if Nick Pope isn't fit.
  • Options
    When did Pickford last cost England a goal ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This is the wrong question to ask as he has been costing goals. If an England manager decides, well he hasn't done it much for us, he is a crap manager.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This is the wrong question to ask as he has been costing goals. If an England manager decides, well he hasn't done it much for us, he is a crap manager.
    How is it the wrong question? Is it fair to drop a player that despite not hitting top form for Everton, has never left England down. It's not as if the alternatives are Alisson or Ederson either, Henderson has zero control of his box and Pope is injured. 
  • Options
    Not a chance Pickford wasnt going to be No1 keeper anyway. Southgate sticks to players that have done well for him in the past. Tbh Pickford has done ok for England so no big concerns for me in this instance. I have a feeling there will be more controversy involving other players starting rather than the keeper imo
  • Options
    Sage said:

If there is a sell on he could claim it was hee who agreed on the sale and therefore the clause should pay him as he or his representative signed it. 
    No chance, as otherwise all ex chairman who had sold a player would be doing the same thing. It would only work if he put it in the sale contract like he did at Liege, but that's (supposedly) illegal here.