Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho and the Lady Doctor.

Comments

• Options
    It will be a shame if she goes, she is the only thing about Chelsea I like.
  • Options
    This has zero to do with her being a woman.

She should be treated exactly how any man should be , with the respect deserved.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Jose's played a blinder again, Chelsea start the season relatively poorly with a bad result and all anyone can talk about is the doctor.

Yeah, that's what he's doing. Really tedious. I'm bored of him now.

A question about Mourinho. Is he a tedious arsehole because he's successful or is he successful because he's a tedious arsehole?
  • Options
    EastStand said:

"Jose Mourinho and the DOCTOR"

The reason i said Lady Doctor was Jose made a point of saying the medical staff should understand the rules, so the inference is there ?
    I was one of the biggest supporters of ladies football when the World cup was on and went to the ladies cup final( CAFC had no game that day)
    I like to see females involved in football, in whatever capacity
    CEO or Doctors, stops it becoming like a boys club.

• Options
    Im just amazed its taken this incident for a few people to only just seem to notice Mourinho is a total cock.
  • Options
    one more question (eat your heart out Columbo)

If i asked any football supporter before Saturday.
    Football doctors, which ones do you know,
    CAFC fans would have said our old boy and the Chelsea Lady. Only the two.
    She is high profile,(even more so now) that's a fact and until their are more females doing that job, of cause she will stand out.
  • Options
    Just textbook Mourinho being his usual look at me knobber
  • Options

foxjam said:

I think Jose had every right to be angry and to givie her a public bollocking. She made a big mistake which could have cost Chelsea a point. She compounded the error by resorting to social media. I think her position is untenable now so I expect her to leave soon. Which is unfortunate because I always liked seeing her face on the Chelsea bench.

Well I don't think medical staff should take tactics into consideration at all, only the well-being of the player. If they have to wait in order to make a decision, that could be valuable time lost. The game itself is irrelevant compared to the health of a player. Secondly, the reff waved on the medical staff. Thirdly, Mourinho has a go at them for not understanding tactics, when he's the one who can't beat Swansea at home with arguable the best squad in the country. A lot of people are saying it's a diversion tactic, obviously Mourinho is known for this, but this could cost this poor woman her job.
    Clearly Hazard was not seriously injured. The mistake of going onto the pitch is not what might cost her her job. It is her use of social media which I think is seen as the serious transgression.
    I must have missed that part of it, what did she do/say ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

foxjam said:

I think Jose had every right to be angry and to givie her a public bollocking. She made a big mistake which could have cost Chelsea a point. She compounded the error by resorting to social media. I think her position is untenable now so I expect her to leave soon. Which is unfortunate because I always liked seeing her face on the Chelsea bench.

Well I don't think medical staff should take tactics into consideration at all, only the well-being of the player. If they have to wait in order to make a decision, that could be valuable time lost. The game itself is irrelevant compared to the health of a player. Secondly, the reff waved on the medical staff. Thirdly, Mourinho has a go at them for not understanding tactics, when he's the one who can't beat Swansea at home with arguable the best squad in the country. A lot of people are saying it's a diversion tactic, obviously Mourinho is known for this, but this could cost this poor woman her job.
    Clearly Hazard was not seriously injured. The mistake of going onto the pitch is not what might cost her her job. It is her use of social media which I think is seen as the serious transgression.
    I must have missed that part of it, what did she do/say ?
    She said something like 'Thanks to all for your support' on fb or twitter
  • Options

I'm growing increasingly tired of Jose.
    I used to think he was good for the Premier League but his constant attention seeking ( or deflecting the stories from his team) is wearing a little thin.
    The Physio made a small mistake yet he's hung her out to dry. How childish.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this than meets the eye.

Jose, lost me, when he came out with all those proven lies, about the ref being in the opposition changing room, in a Champions League game.

I think the ref ended up quitting the game, because of all the threats he received.
  • Options
    I'm just glad it wasn't Pearson who had acted this way.

Had Leicester been down to 10 men last season and Pearson publicly had a go at his physio and doctor, banned them from the touchline despite the fact that both the ref and the injured player had called for assistance, some would argue that he deserved to be sacked.

But then one of Pearson's crimes (and he committed far more than Jose has ever done) to rebuke a poor, defenseless journo was far worse - and nothing like as minor as using the media to have a go at a couple of employees who should know better than to act in the interests of an injured player.
  • Options

Red - I assume your comment is in jest or it appears more than one person does not understand the laws of the game. I cannot be bothered to quote chapter and verse but in essence in the event of an injury to a player on the field of play IT IS THE REFEREE who makes the judgement and the decision to call a medic to attend the player on the field of play.

So the doctor in terms of her medical profession standards and under the laws of the game behaved EXACTLY as she should. I suggest Chelsea under employment law need to be very careful as to how they propose to handle any perceived wrong doing and any material changes to her contract.

For the avoidance of doubt the state and the stage of the game is absolutely irrelevant - THE MEDICAL WELFARE of the player is of primary importance AT ALL TIMES.

The only person being naïve is the manager of the club. If he stopped for a moment to consider the broader consequences of his response to the events then he would realise he chose to place his interests above those of his entire playing staff and the club. Something which I suspect is hardly surprising with the individual concerned.

In any such comparable situation he is firstly not medically qualified and secondly in no position to assess any injury to any player from the touchline. Indeed if he sought to interfere with anyone of his players receiving the appropriate medical he would put himself and the club at risk of subsequent legal action.

Clubs and their representatives have a medical responsibility to the players they employ. Mr Mourinho does not get to rewrite the rules.

The final irony is that I think you will find the player himself requested medical attention. Far be it for me to question whether this was in an attempt to either slow the pace of the game or waste time

In terms of subsequent activity it was the club via the manager who chose to put the issue in the public domain and there is therefore nothing inappropriate in responding to public expressions of support.

Why would you think it is in jest? Do you think that if Jose thought Hazard was seriously injured he would have an issue with her coming onto the field? How many times do you think he has stood on the touch line over the last 20 years? I think he knows when a player does not need urgent medical attention. Hazard did not require urgent medical attention. Jose knew this, the whole stadium knew this, I knew this, anyone who has watched top level football for any time knew this. You did not need any medical training to know this. If the referee thinks a player is seriously injured he can insist the medical team come onto the pitch. Most times, as in this incident, he stops play and gives permission for the medical team to come on. As I state above I think Hazard was more to blame than her.

Jose is required to talk to the media about the game after the match. And maybe a couple of players. Backroom staff, quite understandably, are probably under strict instructions not to say anything whatsoever to the media about a game or specific players without permission. You, and obviously many other people, are quite entitled to think she did nothing wrong by resorting to social media in the way she did. Chelsea FC are entitled to think otherwise.
  • Options
    I love Jose but he's well in the wrong on this one.

Not taking anything away from the situation or how good a physio she is but I do wonder if it would be as much of a big deal if it involved a big bald 50 year old male physio.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    A.) We love female staff
    B.) We love foreigners
    C.) RD, employ this lady immediately. Season ticket sales in West lower will go through the roof despite of the great ticket scandal of Summer '15.
  • Options
    I normally like Jose Mourinho, but I think he is wrong on this occasion. She was doing her job, the ref waved her on and if Hazard wasn't injured then Jose should aim his complaints at Hazard, not the physio.
  • Options
    I quite like Mourinho, and think English football is lucky to have him. He can, however, do some really stupid and excessively mean spirited things. Personally, I think he's completely wrong on this one, and should apologise profusely to the doctor. As I see it, the referee called the medical staff on, and as part of their duty care, which they're obliged to ensure as part of their profession, went to see the player. They can't disregard the hippocratic oath because it'll upset Jose.

I don't subscribe to the argument that the doctor shouldn't have "gone public" over the dispute on Facebook. What was said doesn't directly reference the incident, and even if it did, was in no way disrespectful to the club. Also, if anyone was disrespectful in a public forum, it was Mourinho's interview on Skysports after the game.
  • Options
    We better ask the Doc.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A.) We love female staff
    B.) We love foreigners
    C.) RD, employ this lady immediately. Season ticket sales in West lower will go through the roof despite of the great ticket scandal of Summer '15.

The only problem is, do we want Kelvin Mackenzie spouting off about "mini-skirted physios?"

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Barcelona and Real Madrid fans have Mourinho sussed. The enemy of football. Total prick. Many great managers are somewhat rude and unpleasant at times but he really revels in it. Sooner he leaves the PL the better it will be.
  • Options
    Who cares what Mackenzie spouts ?
  • Options
    as I never believe a premiership player is actually injured when he goes down on the deck I agree with Jose and she shouldn't have gone on the pitch...same way dowie shouldn't have let that (forgot the name of the player) get treated at Stamford bridge when we'd just conceded a corner (and then conceded a goal because we had a man off the pitch)...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    He's just looking for a star role in 'Dr Who-zay' upon retirement.

The Portuguese version.
  • Options
    Football ,and especially the prem, really has no class whatsoever.
    Which concerns me because a lot of kids watch it.
  • Options

I love Jose but he's well in the wrong on this one.

Not taking anything away from the situation or how good a physio she is but I do wonder if it would be as much of a big deal if it involved a big bald 50 year old male physio.

Well there is the male doctor involved in this is as well who went on the pitch at the same time, has received the same "punishment" and, unsurprisingly, it's not getting much attention
  • Options
    I can't say I'm disappointed as I'll start getting breakfast in bed again.
  • Options
    I used to enjoy Jose mixing it verbally with the likes of Fergie and Arsene, as I foolishly thought football needed a bit of big personality. Now it seems he feels the need to mix it and give grief to anyone, regardless of status (I remember him rather snootily telling pellegrino here in Spain that he personally, would'nt stop to manage Malaga). In this case, he's just wrong. Chelsea appear to be looking for a new phisio, and if she get's the push, I hope she and the PFA sue Chelsea and ease them of a couple of millions. It does'nt matter what sex the doctor is. If she's a qualified profesional, she has to take the decisión on medical grounds, and a mere manager should wonder why his squad could'nt beat Swansea at home.