Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho and the Lady Doctor.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    Katrien's idea no doubt.
  • Options
    Put her on the sofa and sell the team. It'll be more enjoyable viewing.
  • Options
    Could be a good signing judging by the amount of injuries we have at the moment
  • Options
    She's gonna be a new signing for our cheerleaders
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Gabriella Benson as head coach and the female doctor to replace the physio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Given our shocking record with injuries it might not be such a bad thing.

Sad truth though - I'd be fearful of some of the comments from our lumpyheaded fans when she runs onto the pitch for the first time

Wish I was as morally ethical as you Swisdom.......
  • Options
    We're gonna have even more injuries now, few groin strains here and there.. a few prolonged injuries needing extra assistance....
  • Options
    But nah in all seriousness, it would be nice to see some real quality grace the Valley turf for once..
  • Options
    I'd welcome her to the club, our current physio's and medical staff seem to take an age to get players back to fitness.

• Options
    In all seriousness, we have had too many players with relatively minor injuries that never seem to heal, or players who say they are unfit when the club disagrees. If I was RD I'd be questioning the medical team, the Igor situation for example is a shambles
  • Options
    But could it be the staff? Or is our injury prevention and recuperation facilities under-invested?

The top clubs have all have new technology which will ensure Hazard & co, are back within a couple of weeks. Might just be that we don't have the luxury of expensive advances.
  • Options
    Finally. A marquee signing!
  • Options
    The thread is obviously getting more interesting than ever. I'd be very glad if she signs with us - golden opportunity for me to brag about something after such a long dreadful run and I can't let it slip away. I've already shared this news on Weibo (China's equivalent of Twitter) using the unofficial Charlton Athletic account I created so this HAS to happen, lol. (I did use the 'rumour' tag though in case the deal falls through.)
  • Options
    It's not going to happen, is it?
    If you were working with the champions of England, would you really want to schlupp it out with Londons finest in the championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's not going to happen, is it?
    If you were working with the champions of England, would you really want to schlupp it out with Londons finest in the championship?

Do tend to agree with you, but we do not know what is on offer do we?
    Perhaps RD and KM are discussing the role across the network, and the plans at Sparrows lane will be a large part of that,
    The plans at Sparrows Lane have some excellent physio and sports science opportunities,
    Perhaps the good doctor may relish being part of building a new Cat 1 academy and build a team of her choice?
    We keep on haring how rich RD is, and working with a female CEO may have great appeal.
    Especially when you have worked at a place like Chelsea, and all the Ego driven prima donna's there?
    Just a thought?....... still do not think she will come though?
  • Options

There's no harm in saying she's an attractive lady etc but the treatment of the cheerleaders at Crystal Palace was embarrassing. I thought "get your tits out for the lads" finished in the 80's

Swisdom said:

Sad truth though - I'd be fearful of some of the comments from our lumpyheaded fans when she runs onto the pitch for the first time

• Options
    So one of the most qualified sports doctors is available to hire, it would be a failing of the club to not ask if she would be interested in a job leading the medical team.
  • Options
    I'm sure this will end up like most of the rumours she will not actually arrive at the valley. As for the injuries I think some of that is due to having a number of players from the continent that are just not use to the physical aspects of the English game. However I have feeling that some and in particular one just doesn't want to be there or play.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

There's no harm in saying she's an attractive lady etc but the treatment of the cheerleaders at Crystal Palace was embarrassing. I thought "get your tits out for the lads" finished in the 80's

Swisdom said:

It did. About the same time that cheerleaders at English football matches ended!
  • Options
    edited October 2015

The thread is obviously getting more interesting than ever. I'd be very glad if she signs with us - golden opportunity for me to brag about something after such a long dreadful run and I can't let it slip away. I've already shared this news on Weibo (China's equivalent of Twitter) using the unofficial Charlton Athletic account I created so this HAS to happen, lol. (I did use the 'rumour' tag though in case the deal falls through.)

So, is yours the only unofficial Charlton page on Weibo and how many followers do you have? Great stuff and keep passing on the good word. We may be in a poor run of form but the bad periods make the good ones that much sweeter for those who persevere.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

So one of the most qualified sports doctors is available to hire, it would be a failing of the club to not ask if she would be interested in a job leading the medical team.

It would be interesting to know what qualifications are available in this field, what ones Dr Carneiro has and what ones our current medical staff have. From what we've seen lately I'd imagine that we currently have something like this:

● Basic first aid certificate from St Johns Ambulance (Failed; applied for re-sit)
    ● Bachelors degree in aggravating sports injuries school of Tropical Medicine and Personal Torture
    ● 'Making it up as you go along' a Masters level course in imagination, inference and guesswork; Universiteit Hasselt
    ● Doctorate in asset devaluation, personally tutored by Professor Two Chalets
    ● 'Keeping your loved ones out of harms way' correspondence course written and directed by Josef Fritzl
    ● Post graduate diploma in bone manipulation from the John Colby School of Musculoskeletal Management
  • Options

So, is yours the only unofficial Charlton page on Weibo and how many followers do you have? Great stuff and keep passing on the good word. We may be in a poor run of form but the bad periods make the good ones that much sweeter for those who persevere.
    It is indeed the only one. I set it up 10 months ago and it currently has about 500 followers but the number is growing every week. It's already got more followers than the likes of Cardiff City, Birmingham, Bolton and Burnley. Clubs like Reading don't even have any accounts. I try to be as positive and professional as I can and hopefully I'll be able to maintain the account for years to come.
    Good stuff Jessie, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Goodness gracious, how flirtatious, goodness gracious me !