Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho and the Lady Doctor.

Comments

• cafcfan said:

That just does not make sense to me. She is hugely qualified and experienced as a football doctor/physio. Surely that disqualifies her from that role at Charlton.
    I'm not sure we could get anywhere near affording her salary what with out budget except on a (very) part-time consultancy basis. She could get £100k from a job as a GP.

Another reason it doesn't make sense is that any award for damages from an Employment Tribunal case of constructive dismissal may be reduced if the "victim" fails to mitigate their loss by, for example, looking for another job. I can't see why we'd need to wait before employing someone. (Unless a tribunal ruled against and was heavily critical of an individual). Now, a club of Chelsea's high standing wouldn't be mischief-making and planting stories in the press would they?

Is there anyone out there with first-hand experience? Airman?
    I agree with your interpretation.
  • Apparently, not something I trust but did hear it - she had an affair with Branislav Ivanovic - who then left his wife subsequently and it caused a bit problem within the dressing room. Ivanovic got dropped and Eva's now not at the club.

But in all seriousness, once other clubs hear of it I'm sure she'll be tempted elsewhere, even somewhere like Fulham or something; more money floating about and a better prospect for her.
  • I know this is sexist blah blah blah...but she is proper fit.

*squel* eurrghh, won't grown men ever stop being sexist? I'm so tired of living in a society where women are objectified. Blah blah blah. Won't anybody think of the children? I think you need to go on a guardian sponsored diversity course you absolute monster.

And now you've posted that unforgivable comment, I have decided that you are a sexist now and you always will be. I hope you never get employed again; better still you end up in prison.

• ross1 said:

Why are we thinking of employing her, when we already have a doctor, and how much will she cost? probably get a good championship player for the same and I know which I would rather join our club

Doc Frasers' licence is expiring soon and he's not renewing it. He wants to retire this we need a new doctor.

• I know this is sexist blah blah blah...but she is proper fit.

Maybe she'll reduce the swelling in Vetokele's pubis area.
  • Why would we go public with this if it wasn't a cynical ploy to gain to positive PR on the back of somebody in the news? What the f*** are we playing at?
  • drewman said:

I know this is sexist blah blah blah...but she is proper fit.

reduce?!

#sexistpig
  • Would be the only benefit of our players getting injured all the time.
  • Reminds me of David Brent appointing a secretary when he already has a secretary. The stupidity of our owners is simply baffling.
  • edited November 2015
    drewman said:

I'd imagine she'd have the opposite effect
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/chelsea-first-teamer-would-rather-lose-than-win-for-jose-mourinho-claims-bbc-reporter/ar-BBmIWL3?li=AA572I

So who's the player then ?

If Ivanovic was boning her & then Mourinho sacked her. It could explain why he has changed from a top top player, to a basket case this season ?
  • http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/chelsea-first-teamer-would-rather-lose-than-win-for-jose-mourinho-claims-bbc-reporter/ar-BBmIWL3?li=AA572I

So who's the player then ?

If Ivanovic was boning her & then Mourinho sacked her. It could explain why he has changed from a top top player, to a basket case this season ?

Fabregas apparently is that man. Can see him leaving very soon.
  • Yep. He's been terrible as well.

Mind you so has Cahill, Terry, Hazard ...........
  • ross1 said:

Why are we thinking of employing her, when we already have a doctor, and how much will she cost? probably get a good championship player for the same and I know which I would rather join our club

Think our Doctor is still a GP and is on hand on match days only. If she is available and we want her and she wants to come then why not if it improves the medical team.
  • ross1 said:

Think our Doctor is still a GP and is on hand on match days only. If she is available and we want her and she wants to come then why not if it improves the medical team.
    So, would we need extra on-site medical expertise as part of the seemingly holy grail of getting Cat One status for the academy?
  • Jose today:

"When you reach my level it's difficult to learn from others, you have to learn from yourself. I learn day by day."

Lol.
  • Does that mean he has to teach himself how not to be a dick?
  • edited November 2015
    drewman said:

"Removing" Mrs Vetokele might be a bit harsh...

Would be more than happy to accommodate her whilst Igor concentrates on getting fit and getting Charlton out of trouble
  • Not sure if anyone has linked to this already. In my experience of tribunals, this is the sort of thing they roll up, tie around your neck and hang you with!

Jose Mourinho immediately after an incident with Courtois in 2014:
    "On the bench I don’t communicate with the doctors. I just get [their] decisions. Can he stay? Yes. He has to leave? OK. No time to discuss, no medical qualities to discuss. They said yes at first, then after that said no. I was just worried for the kid. We have Dr Biosca, the head of the medical department, and he has his people. I always tell them that, when I’m on the bench, I don’t want to communicate with them. I just want them to give me a decision. They gave me their decision. For me, that’s correct. The club doctor or medical department should take control and responsibility.”

Source
  • Jose's got more important things to worry about than the doctor.

Like how his side has managed to lose eight League games already, are 17 points off the top, 15 points off a Champions League place and three points off the relegation zone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now the doc's gone , maybe she's on her way?
  • sammy391 said:

Now the doc's gone , maybe she's on her way?

Exactly what I thought earlier today.
  • Her appointment is going to be another cringefest from the club, que Katrien finally emerging from the shadows to say how wonderful this is. They'll probably also be some media stories praising Charlton for having both a female CEO and a female doctor at the club, completely uninformed about our current goings on.
  • edited December 2015
    She got more top level football experience than our manager.
  • sammy391 said:

has he gone? has that been announced?
  • edited December 2015

sammy391 said:

If so who's going to sign all the sick notes now then, we need to get another medical practitioner in pdq :wink:
  • sammy391 said:

He's retired, big article in the Wolves programme
  • sammy391 said:

He's only 33, but our history of injuries has taken its toll. ;)
  • sammy391 said:

ah, thanks.