Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho and the Lady Doctor.

Comments

• I believe you have to have a Doctor in attendance so will be interesting who takes up that role on Saturday
  • I believe you have to have a Doctor in attendance so will be interesting who takes up that role on Saturday

Knowing this lot it will probably be a can of Dr Pepper left on the poxy sofa.

Knowing this lot it will probably be a can of Dr Pepper left on the poxy sofa.
    What's the worst that could happen?
  • Won't need a doctor now, we've got the NHS call centre in the ticket office!
  • Breaking: Tribunal documents reveal Chelsea offered Dr Eva Carneiro £1.2m to settle her claims which was rejected.

— Richard Conway (@richard_conway) June 6, 2016
  • Good for her. Mourhino publicly humiliated her when she was doing her job in a professional way and then compounded it by refusing to have her on the bench. Did we hear him criticise Hazard for pretending to be injured? No of course not. He is an arrogant bully and if the tribunal actually comes to hearing evidence (so often these cases are 'settled' at the doors of the tribunal) I hope he is shown up as such.

Still can't believe a club of the stature of Man Utd have made him manager. Will bring nothing but embarrassment to them.
  • Is she still thinking of joining us as club doctor, or will she retire with her million pound payout?
  • Nug said:

Good for her. Mourhino publicly humiliated her when she was doing her job in a professional way and then compounded it by refusing to have her on the bench. Did we hear him criticise Hazard for pretending to be injured? No of course not. He is an arrogant bully and if the tribunal actually comes to hearing evidence (so often these cases are 'settled' at the doors of the tribunal) I hope he is shown up as such.

Still can't believe a club of the stature of Man Utd have made him manager. Will bring nothing but embarrassment to them.
    Desperate times etc.

The Glazers need someone to turn a 3 yr slump around by whatever means necessary before it does too much damage to their profit margins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I can't understand man u hiring a man who has won the European cup twice and the league in every league he has managed in apart from spain.

Doesn't make sense to me.

• He won La Liga in 2012 didn't he?
  • I wasn't sure on that didn't want someone picking me up on that :-)
  • A blatant and disgusting case of sexism and stupidity. The fact that the British media didn't seem to "turn on him" until the results went bad, as opposed to after this disgusting affair, is ridiculous.
  • SDAddick said:

A blatant and disgusting case of sexism and stupidity. The fact that the British media didn't seem to "turn on him" until the results went bad, as opposed to after this disgusting affair, is ridiculous.

Might be about to dig myself into trouble here... but I am not totally convinced it was sexism, at least not completely. Certainly it was stupid I won't argue that but Mourinho being who he is I am relatively sure he probably would have acted in the same way had the medical professional in question been male. What he did was wrong, of course it was... but would have been wrong regardless of gender.

• Whatever he said in Portuguese 'daughter of a whore' or something is, I think an ordinary Portuguese swear word/phrase that would be used just as readily for a man but then you would say Puto rather than puta or whatever.

Anyway I'm not trying to say he isn't an arrogant jumped up twat, his eye gouging incident also showed he is super chippy.

I'm not sure he is particularly against women.

Complete tool for trying to stop medical staff going on the pitch when the ref had asked them to.

I hope he spends big at United and fails spectacularly. Shadenfreude.
  • Yeah I can't understand man u hiring a man who has won the European cup twice and the league in every league he has managed in apart from spain.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Can't argue with his record but to me Man Utd were always a class above don't know why, Matt Busby, Bobby Charlton even Ferguson had my respect but this bloke is just has a nasty, moaning, arrogant personality, perfect for Chelsea, not sure he's fit to represent them in my opinion. They missed out on Klopp.
  • If you're in trouble and need to stay up you employ Pulis or Allardyce, if you're a big club and want instant success, you go for Mourinho. He'll spend big, bring them success, then be on his way within 2-3 years, the same as he is at every club.
  • Big Sam with a cheque book.
  • thenewbie said:

SDAddick said:

A blatant and disgusting case of sexism and stupidity. The fact that the British media didn't seem to "turn on him" until the results went bad, as opposed to after this disgusting affair, is ridiculous.

Might be about to dig myself into trouble here... but I am not totally convinced it was sexism, at least not completely. Certainly it was stupid I won't argue that but Mourinho being who he is I am relatively sure he probably would have acted in the same way had the medical professional in question been male. What he did was wrong, of course it was... but would have been wrong regardless of gender.

I don't necessarily disagree, though I'd add there was also a male member of medical staff who wasn't called out (if I remember correctly). It's one of those where I'd say sexism may not have been the primary intent, the intent was distraction, or "mind games," but I would still say it was sexist...if that makes sense. Using the forum to get over writer's block, and am suffering from hay fever so I'm not at me best today.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

thenewbie said:

SDAddick said:

I don't necessarily disagree, though I'd add there was also a male member of medical staff who wasn't called out (if I remember correctly). It's one of those where I'd say sexism may not have been the primary intent, the intent was distraction, or "mind games," but I would still say it was sexist...if that makes sense. Using the forum to get over writer's block, and am suffering from hay fever so I'm not at me best today.
    The man I believe was merely the assistant to the 'main' doctor so calling her out was by extension calling him out also I would say. Mourinho threw the entire medical team to the dogs as part of his mind games (albeit it backfired dramatically) but Carneiro being the most senior member of that team took the brunt of it... as she would if she had been male, in my opinion.

Which does not make it right by any means, of course.
  • Looks like he's going to get hauled over the coals in public though as Eva has turned down £1.2m offer to stop the tribunal hearings.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella.

Hope it doesn't distract him too much from his new job, wasting lots of money.
  • thenewbie said:

SDAddick said:

thenewbie said:

SDAddick said:

The man I believe was merely the assistant to the 'main' doctor so calling her out was by extension calling him out also I would say. Mourinho threw the entire medical team to the dogs as part of his mind games (albeit it backfired dramatically) but Carneiro being the most senior member of that team took the brunt of it... as she would if she had been male, in my opinion.

Which does not make it right by any means, of course.
    Thanks for clarifying, I'd forgotten what the hierarchy between the two was.

I'll amend my previous statement and just say it was a disgusting affair that may have had sexist overtones.
  • I think that's fair. Whether or not the INTENT was sexist, it certainly could be taken as such. And even if not, it was a rude, boorish and frankly rather foolish thing to do to ANYONE... as Mourinho soon discovered.
  • Eva Carneiro is a true heroine, turning down 1.2 million quid so that she can put that arrogant twat in his place.
  • Eva Carneiro is a true heroine, turning down 1.2 million quid so that she can put that arrogant twat in his place.

If she can show sexual discrimination, the damages are, I believe, unlimited. I don't think it's so much turning down £1.2m as hanging on for more. And I hope she gets it!
  • Rizzo said:

Eva Carneiro is a true heroine, turning down 1.2 million quid so that she can put that arrogant twat in his place.

If she can show sexual discrimination, the damages are, I believe, unlimited. I don't think it's so much turning down £1.2m as hanging on for more. And I hope she gets it!
    I thought she was suing for wrongful dismissal though maybe it was on basis of sexual discrimination, and also that it's actually the club rather than Mourinho personally. In either case I am sure the potential ruling could give her well above the 1.2million pay off to avoid embarrassment of the club.
  • SDAddick said:

When I think of the real victims of sexism that exists in the world today, especially in Muslim countries, I find this over the top reaction a little bit offensive. As Bill Maher often says, a lot of today's PC Liberals have lost the power of independent and rational thought. They speak and think using tired and irrelevant labels and memes.
  • Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro settles constructive dismissal claim against the club, on confidential terms
  • I predicted that might happen in my earlier post. Sadly not even a public apology from Mourhino.