Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho and the Lady Doctor.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Stig said:

Rothko said:

So one of the most qualified sports doctors is available to hire, it would be a failing of the club to not ask if she would be interested in a job leading the medical team.

It would be interesting to know what qualifications are available in this field, what ones Dr Carneiro has and what ones our current medical staff have. From what we've seen lately I'd imagine that we currently have something like this:

● Basic first aid certificate from St Johns Ambulance (Failed; applied for re-sit)
    ● Bachelors degree in aggravating sports injuries school of Tropical Medicine and Personal Torture
    ● 'Making it up as you go along' a Masters level course in imagination, inference and guesswork; Universiteit Hasselt
    ● Doctorate in asset devaluation, personally tutored by Professor Two Chalets
    ● 'Keeping your loved ones out of harms way' correspondence course written and directed by Josef Fritzl
    ● Post graduate diploma in bone manipulation from the John Colby School of Musculoskeletal Management
    Very unfair even in jest

Erol Umut - Head Physiotherapist

St Georges Hospital Medical School
    BSc, Physiotherapy
    2001 – 2004

University of Greenwich
    BSc, Sports Science
    1998 – 2001

Dr John Fraser - First Team Doctor
    MB BS MRCGP DOM Dip H & S (London 1986) MSc Occ. Health
    Dr Fraser is our Practice representative on the Surrey Heath Commissioning Group Board and has recently taken over as Medical Director for the CCG.

Laurence Bloom - Head of Sport Science
    Laurence graduated in 2004 from Middlesex University with a degree in Sports Rehabilitation & Injury Prevention. Since then he’s completed an MSc in Strength & Conditioning from Salford University and gained a number of professional qualifications, including; UKSCA, NSCA (CSCS), BWLA tutor award & the FA Fitness Trainers Award.

• well the Doctor we have sitting on the bench each game is getting on in years and so maybe he wants to step down and if Ms Caniero (sp?) is available then we'd be stupid to not at least discuss it with her.
  • The thread is obviously getting more interesting than ever. I'd be very glad if she signs with us - golden opportunity for me to brag about something after such a long dreadful run and I can't let it slip away. I've already shared this news on Weibo (China's equivalent of Twitter) using the unofficial Charlton Athletic account I created so this HAS to happen, lol. (I did use the 'rumour' tag though in case the deal falls through.)

So, is yours the only unofficial Charlton page on Weibo and how many followers do you have? Great stuff and keep passing on the good word. We may be in a poor run of form but the bad periods make the good ones that much sweeter for those who persevere.
    It is indeed the only one. I set it up 10 months ago and it currently has about 500 followers but the number is growing every week. It's already got more followers than the likes of Cardiff City, Birmingham, Bolton and Burnley. Clubs like Reading don't even have any accounts. I try to be as positive and professional as I can and hopefully I'll be able to maintain the account for years to come.
    500?!?! I thought you, me and Siv are the only middle kingdom addicts.
  • Stig said:

Rothko said:

So one of the most qualified sports doctors is available to hire, it would be a failing of the club to not ask if she would be interested in a job leading the medical team.

It would be interesting to know what qualifications are available in this field, what ones Dr Carneiro has and what ones our current medical staff have. From what we've seen lately I'd imagine that we currently have something like this:

● Basic first aid certificate from St Johns Ambulance (Failed; applied for re-sit)
    ● Bachelors degree in aggravating sports injuries school of Tropical Medicine and Personal Torture
    ● 'Making it up as you go along' a Masters level course in imagination, inference and guesswork; Universiteit Hasselt
    ● Doctorate in asset devaluation, personally tutored by Professor Two Chalets
    ● 'Keeping your loved ones out of harms way' correspondence course written and directed by Josef Fritzl
    ● Post graduate diploma in bone manipulation from the John Colby School of Musculoskeletal Management
    Very unfair even in jest

Erol Umet - Head Physiotherapist

BSc, Physiotherapy
    2001 – 2004

University of Greenwich
    BSc, Sports Science
    1998 – 2001

Dr John Fraser - First Team Doctor
    MB BS MRCGP DOM Dip H & S (London 1986) MSc Occ. Health
    Dr Fraser is our Practice representative on the Surrey Heath Commissioning Group Board and has recently taken over as Medical Director for the CCG.

Laurence Bloom - Head of Sport Science
    Laurence graduated in 2004 from Middlesex University with a degree in Sports Rehabilitation & Injury Prevention. Since then he’s completed an MSc in Strength & Conditioning from Salford University and gained a number of professional qualifications, including; UKSCA, NSCA (CSCS), BWLA tutor award & the FA Fitness Trainers Award.

alright Dr, keep your stethoscope on :wink:
  • Give it time and we'll have a female CEO, female club doctor and female manager.

Not necessarily because Katrien is on a crusade to promote women in football... but because we'll have run out of male managers to hire.
  • edited October 2015

Stig said:

Rothko said:

So

Very unfair even in jest

Erol Umet - Head Physiotherapist

BSc, Physiotherapy
    2001 – 2004
    University of Greenwich

BSc, Sports Science
    1998 – 2001
    Do you mean Erol Umut?

:wink:
  • Give it time and we'll have a female CEO, female club doctor and female manager.

Not necessarily because Katrien is on a crusade to promote women in football... but because we'll have run out of male managers to hire.

Katrien Meire CEO
    Eva Carneiro Club Doctor

As CAFC fans we live in hope, And CP was loved by many, so it got to be ?

Hope Powell.
  • Wasn't she the junior doctor on the Chelsea team (she just got all the attention because she's an attractive female) if so then maybe what she's being offered is a step up even if at a smaller club.

Plus she won't get pestered by Terry every day.
  • The thread is obviously getting more interesting than ever. I'd be very glad if she signs with us - golden opportunity for me to brag about something after such a long dreadful run and I can't let it slip away. I've already shared this news on Weibo (China's equivalent of Twitter) using the unofficial Charlton Athletic account I created so this HAS to happen, lol. (I did use the 'rumour' tag though in case the deal falls through.)

So, is yours the only unofficial Charlton page on Weibo and how many followers do you have? Great stuff and keep passing on the good word. We may be in a poor run of form but the bad periods make the good ones that much sweeter for those who persevere.
    It is indeed the only one. I set it up 10 months ago and it currently has about 500 followers but the number is growing every week. It's already got more followers than the likes of Cardiff City, Birmingham, Bolton and Burnley. Clubs like Reading don't even have any accounts. I try to be as positive and professional as I can and hopefully I'll be able to maintain the account for years to come.
    500?!?! I thought you, me and Siv are the only middle kingdom addicts.
    You were right. We Are the only Charlton fans. Those followers are just very interested in our club. Most of them are fans of (lower league) English football in general. But I'm happy with that and it's always a pleasure to pass the word and share latest CAFC news with them.
  • Great stuff JessieAddick, let us know when your followers number overtakes that of the formal club twitter feed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Great stuff JessieAddick, let us know when your followers number overtakes that of the formal club twitter feed!

Ha, thanks! A post I want to both 'like' and 'lol'. :wink:
  • Quick thought on our injuries - we do buy cheap players often with a bit of a history of being in and out of their previous teams. I think some of our recruits are naturally a little more fragile than your average footballer hence their cheaper cost.
  • That just does not make sense to me. She is hugely qualified and experienced as a football doctor/physio. Surely that disqualifies her from that role at Charlton.
  • Maybe things are a changing?
  • That just does not make sense to me. She is hugely qualified and experienced as a football doctor/physio. Surely that disqualifies her from that role at Charlton.
    I'm not sure we could get anywhere near affording her salary what with out budget except on a (very) part-time consultancy basis. She could get £100k from a job as a GP.

Another reason it doesn't make sense is that any award for damages from an Employment Tribunal case of constructive dismissal may be reduced if the "victim" fails to mitigate their loss by, for example, looking for another job. I can't see why we'd need to wait before employing someone. (Unless a tribunal ruled against and was heavily critical of an individual). Now, a club of Chelsea's high standing wouldn't be mischief-making and planting stories in the press would they?

Is there anyone out there with first-hand experience? Airman?
  • Hire a doctor in the media spotlight, take the focus off of the increasing discontent of fans throughout the media. Announcement made just before Ipswich game.

Cynical? Moi?
  • Sponsored links:

• "although they (CAFC) will have to bide their time while her case against Chelsea remains unresolved"
    This is a non-story. It will not happen.
    FACT
  • Another publicity stunt, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the medical team one of the only teams that's fully staffed ...
  • I know this is sexist blah blah blah...but she is proper fit.

It's a plan to improve the match day experience. The club are going to be offering free prostate examinations.
  • Its all a smokescreen, she is being offered the job as Relocation Officer when we sell the Valley.

• iaitch said:

Its all a smokescreen, she is being offered the job as Relocation Officer when we sell the Valley.

Heather Rabbatt has already been offered that .
  • Why are we thinking of employing her, when we already have a doctor, and how much will she cost? probably get a good championship player for the same and I know which I would rather join our club
  • Ms Meire may think its a good publicity stunt. Women in football etc.

• se9addick said:

That just does not make sense to me. She is hugely qualified and experienced as a football doctor/physio. Surely that disqualifies her from that role at Charlton.
    She's the new manager mate.
    That'll do me.
  • edited November 2015
    She's coming in on an interim basis with her wages undisclosed