Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott - loaned to Colchester

Comments

• Options
    Col U are my local club, so will watch with interest. As has been said above, they have a good record of developing loan players and they will give young players a chance (financially, they have no choice!). Currently they have quite a few very promising young lads who just need a more experienced hand to give them some guidance - they have recently brought in the likes of Ambrose and Garvan for just that reason. Although he is far from old, it could be the ideal opportunity for Callum to develop and to play a leadership role, so I really hope he blossoms.
  • Options

Anyone going to Colchester so we can shout abuse at Ambrose AND Harriott?

They often come in threes, so not just yet mate best wait until Simon Francis takes a step down :wink:
  • Options
    are Col U still League 1?
  • Options

are Col U still League 1?

Yes albeit 2nd from bottom at the mo.
  • Options

Do we really need to slag him off. Good luck Callum.

keep up shooters :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm surprised it has taken so long for Harriott to go out on loan to a
    League 1 club ?

After hitting the bar in the 1st match last season at Brentford, when Button was no where to be seen, his season went downhill and should of gone out on loan in Jan. when a player is struggling you don't need to be an expert to know this.
    Like Greenie, he can prove me wrong, but how do you give a player a football brain and a good 1st touch if it's not there after 14 years of playing and training ?
    As you can tell with the comments on CL by some and the Booing of his name in the warm ups, was becoming toxic,
    New start very much overdue for both parties.
  • Options
    I hope it works for Callum and he comes back a better player for it, just need to move Bikey and Nego now, and then look to bring in a player or two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Must mean we have a replacement ready. Do we know how long he's gone on loan for?

Can't see that. He's barely featured under GL and when he has this season his contribution has been negligible, thus no 'replacement' required. If he's en route essex it will be to not have too many spare limbs around the training ground.
  • Options
    Must say I agree, some peop
  • Options
    Hope he does well. His decision making needs the most improvement. Has pace, decent shot, decent touch seems well liked. But often makes the wrong decision at key moments.
  • Options
    I presume this means Luzon is going for Pennant, and/or is sure that the James Henry deal will definitely go ahead.
  • Options

I presume this means Luzon is going for Pennant, and/or is sure that the James Henry deal will definitely go ahead.

Maybe.

Harriot, Wiggins, Pigott and Bikey were all flagged up as moving on some months ago by the SLP so maybe taking their wages of the wage bill was already factored in.

There are plenty of other players out there in any case, Doesn't have to be Pennant or Henry.
  • Options
    Isn't James Henry a character from one of the famous five books? He's the one that stays up in his room because his nanny thinks he is sickly, but he escapes and goes on an adventure with the famous five and when he gets home his dad says "Good heavens! I've never seen you look so healthy! It's early morning walks with Patch for you from now on my boy!" And lashings of Ginger Ale.
  • Options
    I had the pleasure of seeing his 1st league goal in the 1-0 away win at Huddersfield in March 2013 and his second in the 6-0 record away win at Barnsley the following month. Shame he hasn't progressed since the end of Riga's reign, good luck to the lad for the future with whoever if not us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe.

Harriot, Wiggins, Pigott and Bikey were all flagged up as moving on some months ago by the SLP so maybe taking their wages of the wage bill was already factored in.

There are plenty of other players out there in any case, Doesn't have to be Pennant or Henry.
    Indeed; could be another we don't know about. To be fair, I know nothing about James Henry in the sense of if he's any good or not. Either way, can't see Luzon letting Harriott go on loan unless he was pretty confident there'd be someone to take his place in the squad. It's not as if it's a squad bulging with excess players.
  • Options

Must mean we have a replacement ready. Do we know how long he's gone on loan for?

Can't see that. He's barely featured under GL and when he has this season his contribution has been negligible, thus no 'replacement' required. If he's en route essex it will be to not have too many spare limbs around the training ground.
    I understand what you are saying and that, based on his contribution, his place in the squad won't really be missed. What it does do however is free up his wage cost to perhaps contribute to the cost of a new player who would feature in GL's plans.
  • Options
    I would like to see Callum come back better for this spell, but I just don't think he's consistent enough and can make it in a team that has aspirations for the Prem. I also think that going to a team struggling at the bottom of league 1 might not be the best option for him.

I know that's not entirely down to him given he needed to move on, but I was hoping he could get a league 1 team more in with a shout of promotion etc. obviously it's early days, I don't know much about Col U, but they've been perennial strugglers for a couple of seasons now. I just would've preferred he got a better club
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    IA said:

He'll have to get his kid a Southend kit.

There are funny comments and there are abusive comments.

This have been given the funny comment by 13 CL's at the last count,
    Because it is.

It can be a narrow line between the two.

I will say again if you call yourself Calum Messi you are asking for trouble unless you are the dogs Bolloc**

• Options
    Loan until January apparently. Hopefully get some regular match time..........
  • Options

You should read the usual charlton Facebook Trolls. It's amazing what idiots we have supporting this club. Good luck Callum

If they are idiot trolls, why would I want to read what they are saying?

Good luck CH.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see how he does at that level. Could be decent. Good luck CH.
  • Options
    Good luck Callum. Maybe that will be your level.