Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott - loaned to Colchester

Comments

• Options

Too many people forget that Callum was instrumental in keeping us up twice. I really hope he finds himself at Colchester because there's a decent player in there. Best of luck fella.

What do you want for Christmas ?
  • Options
    Made the starting team today. Good luck Cally!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

If he gets pictured in a Colchester shirt, that will 100% prove he's disrespectful and a bad egg - booooooooooooooooo

Oh dear! :wink:

• Options
    Good luck Harriott
  • Options
    Stig said:

If he gets pictured in a Colchester shirt, that will 100% prove he's disrespectful and a bad egg - booooooooooooooooo

Oh dear! :wink:

What a disgrace

:smiley:
  • Options
    Played the full 90 for Colchester, who came back to draw 2-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We clearly missed him at Wolves

; - )
  • Options
    Hope he comes back even better.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Had an assist and won the Man of the Match award

Well done Callum

Too right.

He works bloody hard and does his bit off the field for the club and community. People forget he is only 21 and has had a tough time of late. Deserves to enjoy his football again and gain the bit of confidence he has lost.

The boy has talent, he just needs a break and chance to find his feet again.

Well done Callum, hope he comes back in January ready for our first team.
    What tough time has he had? Genuine question.
  • Options
    The Essex messi. Good luck Callum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

wmcf123 said:

se9addick said:

Thought he'd have got a bigger club - hope it works out. Disappointed his career hasn't kicked on.

L1, so only one division down. Quite near, so our scouts can easily monitor him, but far enough away from London to get him away from "London distractions", so sounds fine to me
    Does he actually have London distractions or are people just making up excuses for him ?
    I think he is low on confidence and is tactically naive. He was outstanding at the end of 2012/13; that player must still be in there
    How will leaving London fix any of that though ?

As far as I can see Harriott's problems are footballing related rather than lifestyle but I wasn't sure if I had missed something.
    Playing at a lower level in a different setting, with more forgiving fans
  • Options
    Sage said:

ChiAddick said:

Sage said:

Well done Callum

Too right.

He works bloody hard and does his bit off the field for the club and community. People forget he is only 21 and has had a tough time of late. Deserves to enjoy his football again and gain the bit of confidence he has lost.

Exactly what @Athletico Charlton said above.

That for a 21 year old having scored some important goals to help keep us up when Riga was in charge, for Peeters to come in, change his position and zap his confidence, that was the beginning.

Luzon came in and I remember Harriott playing out wide right one game, he fell over the ball and hurt his ankle, came off at half time and never really got a look in since.

People have continuously got on his back, whilst as football fans are, we are a fickle lot. Say how great he is when playing well, but how shit he is when he's not.

I believe that had he not burst onto the scene at such a young age, maybe prematurely, he wouldn't have got as much abuse, people seem to forget his age and how hard it can be for a winger, especially one when the man clearly has no confidence.

I am expecting replies of are you his dad or his agent, are you Callum himself etc. But all I'm trying to explain is that he works hard and I hope this loan gives him the chance to show his ability and come back into the team in the new year. In my opinion, that's the least the boy deserves.
    Lest it be forgotten that Harriot was dreadful for most of the 13/14 season and indeed for most of that game against Watford, bar the 2 goals. His confidence had gone long before BP took over
  • Options
    Sage said:

ChiAddick said:

Sage said:

Well done Callum

Too right.

Exactly what @Athletico Charlton said above.

That for a 21 year old having scored some important goals to help keep us up when Riga was in charge, for Peeters to come in, change his position and zap his confidence, that was the beginning.

Luzon came in and I remember Harriott playing out wide right one game, he fell over the ball and hurt his ankle, came off at half time and never really got a look in since.

People have continuously got on his back, whilst as football fans are, we are a fickle lot. Say how great he is when playing well, but how shit he is when he's not.

I believe that had he not burst onto the scene at such a young age, maybe prematurely, he wouldn't have got as much abuse, people seem to forget his age and how hard it can be for a winger, especially one when the man clearly has no confidence.

I am expecting replies of are you his dad or his agent, are you Callum himself etc. But all I'm trying to explain is that he works hard and I hope this loan gives him the chance to show his ability and come back into the team in the new year. In my opinion, that's the least the boy deserves.
    No it was a genuine question. I thought there may have been some family bereavement or something.

I like Harriot and as I said in a previous post, there is a good footballer there with some excellent attributes that just need unearthing.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Personally, I believe Harriott, is one of those players, that have to look at the ball.
    This is particularly problematic, as he tries to dribble with the ball.
    He can't look up and see what's happening around him and therefore, he runs into trouble and doesn't pass, when he should.

If he simplified his game and did less dribbling. It would give him a better opportunity to look up and find a man.
  • Options
    The lad has got 2 assists tonight
  • Options
    Well played young man. Keep it up.