Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott - loaned to Colchester

Comments

• Options

Colchester won 3-2 at Sheff Utd tonight.

Bastards. That result lost me £400.
  • Options
    Sheffield United will come good
  • Options
    Bring him back he is ten times better then Cousins on the left.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd cost the Mrs 3,600 on Saturday on a £2 stake. Glad they lost tonight, hope they get relegated the b@stards
  • Options

Sordell scored the winner (and got an assist)

Callum was replaced after 75 minutes by Darren Ambrose!
  • Options

Sordell scored the winner (and got an assist)

Callum was replaced after 75 minutes by Darren Ambrose!
    Sounds like a Charlton love in.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    We desperately need to recall this guy. Even though he isn't that great, We need a real out out wide man on the left. Makes no sense we let him go
  • Options
    Bring him back..bring him back..etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fox and Harriott is an excellent left sided combination. Just not in this league.
  • Options

We desperately need to recall this guy. Even though he isn't that great, We need a real out out wide man on the left. Makes no sense we let him go

It made sense to me. Callum was low on confidence and was in a downward spiral. Let's hope he continues to do well at Colchester, get really match fit/sharp and return to Charlton as the confident, decent player that we know he can be.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Bring him back he is ten times better then Cousins on the left.

unfortunately he's not, much as I dislike seeing Cousins out there - I'd still put him ahead of Harriott
  • Options
    Anyone scoring a hat-trick in the Championship is not pony as some posters would have it; wide players wrongly judged on delivery rather than balance of line-up. Unsure why Luzon does't rate him especially when the squad has no recognised wingers. Is there a recall clause?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really pleased for Callum

In the build up to the first goal for Colchester he seemed to be playing down the middle though as part of a 4-3-3 rather than hugging the touchline as a Left-Midfielder (when he was with us) even when he was slightly on the left when he scored yesterday.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt this how he played when coming through the U18s and U21s for us, then of course has always been thrown into a 4-4-2 formation for us
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Anyone scoring a hat-trick in the Championship is not pony as some posters would have it; wide players wrongly judged on delivery rather than balance of line-up. Unsure why Luzon does't rate him especially when the squad has no recognised wingers. Is there a recall clause?

Marvin Sordell hat trick against Wednesday. (could never replicate that day)
    Calum Harriott Hat trick against Blackpool. (the season before last)

If the Blackpool match had not ended the 2013/2014 season then Calum may of gone on to bigger and better things.

The next league game he played was against Brentford away(new head coach) for the first match of the season and hit the crossbar with Button out of the goal.
    His season started badly then it fell away with him playing poorly and some of the crowd letting him know it. When you are booed when your name is read out it's time for a loan,(or a transfer) or to prove them wrong (after a loan)

LouisMend 100% agree.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Was at the game on Saturday (as a mutual of course) and first half Callum looked the bollocks! Chipping in with an well worked assist and a cracking finish even though the gills defence should have done better with masseys run! Second half he looked quick and had his tail up but around the hour mark went in with a stupid tackle and arguable should have been sent off. Watching him play like this makes me think he could do a job for us as cousins if not a LM but just looks disinterested everytime he pulls on the charlton strip.
  • Options

Was at the game on Saturday (as a mutual of course) and first half Callum looked the bollocks! Chipping in with an well worked assist and a cracking finish even though the gills defence should have done better with masseys run! Second half he looked quick and had his tail up but around the hour mark went in with a stupid tackle and arguable should have been sent off. Watching him play like this makes me think he could do a job for us as cousins if not a LM but just looks disinterested everytime he pulls on the charlton strip.

Where did he play? What sort of system/formation?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Where did he play? What sort of system/formation?

4-3-3 he was on the left. the front 3 looked solid! Not sure many defences will be able to stop them. @IA
  • Options

I often like to visit places as a mutual :lol:
  • Options
    colchester are playing Swindon this weekend. I picked up a copy of the Swindon Advertiser (as you do - I'm on the M4) and there is a feature on Calum as he the man to watch. Apparently he has provided seven assists and a goal so far