Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• Options
    The miracle in the middle east is on! Pakistan 12-2.
  • Options
    If there is a result in this game the match fixing conspiracy theorists will have a field day!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    35-2 at lunch. England lose review after Buttler 'caught' Hafeez off Rashid.
  • Options
    Stokes with a good piece of fielding to run out Hafeez, 52-3. Rashid looking much better second dig, as you would hope.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Rashid got a chance for a double century of his own - currently 0-186 for the match.
  • Options
    Rashid has a wicket!!
  • Options
    Ruined his average.

Previously had average of 0.0 and you can't get lower than that!
  • Options

Rashid has a wicket!!

Hallelujah ;-)

• Options
    167-8.

93 lead with 20+ overs left.

Good call Sillybilly.
  • Options
    Rashid just took the 9th wicket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rashid wraps it up next ball. Game on.
  • Options
    What a find Rashid is.

Five for on debut.
  • Options
    I smell a rat
  • Options
    Four boring days, one exciting one.
  • Options

Basically the only interesting thing left in this match may well be how many will Cook get?

Erm....
  • Options

Basically the only interesting thing left in this match may well be how many will Cook get?

Erm....
    To be fair you can do that with 90% of the posts on this thread. Come on England.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I predict that the Pakistani bowlers are going to have some catastrophic shoelace issues if we get anywhere near their total. In fact if they don't then they're in on the fix.
  • Options
    Buttler opening.

Good captaincy.
  • Options
    Pakistan are doing everything they can to time waste. Just like Jimmy and Monty back in 2009 in Cardiff...
  • Options
    Bairstow stumped charging down the pitch. Looks like were out of time. :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems very odd that sixteen wickets fall in a day after essentially nothing happens for the first four. Just call me a cynic! Somewhat ironic running out of time after playing for five days!
  • Options
    Well Pakistan cheated their way out of that one nicely...
  • Options
    Bad light, draw
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance here, but the floodlights are on aren't they? How can it be that the light isn't good enough? It's common knowledge that the sun goes down before 6 at this time of year out here, so how can light be a factor before the official time of close of play when floodlights are being used?
  • Options

The truth is every international team would have time wasted in that situation.
  • Options
    Only a couple of weeks ago Malik was done out of a probable matchwinning century by the light...swings and roundabouts
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ruined his average.

Previously had average of 0.0 and you can't get lower than that!

If I was being pedantic I would explain that zero wickets constitutes an average of infinity... but I'll let you have your point!
  • Options

Exactly what every team in the world would have done. And, if the position had been reversed, and Cook had bowled all his overs and lost, what would the press have done?
  • Options

Excuse my ignorance here, but the floodlights are on aren't they? How can it be that the light isn't good enough? It's common knowledge that the sun goes down before 6 at this time of year out here, so how can light be a factor before the official time of close of play when floodlights are being used?

This is among the LEAST ignorant of posts. I love the game of cricket, including all its intricacies, foibles and traditions. But how a modern sport can countenance a match being played under floodlights, after five days, being called off as a draw is beyond comprehension.

If the ICC want to kill Test cricket, they've made a great case with this match.
  • Options
    Pakistan will now be fined for slow play - it is ludicrous that the umpires have no power to hurry them up nor any possible in match sanctions.