Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• 311-4 at lunch and a lead of 447. Think they have enough now!

Younis is 111* and in the process reached the 9000 Test land mark. Not only that but he now averages over 50 both home and away and does the same in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th innings of the Tests he's played in. Not many do that.
  • 354-6 declared

Just the small matter of 491 to win - and break every record to do so!
  • Ali out. Simply not a Test opener.
  • Ali out. Simply not a Test opener.

Barely a test spinner.
  • Cook, who had been moving gingerly all morning, top edges a sweep and is out for 10.
  • If anyone wants to see some slightly more entertaining cricket switch over to the SA innings against India.
  • edited October 2015
    SA scored 438-4 off their 50 overs - the equal 3rd highest ODI score of all time and just six short of beating the record. That included 229 off the last 20 overs and 144 off the final 10.

De Koch 109 (87)
    Du Plessis retired hurt 133 (115)
    De Villiers 119 (61)

• Meanwhile back in the real world England are 85-2 off 32

Bell 36* (87)
    Root 35* (67)

We need to survive a minimum of 112 more overs
  • Bell given out caught behind off his glove following a review by Pakistan for 46 (122)

121-3

Root 56* (108)
  • 130-3 off 54 at close so 361 behind

Root 59* (134)
    Bairstow 6* (33)
  • Sponsored links:

• Off topic but how was the sofa yesterday?

Root 59* (134)
    Bairstow 6* (33)

In Root we trust.
  • MrOneLung said:

Off topic but how was the sofa yesterday?

Comfy thanks! Seb probably enjoyed it more than me because he was close to the action but there were times when we had to rely on the big screen because of silly things like players warming up.

We were interviewed before the game for CAFC Youtube. Hoping the end of it is included because Seb had to make a reaction save from Henderson!
  • Glad he enjoyed it.

Apparently Kent are installing one at fourth slip next year.

Root 59* (134)
    Bairstow 6* (33)

See this is what confuses me about England and the use of a night watchman in this case (or not).

Not that I am an expert in cricket i'm certainly not and i'm certainly no fan of a night watchman but with 30 mins left at Day 4, the series still 0-0 and tomorrow's objective to bat the day out this is probably the one scenario where I could agree with a night watchman coming in to hopefully see out the last 30 mins. As it turned out Bairstow managed to see out that final 30 mins but I can't for the life of me see why this scenario didn't justify the need for a night watchman but there was a need in the 1st test when we were only 2 or 3 wickets down in our 1st innings after Day 3?

Hopefully someone with far better knowledge of the game can explain this to me? Ultimately i'm pleased we didn't send a night watcman out and lose a cheap 4th wicket either today or tomorrow but the current policy does certainly confuse me.

Root 59* (134)
    Bairstow 6* (33)

See this is what confuses me about England and the use of a night watchman in this case (or not).

Not that I am an expert in cricket i'm certainly not and i'm certainly no fan of a night watchman but with 30 mins left at Day 4, the series still 0-0 and tomorrow's objective to bat the day out this is probably the one scenario where I could agree with a night watchman coming in to hopefully see out the last 30 mins. As it turned out Bairstow managed to see out that final 30 mins but I can't for the life of me see why this scenario didn't justify the need for a night watchman but there was a need in the 1st test when we were only 2 or 3 wickets down in our 1st innings after Day 3?

Hopefully someone with far better knowledge of the game can explain this to me? Ultimately i'm pleased we didn't send a night watcman out and lose a cheap 4th wicket either today or tomorrow but the current policy does certainly confuse me.
    Totally agree but would hope that we had a re-think following the first Test nonsense.
  • 187-6 at lunch off 86.

57 runs scored in the session with Bairstow (22), Root (71) and Buttler (7) all gone this morning

Stokes 9* (57)
    Rashid 8* (20)
  • edited October 2015
    Root at 24 years 200 days has become the 2nd fastest all time England batsmen to 3000 runs to Cook who did it in 24 years and 63 days.
  • edited October 2015

Root at 24 years 200 days has become the 2nd fastest all time England batsmen to 3000 runs to Cook who did it in 24 years and 63 days.

Quite a lot fewer matches than cook!!
  • Stokes a gonna. Caught in the slips off the new ball. Need some rain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stokes a gonna. Caught in the slips off the new ball. Need some rain!

Haha! Not a lot of chance of that!
    We had one rainy day here last year...
  • Rashid has round the bat off the spinner, in addition to the keeper and bowler, two slips, a gully, a silly point and a short leg.

Now I know that he doesn't want to get out playing a poor shot but, at the earliest possible opportunity, I would suggest that he lets them know that he can hit the ball - hard too!
  • As he takes the hint by smashing two fours in one over.
  • Both Rashid and Broad batting very sensibly - avoiding the good balls and hitting the bad ones thereby not allowing Pakistan to get on top.

239-7

Rashid 27* (60)
    Broad 22* (31)

• A decent effort by Rashid and Broad here, showing a bit of application.....and Broad is bowled by a brilliant yorker

• Broad out for 30 (42), beaten for pace from a Riaz yorker.

253-8

Rashid 33* (76)

• time to forget the win and shut up shop now.
  • There is always that trigger movement "tell" when a batsman (and it is usually, but not always, a bowler) doesn't fancy a yorker - the self preservation "get the feet out of the way" - rather than actually trying to keep the ball out.
  • Wood has just hit Riaz for 14 in four balls!
  • Pakistan have just wasted their second and final review.