Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• CHG said:

Buttler looks set to miss out, Taylor replacing him and Bairstow getting the gloves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/34687307

Confirmed. Buttler dropped, Bairstow keeps wicket and Taylor plays.

No decision yet as to who replaces the injured Wood
  • edited November 2015
    Wakey wakey everyone!

Pakistan won the toss yet again and elected to bat. We have brought in Bairstow and Patel for Buttler and Wood respectively.

Pakistan are currently 98-3 with wickets to Anderson, Broad and Ali. Anderson and Broad, between them, have bowling figure of 13-9-7-2 with Broad going for just one run in his seven overs!
  • Apparently, big spin (even from Patel !) on morning of day 1 - doesnt bode too well for us then !
  • Hope Taylor does well, deserved his chance.
  • Younus out lbw missing full bunger
  • Shame about Wood, thought he's been our best bowler on this tour. Yet still, i think, to complete 3 matches on trot - lets hope they dont try to 'do a Jimmy' and try to change his action.
  • Jimmy now has 2 for 6 off 8 overs.
  • Jimmy now has 2 for 6 off 8 overs.

Funny game cricket. Ball is turning for the spinners and yet Anderson and Broad between them figures of 16-12-7-3 which suggests that they are unplayable!

• Pak currently motoring along - 107-4 , Misbah has 7 off 41 and Shafiq 0 off 17 balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shafiq gone - caught by Bairstow off Patel

116-5

I would like to say that this was a good toss to lose. But we haven't batted yet and have to do so last in the match.

• edited November 2015
    Here's a question for which I do not know the answer:

When was the last time, prior to this game, England had four spinners in a Test side? (qualification 10 Test wickets so the likes of Hick, KP and Root are OK but Atherton certainly isn't)

• edited November 2015

Here's a question for which I do not know the answer:

When was the last time, prior to this game, England had four spinners in a Test side? (qualification 10 Test wickets so the likes of Hick, KP and Root are OK but Atherton certainly isn't)

Hmmm , maybe last time we played KP,Rooty,Swanny and Monte in same team ?- not sure it happened mind you, as not sure Root was in team before Monte went doo-lally.
  • Here's a question for which I do not know the answer:

There you go......

Swanny
    Monte
    Patel
    KP

v India 2nd Test Mumbai 23-26th November 2012

There you go......

Swanny
    Monte
    Patel
    KP

That clearly was too easy for you TP.
  • 148-5 at tea

There you go......

Swanny
    Monte
    Patel
    KP

ANd then in 4th Test on same tour in Nagpur Dec13-17 2012 where Root replaced Patel.
  • I like how we establish the parameters and then throw KP in with his

oh god he DOES have ten Test wickets! at an average of flipping 88
  • Leuth said:

I like how we establish the parameters and then throw KP in with his

One of the ten i remember most is getting Clarke done down legside off last ball of day at ...Adelaide?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    Leuth said:

I felt compelled to because if I hadn't we might have had an article from KP in the Telegraph targeting me for not including him.

Of course, having set those parameters, I have realised that we are actually only playing two spinners as neither Rashid or Patel meet the requirements.

• They should do by the end of this Test given how much it's ripping, tbf
  • Broad has now bowled 46 consecutive dot balls. Figures of:

9-8-1-1
  • Leuth said:

One of the ten i remember most is getting Clarke done down legside off last ball of day at ...Adelaide?
    Think so it maybe have been the last ball of the day or session, and was a massive momentum shift
  • Oh lordy. Looks like Stokes has just dislocated his shoulder trying to take a catch.
  • Bad news. Will he be fit for the South Africa tour?
  • Which shoulder?
  • His bowling arm, alas.

Sarfraz commits hara-kiri in sympathy to England's plight; Moeen has another
  • Which shoulder?

Even if it was the other one, you'd need it to be 100% for the follow through
  • Which shoulder?

Even if it was the other one, you'd need it to be 100% for the follow through
    Appreciate that but I think the recovery time would be less than the bowling arm.