Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• Wahab out as well for a beauty from Patel. There is some serious turn from this pitch IF the bowler pitches it right
  • Wahab out as well for a beauty from Patel. There is some serious turn from this pitch IF the bowler pitches it right

Sadly not much turn off a full toss. And we've bowled far too many of them.
  • Broad and Anderson take two quick wickets

224-9
  • 234 all out

Anderson 15.1-7-17-4
    Broad 13-8-13-2
    Stokes 11-4-23-0
    Patel 23-3-85-2
    Ali 13-3-49-2
    Rashid 10-1-41-0
  • 4-0 at close
  • Amazing figures from Broad and Anderson.
  • 4-0 at close

Effectively 4-1. Poor show from England's top order.
  • Stokes probably wouldn't have achieved much in these conditions anyway tbh, although obviously I hope he is well enough to bat
  • England 43-1. Ali was out early again (14), this time off a massive top edge from a slog.

Cook 19* (52)
    Bell 10* (25)
  • edited November 2015
    87-1 at lunch

Partnership of 68:

Cook 48* (110)
    Bell 24* (67)
  • Sponsored links:

• Cook, not for the first time today, inside edges a ball onto his pads - and is caught at short leg for 49 (119).

The number one ranked batsman in the world comes to the crease.

• And he's gone already. Excellent catch by the keeper.

We are going to do well to get near their first innings now. The ball is reerse swinging for the seamers and turning square for the spinners.

97-3 and 137 behind
  • 135-3 at tea so 99 behind

Bell 40* (151) & Taylor 26* (56) have batted very well together
  • Bell comes down to the track to Yasir but doesn't get to the pitch of it, is beaten on the outside and the keeper does the rest. Out for 40 (158).

139 for (effectively with Stokes injured) 5

Taylor 30* (59)
  • Excellent 50 for James Taylor. Take that KP!!!!

176-4 (5) so trail by 58
  • 222-4 (5) at close and just 12 behind

Taylor 74* (141)
    Bairstow 37* (93)
  • 222-4 at close, a great effort by the England batsmen, especially Chris Solly James Taylor
  • Glad to see Taylor taking his chance. Should have been in before now.
  • redman said:

Glad to see Taylor taking his chance. Should have been in before now.

Indeed. Should have been in the test side for the last year. Very good cricketer
  • redman said:

Glad to see Taylor taking his chance. Should have been in before now.

A great player on a slow turning pitch, as he uses his feet really well to the spinners. Definitely should have played all 3 Tests in this series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wooooah, dont go overboard on Taylor. He's only had one innings - watch him get out to a silly shot early tomorrow. The guy is no saviour - and, to me, has a heck of a lot of technical issues to become successful at Test level.
  • Wooooah, dont go overboard on Taylor. He's only had one innings - watch him get out to a silly shot early tomorrow. The guy is no saviour - and, to me, has a heck of a lot of technical issues to become successful at Test level.

Has set England up to disappoint, hasn't he. Paper over the cracks. Flattering to deceive. Pakistan to win by 80+
  • You 2 are a bunch of laughs, two days of English dominance and you sound ready to slit your wrists
  • You just watch. Pakistan will get the first innings lead then Anderson will limp off after 2 overs. Then the openers will gently feast on full tosses from our spinners and they'll be able to declare by lunchtime tomorrow, 2 wickets down. Cook out

But why not give him 3 matches against Pakistan to prove himself? Maybe he'll be found out on faster pitches, but considering Buttler has been consistently awful in all additions this year, he deserves a decent chance
  • edited November 2015
    Leuth said:

You just watch. Pakistan will get the first innings lead then Anderson will limp off after 2 overs. Then the openers will gently feast on full tosses from our spinners and they'll be able to declare by lunchtime tomorrow, 2 wickets down. Cook out

Drop a couple of Prozac before play starts tomorrow :-)
  • Haven't seen much of Taylor before, but thought he batted very well yesterday.

Didn't seem as stuck on the crease as other batsmen, and actually reminded me a bit of a young Jonty Rhodes.

Maybe the President has reservations about him, but given the paucity of other middle order options, then I think he may be worth a go in the long term (unless we bring back Ravi Bopara for another go!).
  • I hope we can win this (effectively with 10 men). I think we deserve it and deserve to draw the series.

(If we capitulate in the last 3 days then we won't deserve it).

We should have won the 1st Test. Were a shade unlucky in the 2nd & I think we lost the toss on each occasion, having to bat last.

I guess time will tell. I think he has all the shots, always busy at the crease, has a great temperament and is a fantastic athlete. All good attributes to have in test match cricket. He should certainly have been given an extended run in the side long before now
  • Taylor out... Decent innings though shame he couldn't push on for a ton