Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• Anderson dropped at short leg - 7.5 to go
  • Any light issues or will we get all 7 in?
  • Wood and Rashid put on the longest last innings (in terms of balls faced) 9th wicket partnership in a Test match.

He's done 13 so far - he's survived somehow.
  • And Rashid is out next ball.
  • All over with just 6.3 overs of the match remaining. Rashid ruins a magnificent innings of 61 off 172 balls by smashing a ball straight to cover.
  • Outstanding effort by Broad, Wood and Rashid, just a shame likes of Buttler and Stokes couldn't come anywhere near their effort. Both have to be dropped for final test.
  • Buttler has to go - think i read somewhere (maybe on here) that he has a batting average of 11 over the last 2 years.
  • Bairstows not playing much better, but should keep Wicket with Taylor coming in, batting line up much stronger with that change. Think 3 seamers is enough, don't agree Hales deserves his chance but think he should come in for Stokes making this the line up:
    Cook
    Hales
    Taylor
    Root
    Bell
    Bairstow (W)
    Ali
    Rashid
    Broad
    Wood
    Anderson
  • The REAL question is........who are the two blondies in the England WAGS ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Bairstows not playing much better, but should keep Wicket with Taylor coming in, batting line up much stronger with that change. Think 3 seamers is enough, don't agree Hales deserves his chance but think he should come in for Stokes making this the line up:
    Cook
    Hales
    Taylor
    Root
    Bell
    Bairstow (W)
    Ali
    Rashid
    Broad
    Wood
    Anderson

You'd drop Stokes and keep Bell in?

• The REAL question is........who are the two blondies in the England WAGS ??

And the answer is.........

Joe Root and Stuart Broad...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3190755/WAGs-batty-England-Ashes-heroes-guess-partner.html
    Cook
    Hales
    Taylor
    Root
    Bell
    Bairstow (W)
    Ali
    Rashid
    Broad
    Wood
    Anderson

You'd drop Stokes and keep Bell in?

I would for the final test yes, one more chance for Bell to save his career and although he's not in form, he has scored more runs than Stokes. Plus think the balance looks better with him at 5 and Bairstow at 6, rather than Bairstow 5 and Stokes 6 IMO
  • If they drop Stokes, it will be for Patel
  • I agree and to be honest, I wouldn't mind that as a left arm seamer who could bat would be ok. I don't think they will drop him and I think Ali will open again. One change that simply has to happen is Taylor in for Buttler.
  • I think I'd give Mo another test.

Cook
    Ali
    Taylor
    Root
    Bell
    Bairstow
    Stokes
    Rashid
    Wood
    Broad
    Anderson
  • I think I'd give Mo another test.

Cook
    Ali
    Taylor
    Root
    Bell
    Bairstow
    Stokes
    Rashid
    Wood
    Broad
    Anderson

that's the team I think would happen. I would prefer to strengthen batting by bringing in Hales for Stokes, but wouldn't be upset if Patel was given a chance either. Not sure Stokes is a good enough player of spin to play IMO, but would be surprised if he doesn't.
  • MrOneLung said:

Off topic but how was the sofa yesterday?

Comfy thanks! Seb probably enjoyed it more than me because he was close to the action but there were times when we had to rely on the big screen because of silly things like players warming up.

We were interviewed before the game for CAFC Youtube. Hoping the end of it is included because Seb had to make a reaction save from Henderson!
    Well they did include Seb's save but not the bit where I suggested that we needed an early goal and hoped that we would do better than we did against Preston!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Cox18xXCE

• The reason why I think they will keep Stokes in is because the seamers have looked more dangerous than the spinners, so no point going to 3 seamers and 3 spinners.

Buttler has done nothing with the bat, and Bairstow is handy with the gloves so we can sure up the batting by adding Taylor and taking Bell, Bairstow and Stokes out of the firing line a little by moving them down the order a bit.

It brings an all round better balance IMO.
  • MrOneLung said:

Off topic but how was the sofa yesterday?

Comfy thanks! Seb probably enjoyed it more than me because he was close to the action but there were times when we had to rely on the big screen because of silly things like players warming up.

We were interviewed before the game for CAFC Youtube. Hoping the end of it is included because Seb had to make a reaction save from Henderson!
    Well they did include Seb's save but not the bit where I suggested that we needed an early goal and hoped that we would do better than we did against Preston!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Cox18xXCE

Sign him up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Aus - NZ soon, will be better Test cricket than this - fans of the game should try to catch some
  • Taylor must wonder why he's not in the side anyway. Was in great form in the summer and the failures kept failing.
  • Leuth said:

Aus - NZ soon, will be better Test cricket than this - fans of the game should try to catch some

A bit unfair, the Dubai Test has been pretty decent, today came to an exciting conclusion. Indeed so did Abu Dhabi, after a very dull game.
  • Both tests have been reasonably poor with exciting endings. Think Pakistan will want to bat us out of the game in the final one, will be nice to bat first and score 500 (optimistic I know) and finally put some pressure on them.
  • Hesitant to change a side mid-series, but agree with those that think the batting looks light, especially with very few runs coming from 6/7.

Taylor should come in for Buttler, with Bairstow taking the gloves and moving down to number seven.

Not sure that Hales is cut out open on the sub-continent, so would stick with Ali as the opener for the final test.

As for who is going to open in SA, well that is just a lottery, possibly bring back Compton as a stop gap, until someone younger put their hand up?
  • Hesitant to change a side mid-series, but agree with those that think the batting looks light, especially with very few runs coming from 6/7.

Taylor should come in for Buttler, with Bairstow taking the gloves and moving down to number seven.

Not sure that Hales is cut out open on the sub-continent, so would stick with Ali as the opener for the final test.

As for who is going to open in SA, well that is just a lottery, possibly bring back Compton as a stop gap, until someone younger put their hand up?

Rory Burns... Mark my words this time next year after a year in the first division.. He will either be England's opener or knocking on the door!

Young but played a fair bit of cricket! Tough nuggety opener who can adapt his game..
  • Nick browne of Essex as well. Scored 1000 runs this season in the second division, playing for a rubbish team. Maybe not yet, but he has good skills
  • Tom Abell, obviously. You guys need to learn the value of looking beyond the clubs you support
  • Buttler looks set to miss out, Taylor replacing him and Bairstow getting the gloves.
  • McBobbin said:

Nick browne of Essex as well. Scored 1000 runs this season in the second division, playing for a rubbish team. Maybe not yet, but he has good skills

Errrr, no, absolutely not after watching him bat in a couple of games - second div is his level !