Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• They need to introduce run penalties like in t20. At a rate that could influence the result
  • edited October 2015
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1199318/ASHES-2009-Riled-Ricky-Ponting-hits-Englands-delaying-tactics-following-dramatic-Cardiff-draw.html
    Although he insisted it would be forgotten about when the tourists set off for London later today, Ponting was incensed by England's time-wasting tactics with last-pair James Anderson and Monty Panesar at the crease. Twice during a 69-ball stand of defiance, England 12th man Bilal Shafayat ran onto the field to offer Anderson batting gloves while physio Steve McCaig was ushered off by the disgruntled Australians on the second occasion.

After England secured a first Test stalemate at 6.41pm on the final evening, just 13 runs in front with one wicket intact, Ponting said: 'I don't think that was required. He had changed his gloves the over before and his glove is not going to be too sweaty in one over. 'I am not sure what the physio was doing out there - I didn't see him call for any physio to come out. As far as I am concerned it was pretty ordinary, actually.
  • Windies did it in 89/90 to us and as player have been involved in such practices, its part of the game until something is done about it.
  • Pakistan won the toss and have elected to bat.

England have kept the same team as the first Test with Pakistan bringing back again their now fit leg spinner, Yasir Shah, who has taken 14 wickets in the two Tests he's played in here.
  • 41-0 off 14

Anderson 5-2-12-0
    Broad 3-0-18-0
    Ali 4-1-4-0
    Wood 2-0-7-0
  • Ali strikes - Hafeez caught at short leg by Bairstow

51-1
  • Great catch by Bairstow at short leg to dismiss Malik off Stokes.

58-2
  • 85-2 off 28 at lunch

Younis 10* (29)
    Masood 54* (86)

Anderson 5-2-12-0
    Broad 5-0-24-0
    Ali 9-2-24-1
    Wood 4-0-14-0
    Stokes 3-2-4-1
    Rashid 2-0-7-0
  • First ball after lunch Masood is given out caught behind off Anderson. The batsman reviews...........
  • ............but wastes the review ;-)

85-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Commentator says Masood reviewed one he knew he had nicked. ie he cheated
  • kentred2 said:

Commentator says Masood reviewed one he knew he had nicked. ie he cheated

Which is just stupid (by the batsman) as the replays would have to show conclusive proof the umpire was wrong to give him out.
  • 126-3 off 42
  • The word 'cheating' is ridiculously overused when referring to sport.

The most egregious example being Suarez's handball against Ghana.

It's only cheating if you get away with it.

Handball on the line is dealt with in the rules, and so was Suarez. Gyan was the villain as far as Ghana were concerned.
  • Leuth said:

The word 'cheating' is ridiculously overused when referring to sport.

The most egregious example being Suarez's handball against Ghana.

It's only cheating if you get away with it.

Handball on the line is dealt with in the rules, and so was Suarez. Gyan was the villain as far as Ghana were concerned.

Yes, every shirt pull by a defender could be considered cheating as well!
  • If it's not spotted, yes. That doesn't affect my argument
  • 178-3 off 55 at tea

Younis 56* (103)
    Misbah 44* (87)

Partnership of 93 off 162 balls

Anderson 10-2-23-1
    Broad 9-0-32-0
    Ali 12-2-50-1
    Wood 8-3-15-0
    Stokes 8-2-24-1
    Rashid 7-0-32-0
  • Younis leg glances the ball to Buttler with no addition to the tea score.
  • cfgs said:

kentred2 said:

Commentator says Masood reviewed one he knew he had nicked. ie he cheated

Which is just stupid (by the batsman) as the replays would have to show conclusive proof the umpire was wrong to give him out.
    Probably done because there is no snicko in this series, so therefore the benefit of the doubt is more in the batsmens favour.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Pakistan 206-4

Misbah 59 (123)
    Shafiq 14 (36)

Younis was out for 56. c Buttler b Wood
    FOW 178-4
  • Misbah is playing Rashid as if it's a T20 with two consecutive 6's. And he'd only hit 56 6's in his previous 59 matches!

• That's quite a lot of career sixes tbf
  • I mean, it's not like the guy doesn't have the joint-fastest Test hundred of all time
  • Leuth said:

I mean, it's not like the guy doesn't have the joint-fastest Test hundred of all time

It is - just making the point that he scores as one a Test but finds it easy enough to do it twice in two balls against Rashid. The bowler didn't, needless to say, throw the next ball up for him to hit.
  • He is inside the top 25 all-time Test six-hitters :D
  • Leuth said:

He is inside the top 25 all-time Test six-hitters :D

And if he faces many more "buffet" balls from Rashid he will be top by the end of this Test.
  • Misbah now hits Moen for two 6's - in the final over of the day!

282-4 off 90 at close

Misbah 102* (192)
    Asad 46* (93)

104 undefeated partnership

Anderson 16-5-33-1
    Broad 13-2-36-0
    Ali 20-3-82-1
    Wood 14-6-26-1
    Stokes 14-3-43-1
    Rashid 13-1-60-0
  • Another Zedfest. I have not seen or listened to one ball of this series and do not intend to. Pointless waste of time.
  • Riviera said:

Another Zedfest. I have not seen or listened to one ball of this series and do not intend to. Pointless waste of time.

Don't let that stop you giving your opinion on it though...