Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace v Charlton - post match views

Another pathetic night in the life of charlton fan.....

Comments

• Options
    Glad this game is out of the way. We have a very weak squad.
    Blame Luzon all you like but he hasn't got much to work with.
  • Options
    Cheer up guys, Palace were and still are a nothing club. A win would have been good but at the moment we cannot compete with their finances. We lose the match tonight but as other posters have pointed we will always win in the game of life v Palarse. Seriously tonight, would you want to be a Nigel saying goodnight to your Nigel friends with a south London and proud comment. We'll get back on track.
  • Options
    Took the wife out for a meal tonight as I couldn't stand having to listen to us losing to that lot. And it was pretty clear we would when Luzon picked that team.

Whatever possessed him to play that team?

Luzon has lost a lot of credit in the bank tonight. A few more defeats and we're be looking for a new manager again.
  • Options
    predictable chuff
    we are pony
    unfortunately they are much much better than us and will be for a good while yet
    looked like two really tame penalties

hopefully we'll stay up as Rolands thrill a minute Belgian experiment continues its merry way on the road to nowhere (good)
  • Options
    Well that was shit...
  • Options
    Nearly got hit in the head with a chair (inches away) and had a flare whizz by me.

"4-1 in your cup final" sums it up pretty well. There's no way they know or care what a game like this means to us.
  • Options
    Top two posts are about right. Need to arrest this mini slide...and quick.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

In a season where we are probably going to finish somewhere between 19th - 24th in the Championship, it baffles me why we couldn't have given this our best shot.

I've corrected it for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't go, can only go by the result. We get an f'n tonking. The only thing that I didn't want.

Big response needed on Saturday. Looks like we have no leadership and confidence is drained. If we are over budget with that squad then I am starting to worry.

Please, please show some fight on Saturday
  • Options
    Totally fed up, sure the Ref will get most of the blame but i just don't understand the logic behind some of the players who were rested tonight, i know Watt had a knock but what about Bauer, Gudmundsson & Kashi?

I will quickly get over this but personally my Luzon love has taken a serious dent tonight as i really thought he was a Head Coach who understood us fans.
  • Options
    Only saving thing is there was so much oi oi going on it was nigh on impossible to watch the match
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Guy has also said that he was forced to rotate tonight when he didnt want to...

Guess many will come out saying that of course he'll lie with that comment but gotta believe him at the end of the day, cos you'll never know the real truth

Makienok wont be fit for Cardiff either
  • Options
    It hurts more because it's Palace. If it was any other Prem team the post match dissection wouldn't be anywhere near as wrist slitting.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain to me why any other Championship club would want Igor Vetokele in his current state of fitness?

• Options

Guess many will come out saying that of course he'll lie with that comment but gotta believe him at the end of the day, cos you'll never know the real truth

Rubbing. Kasha, JBG, Bauer, Watt were on the bench.

Give it a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crap and embarrassing. If igor wants to go to Bolton let him, and the rest can follow. Awful. Where was Jacko after his pep talk?
  • Options

Can anyone explain to me why any other Championship club would want Igor Vetokele in his current state of fitness?

No
  • Options

No
    Nope. Beats me.

• Options

Forced to rotate? Is that a direct quote?
    Could mean forced by injuries.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    That prime c**t to the right of us...
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

"4-1 in your cup final" sums it up pretty well. There's no way they know or care what a game like this means to us.

I may be in a minority but it didn't mean a huge amount to me. Glad it's over and done with now although not particularly looking forward to what is coming next!

As for the game, it was going as well as could be expected at half time because, other than very occasional set pieces, we were never going to score. Their goals early in the second half were predictable and, other than about three minutes after Sarr's header, those 45 minutes were a demolition job. Luzon should have played a better team but, in all truth and honesty, I don't expect things would have panned out much differently.

Solly and young Kennedy played well-definitely think the latter has a future as a pro.

Hopefully we'll see some kind of turn around against Cardiff but I'm not holding my breath-reckon Guy has that game and the Fulham Sky game before the next lackey is lined up and the panto begins again.....
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Forced to rotate? Is that a direct quote?
    Could mean forced by injuries.
  • Options
    Some perspective....it's bloody early in the season. A win at Cardiff on sat, get some players fit and focus on a mini run over the next 5 games.
  • Options

it has to be bullshit or Bolton have been sent a video of his first 12 games for us last season
  • Options
    Would have got Manchester City away if we'd won