Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace v Charlton - post match views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Had Luzon put out a full-strength side the outcome would have been no different; Palace would have simply stepped up a gear.They were better than us in every department; it was almost as though we were watching a Premiership side play a mid-table Championship side with a thin squad.
    After witnessing the antics of some of our milksop wannabes showering their own supporters with bottles, get used to being called clowns: it's deserved.
    Anyone who left at 2 - 0 or 15 minutes before the end forgoes all snivelling rights.
    I really enjoyed that eagle flying about the place, although I imagine it wears a bit thin week in, week out.
    Kudos to Big Mac turning up on his own.I started daydreaming about him wearing a loincloth and a necklace made of bones, carrying a seven foot long spear.
    When approaching a policeman, always begin with 'Excuse me officer...' , it's amazing how quickly doors will be open to you...

• Options
    Premier team? the Palace starting line up was mostly made up of 2nd string players,
    Gayle wasn't on the bench v Spurs.
    Anyway you should have played your strongest team, then if you managed to sneak a goal 1st half who knows?
    Am not going to rub in it too much because I know how times can change!
    The Palace mob who ambushed that train were mindless thugs as were the group of Charlton milling around looking for trouble near the main and family stand as the W@nker bottle throwers = Scum.

• Options
    Thought we were pretty poor. Haven't seen the penalty decisions again and couldn't really tell from where I was sitting, but the timing of the second one (and the red) - just when we were starting to play and Watt had come - on was a bit of a sucker punch. Overall, we probably never had much of a chance of winning no matter what team we put out. Of the youngsters, I thought Kennedy had a decent game and KAG didn't deserve most of the stick he was getting. Now let's just write it off (along with the previous week) and move on to Saturday...

The majority of our fans did us proud, but we do bring some f***ing idiots...
  • Options
    1nil said:

Premier team? the Palace starting line up was mostly made up of 2nd string players,
    Gayle wasn't on the bench v Spurs.
    Anyway you should have played your strongest team, then if you managed to sneak a goal 1st half who knows?
    Am not going to rub in it too much because I know how times can change!
    The Palace mob who ambushed that train were mindless thugs as were the group of Charlton milling around looking for trouble near the main and family stand as the W@nker bottle throwers = Scum.

Big difference between a PL second string and Championship second string though isn't there. We didn't have Cabaye on the bench did we.
  • Options
    Disappointing for us not to put out our strongest side available, especially as we only have 2 games between now and October 17th!
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Disappointing for us not to put out our strongest side available, especially as we only have 2 games between now and October 17th!

That is a blooming good point that I hadn't thought of. Makes Luzon's thinking (or was it Roland's?) even more stupid.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Ben18 said:

Ahh, that is pathetic. Hadn't realised that. This along with Forever Addicted's revelation that Palace wouldn't have gone up in the first place if we'd managed to get what we deserved from our two games against them in 2012/13 has left me fuming. Probably a bit harsh for me to blame Luzon for that though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if the injury prone column in the excel sheet was hidden or off the page, when the computer bod scouted our players..
  • Options

Cheer up guys, Palace were and still are a nothing club. A win would have been good but at the moment we cannot compete with their finances. We lose the match tonight but as other posters have pointed we will always win in the game of life v Palarse. Seriously tonight, would you want to be a Nigel saying goodnight to your Nigel friends with a south London and proud comment. We'll get back on track.

Unfortunately Palace are no longer a "nothing club". They are riding high in the most popular league in the world, seen on TV worldwide every week, will probably make more money in the next couple of years than Charlton have made in their 110 year history, have some top class players and players in their reserves that would walk into our first team.

Get real; we are playing second fiddle to them right now and that's not likely to change any time soon. We are number two in South London. At least we are not 3 or 4.
    That's not what football is about, at least not for me. I'd rather go to the Valley with Charlton in the conference than have to go to that hole of a ground and sit with those fans who lap up the Yankee crap crowbarred in their club and parroting back what the announcer says and just the general cringe factor of the whole club. Give it a few years and Palace will be back down in Tier 2 with barely a pot to piss in.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Greenie A charlton fan punched the fecking Eagle? Or when you say aimed a punch, you mean he completely missed and fell on his face? Please.

FFS... how depressing
  • Options

People on here slagging Harriot off recently,
    think he would have walked into that team last night.
    What an irresponsible loan out, the head coach must take some flak
    for that as we don't have an attacking left side midfielder!!

Been thinking this for a few weeks. He'd get straight into the first team at the moment. I don't understand loaning out one of our left sided players and bringing in an untested centre forward an playing him out there. We never learn and it sounds like we're about to do the same with Igor.
  • Options
    @Curb_It , he threw a punch at the eagle and clipped it's wing, he then turned round grinning, hoping to get some admiration. Plank.
  • Options
    FUCK PALACE!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Curb_It said:

@Greenie A charlton fan punched the fecking Eagle? Or when you same aimed a punch, you mean he completely missed and fell on his face? Please.

FFS... how depressing

Curb It - he tried to punch/hit the Eagle as it came past with his handler, but because he was coked/pissed etc he missed. The Eagle flapped about a bit, I don't think the handler saw it because he was looking the other way and it was on his blind side. I didn't imagine it or mistook it, because my 18 year old son saw it too.
    Why would you try and do that, also imagine if the Eagle had retaliated, it would have ripped his face off, the bloke, whoever he is, is a grade A twat.

EDIT, Harry Lime, above, says the wanker caught the Eagles wing....he must have been closer than me.
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming both of you.
    What a moron.

• Options
    HarryLime said:

@Curb_It , he threw a punch at the eagle and clipped it's wing, he then turned round grinning, hoping to get some admiration. Plank.

I actually thought that was a joke earlier. What an idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Not read most of the post here, understandably there is a lot of anger.

Heres my two penny worth.

Bad Points first:-
    Lets be honest we expected to lose. Do I care that we lost? Oddly enough, not really.
    Was I pissed off with Guys team selection? Kinda.
    Will his team selection help us do better against Cardiff? Initially I thought yes, but now Diarra is banned, no, so not Guys fault. Ridiculous sending off.
    Palace were different gravy in every department. Yes it hurts to admit it but when they can bring Cabaye on with 10 to go you know how far they have moved on.
    Some of our alleged fans, flares, Im ok with, banter between fans OK no problem, but the absolute pricks that were knocking over bins and kicking peoples car wing mirrors off as we are walking to the station, need a fucking slap.
    Worse than that, I was in the very front row of the Arf Awake stand and just before kick off the fella was bringing that beautiful Eagle (yes I know its naff, but its not the Eagles fault) around the outside of the pitch, as he came past us this complete bell end aimed a punch at the eagle, now I dont know if he is a member here, and I dont care, but you are a piece of shit.

Good Points:-
    I had a great evening out.
    I met and had a pic with Big Mak at the bar
    My youngest bought me a beer, this has never happened before, you always remember the first beer your sons buy you.
    All my sons were at the game.
    As mentioned I was in the very first row pitch side, Morgan Fox was first class, his passion and his pride showed through in spades, he gave the lino plenty of pelters.
    The fella dancing along with the Palace cheer leaders (now named The Doris Dancers), quality work mate.

Summary
    As mention above Palace were different gravy.
    But you know what, I dont care that they have some class players, that they have buckets of dough, because even if they were to get in Europe, win the Prem and the FA Cup. Because with the Glad all over song, the announcer "Dwight" 'GAYLE', The Doris Dancers, The Eagle display, there spotty shitty sad excuses for fans, they will always be an embarrassment to English football, You couldn't pay me to support footballs equivalent to Glee.
    Tossers the lot of them.

I think we should rename this fixture from El Classico to El Plastico.
  • Options

Only saving thing is there was so much oi oi going on it was nigh on impossible to watch the match

That is true - I saw the pens but didn't realise someone had been sent off !
  • Options
    Turns out that Diarra's red card was a straight red, rather than two yellows.

Means we are able to appeal the decision, not that we ever have much luck with that sort of thing...
  • Options
    Was it Big Mak in the crowd or someone who looks a lot like him, but a bit shorter ?

Back row of the lower tier towards the Sainsburys end.
  • Options
    Predicted this sort of game when I saw the team. Offered to eat a dog turd if we scored with that line up and we managed to do that to make things worse – anybody got any serving suggestions? In defence of Luzon, he may not have had any choice with knocks etc… At our best, this would have been a winnable game. We had no chance with the inexperience we put out in the attacking positions. Squad too weak as many of us predicted - although the cracks have started to appear a bit sooner than I expected.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PL54 said:

Was it Big Mak in the crowd or someone who looks a lot like him, but a bit shorter ?

Back row of the lower tier towards the Sainsburys end.

Yes it was, a lot people getting selfies with him, also saw him on train getting there.

• Options
    Greenie said:

But you know what, I dont care that they have some class players, that they have buckets of dough, because even if they were to get in Europe, win the Prem and the FA Cup. Because with the Glad all over song, the announcer "Dwight" 'GAYLE', The Doris Dancers, The Eagle display, there spotty shitty sad excuses for fans, they will always be an embarrassment to English football, You couldn't pay me to support footballs equivalent to Glee.
    Tossers the lot of them.

couldn't agree more
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Only saving thing is there was so much oi oi going on it was nigh on impossible to watch the match

That is true - I saw the pens but didn't realise someone had been sent off !
    Normally our appeal is deemed frivolous and the ban is increased.

Maybe Luzon is Israeli for Ferguson, Wenger or Brooking so it might work!
  • Options

HarryLime said:

I actually thought that was a joke earlier. What an idiot.
    same here.