Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    BOOM! Classic Viewfinder.
  • Options

But quite hard to disagree with there
  • Options
    A year ago IV was in the top four strikers in our division, and probably in terms of age, physicality and pace one of the most sought after by the Prem. Undisputed - he was injured and played on. His injury was not managed by CAFC. He was still struggling pre-season then picked up another (unrelated?) injury. He is crocked, overweight and not playing but is only one year into a 3.5 year deal.

How much would it cost to replace a 20-30 goal striker? If we loaned him out, would we get a better goalscorer than McAlany? If Luzon has fallen out with him, Guy should go, not our most potent striker since Bent (D).
  • Options
    Igor had far more to his game than just scoring goals when he was fit. His pace made himself a real handful for most defences and forced many a CB into picking up a yellow card. I also recall Igor doing his fair share of the donkey work winning many tackles.

What I don't understand is why they didn't address the injury around April time last season when we had secured our place in The Championship with nothing to play for, we were the first team to book our place in The Championship this season after all! I also don't understand why people feel he won't ever recover his fitness, he's only 23 years old not 43. Even if it takes a couple of months to get him fit and ready again then just give him that time to recover.

I think it'll be a big mistake to let him go out on loan. Whatever is happening behind the scenes needs sorting ASAP and if it means Luzon has to go then so be it. Luzon is far more replaceable than a fully fit Igor.
  • Options
    Shit the bed, I've just agreed with a post written by Viewfinder.

I'm going to the doctors in the morning.
  • Options

You should do. You have just agreed with a man who thinks that the world ends at Ramsgate. He's unaware that beyond the horizon is more land, with human life forms at least as intelligent as ours, and where among other things, they play football, have doctors and dieticians. Unaware of this, he thinks Igor just suddenly materialised at the Valley, without any previous history of playing professional football.

Left untreated, your condition can have serious consequences. it may cause you to vote UKIP for example.

• Options

Igor's goals last season were not luck, people used to say the same rubbish about BWP goals in the league 1 season.

Could not see Church produce the goods like Vetokele at the start of last season!
  • Options

I'd suggest the repeat prescription has run out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Wolves want Igor as well ..... Could see a swap in Jan for Henry ??

Henry has just signed a new contract so not going to happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

You should do. You have just agreed with a man who thinks that the world ends at Ramsgate. He's unaware that beyond the horizon is more land, with human life forms at least as intelligent as ours, and where among other things, they play football, have doctors and dieticians. Unaware of this, he thinks Igor just suddenly materialised at the Valley, without any previous history of playing professional football.

Left untreated, your condition can have serious consequences. it may cause you to vote UKIP for example.

What? You mean it doesn't?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

dickplumb said:

colin1961 said:

Wolves want Igor as well ..... Could see a swap in Jan for Henry ??

Henry has just signed a new contract so not going to happen.
    Don't be to sure , he as a clause if a London club meets their asking price he can return south ....

How do you know all this? This is so microscopic
  • Options
    Igor's less than half way through a long contract, so I'm sure a deal could be done
  • Options
    He needs to leave the club as and when he's fit enough to do so. If reports that he and Luzon don't see eye to eye there is no future.

I know he been carrying an injury but for me he shouldn't be this overweight and disinterested. That's just not professional or acceptable. Perhaps and I don't know part of the problem is that Luzon has told him a few home truths about what is expected and Igor doesn't like it.

In any case I think his Charlton days are numbered. Pity.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

He was very close to joining us wages agreed , medical passed and we throught a fee as well ... Until wolves said they wanted Gudmunson as part of the deal
    According to the Millwall man we told wolves they could not afford Gudmunsson and wolves demanded more money we refused .....then stalemate.

I see
  • Options
    All this 'want to be nearer the family' stuff in football is rubbish. Players just use it to get a better deal. Look at Dale Stephen's move up north and Iain Dowie telling Simon Jordan he wanted to be nearer his family in Oldham before becoming our manager weeks later. At the end of the day they will go where the money is and Henry has just got a new deal so I expect he suddenly will be very settled in the midlands and will no longer be going anywhere.
  • Options

All this 'want to be nearer the family' stuff in football is rubbish. Players just use it to get a better deal. Look at Dale Stephen's move up north and Iain Dowie telling Simon Jordan he wanted to be nearer his family in Oldham before becoming our manager weeks later. At the end of the day they will go where the money is and Henry has just got a new deal so I expect he suddenly will be very settled in the midlands and will no longer be going anywhere.

Unless a London club offer him more