Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

edited September 2015 in General Charlton
What the hell? our top scorer last season or at least one of... the fact that luzon has actually acknowledged this in a post match interview shows what a shambles we are becoming again. One, he is in no state to play for Charlton let alone another club and two why the hell would we want to send one of our first choice strikers out on loan to another championship club who are doing just as bad as we are!? Weird and depressing.

Tonight has proved how thin our squad is and we do not want to be losing a key player! What is going on?!

Comments

• Options
    They'll feed him well.
  • Options
    As long as the medical makes you run on a treadmill for more than a minute we will be stuck with him. Having said that if there is a way we could offload him to Bolton I would be very up for it. Would rather play youth than him, utterly useless and still dining out on his first few games for us.
  • Options
    There is as much strength in this story as our defence.
  • Options
    Didn't Luzon just acknowledge there was an interest? What would have been the point denying it. He'd be damned if he did and damned if didn't acknowledge.
  • Options
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13779544.Wanderers_chase_Charlton_Athletic_striker_as_Brighton_clash_looms/

Now before I get pulled up with the above, there are no quotes relating to the story.

Without a quote this kind of report is pure nonsense.
  • Options
    I heard this rumour and laughed it off, Igors not fit at the moment, why would another team want him at the moment?

If he was loaned out I'd expect a decent loan move striker from the prem in his place, I'll be surprised if Igor does go to Bolton.
  • Options
    I would say that he's been shit for yonks, since December last year. If it is down to injuries then that has been unfortunate. However, he looks so very bad at the moment, and I'm not sure he's going to turn it round, not in the short term anyway. If that's the case and we can get him out and possibly someone else in, then I'd be for it.

However if I were a Bolton scout and had just read some of what we have been saying on here, then he's going nowhere.

I don't mean to be unnecessarily aggressive toward Igor's plight, injuries aren't his fault. However with the last 5 performances, my patience is running thin with us, and any players not up to scratch, I don't want them playing
  • Options
    Luzons comments....“Igor Vetokele, Simon Makienok, Christian Ceballos and Reza are all injured and will not play on the weekend so I needed to make sure everyone stayed fit". I know he isn't match fit but is he injured? What's wrong and how long is he out for? I read on here yesterday that if Igor wasn't involved against Palarse then its a good indication he is off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a weird one but if we could loan him out and use the money freed up to bring in a goalscorer then it wouldn't be a terrible thing. And if Igor starts scoring for Bolton we'll just bring him back
  • Options
    And if its only a loan, then why not let him get fit and firing, so he can return to us in better shape?
  • Options
    I think it's a win win for us. He's unfit or disinterested at the moment so why not send him out to get fit, get his mojo back and he comes back ready to go plus we get some wages off the books and maybe a loan fee. As long as we get another striker on loan then I'm more than happy with that.
  • Options
    It would be a mistake to let him go. Why not let him get back to full fitness with us? We're hardly blessed with goalscoring forwards are we? He was just starting to form a decent partnership with Tony Watt at the end of last season. Why loan him to a competitor?
  • Options
    This would be a very RD transfer, let a 23 year old that has shown he can perform at this level when 100% fit and replace him with a totally unproven player. Still can't see it happening though.
  • Options
    If he's going out on loan I'd rather we get a real left winger, no point getting another striker to absolutely no supply. If we can then this could be a good move till the busy Xmas period, getting Igor fitter and match fit and us having more balance and confidence
  • Options
    We're famously over budget and Igor the hungry is doing nothing for us. I don't want it to happen but these could be the reasons. Doubt we'd get a replacement in
  • Options
    It all seems very bizarre
  • Options
    I would be shocked if there was a Championship club willing to pay for him to go on loan, surely a promotion chasing League one club is more likely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly I can see this happening.

When Reza and Cellabos are back though.
  • Options
    Neil Lennon: "There has been contact with #cafc (over Vetokele) can't say at this point whether a deal will be done."
  • Options
    Basically if Igor wants to go, it will happen.
  • Options
    If he goes on loan, can we make it a 3 month one and insist he plays against us in December.
  • Options
    as said on rumours thread yesterday

"given how tight our budget is a loan fee and/or his wages off the books might look tempting to some even if that doesn't include Luzon.

He's not first choice and Luzon hasn't ever seen the best of him at Charlton. Maybe we'll never see him that good again.

Personally, I would like to see him fit and playing for us but look at Harriot and how well he is doing in a different environment albeit league one. Lennon already has Wilson and Dervite. Maybe he likes Charlton players."
  • Options
    maybe to get another striker in who isn't crocked or off his game, its only gonna be a loan if its true
  • Options
    Imagine if Igor had gone to Bolton rather us from Copenhagen and his career had followed the same trajectory. The he arrived with us on loan next week in his current state. We'd quickly be trying to find ways of describing this as a worse signing than Lepointe.

It does seem that Bolton at least have some interest. In which case I am wrong. I really thought the modern English game was staffed and managed by proper professionals.
  • Options
    We simply cannot afford to let him go. It's in our interests to get him back to last season's form. He's a 10-15 goal a season forward in this division. We're already short on forwards and it doesn't make sense to then loan out our better ones to a rival. We'd have to replace him and I wouldn't trust RD to find an adequate replacement who could then slot straight in and start scoring goals. Which is what we need.