Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

Comments

• Options
    NEIL Lennon hopes to hear later today whether he can sign Charlton’s Igor Vetokele on loan.

The Wanderers boss confirmed his interest in the striker, who scored 11 goals last season for the Addicks, and wants him on board by close of play to prepare for this weekend’s clash with league leaders Brighton.

Although Charlton boss Guy Luzon is worried that the 23-year-old’s departure could leave him short of options up front – it appears he would be willing to do business if he was able to get another player on board as a replacement.

Lennon is now waiting on a thumbs up from the player himself before finalising the deal.

"There is an interest there but nothing confirmed yet,” he told The Bolton News.

"It's maybe down to what the player wants to do at this point. We've contacted Charlton and we're hoping it's something that gets resolved today."

Vetokele has struggled to hold down a place at Charlton since the turn of the year when an Achilles problem affected what had been a very promising start to life in English football following a £2.4million move from FC Copenhagen.

Share article

He has started just once this season and netted against Peterborough United in the Capital One Cup.

Meanwhile, Lennon has confirmed that both David Wheater and Max Clayton will return to the first team squad against Brighton on Saturday.
  • Options
    The Kinsella comparison is a bit odd. He was 30 at the time, past his best and not getting in the team because of an excellent Scott Parker.
  • Options

I wonder if the people slating the decision to loan Igor out are referrring to Igor as he is currently, or the Igor from a year ago?

Fact is that at present, we are getting nothing back for our outlay (ie wages) for whatever reason. IF someone else came in that would have to be looked at, as he can barely run let alone score at present (and hasnt been able to since the middle of last season).

Igor at his best was great, and if he got back to it, then I would like him back.

My concern would be if nobody else came in.

8 games this season. 8 games. Bloody hell.
  • Options

so if he is injured why would Bolton want him ? if he aint injured then he clearly dosnt want to play for us. better to get rid

Play for us or play for Luzon?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Grrrrr Luzon!! Vetokele needs confidence to start scoring again, and your not giving him any

Yeah Guy, it's all your fault your employer isn't being sensible.
  • Options

I wonder if the people slating the decision to loan Igor out are referrring to Igor as he is currently, or the Igor from a year ago?

Fact is that at present, we are getting nothing back for our outlay (ie wages) for whatever reason. IF someone else came in that would have to be looked at, as he can barely run let alone score at present (and hasnt been able to since the middle of last season).

Igor at his best was great, and if he got back to it, then I would like him back.

He is not fit. It is not a form issue where you can argue he needs more of a run of games and a chance.

The bloke is blatantly unfit. Given the chance, maybe someone else can pay his wages and get him fit for us, IF we get someone else in (as the article above suggests we want).
  • Options

He is not fit. It is not a form issue where you can argue he needs more of a run of games and a chance.

The bloke is blatantly unfit. Given the chance, maybe someone else can pay his wages and get him fit for us, IF we get someone else in (as the article above suggests we want).
    But as you say, he is blatantly unfit. Can you or anyone explain to me why Bolton want to do this??????

Incidentally @colin1961 told Glynne's list that he is in hospital again

I'm baffled.
  • Options

But as you say, he is blatantly unfit. Can you or anyone explain to me why Bolton want to do this??????

I'm baffled.
    In hospital yet having a fag and a Beer at Selhurst last night?
  • Options
    I said in a previous thread when Bulot left, that I would I would rather keep Bulot than Igor, of course I was right.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I said in a previous thread when Bulot left, that I would I would rather keep Bulot than Igor, of course I was right.

Turns out, we could end up without either of them. One day we might keep the bulk of a squad together for more than a few months at a time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like I've said before, Lookman, Umerah and Ansah have just as much chance of scoring goals for the first team as Vetokele. He's been dogshit for ages now, and if he can't get fit after 9 months then goodbye and good luck.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Like I've said before, Lookman, Umerah and Ansah have just as much chance of scoring goals for the first team as Vetokele. He's been dogshit for ages now, and if he can't get fit after 9 months then goodbye and good luck.

Is Lookman worth a place yet on the bench on Saturday, or is it too soon for him?

• Options

sam3110 said:

Is Lookman worth a place yet on the bench on Saturday, or is it too soon for him?

Too soon for Lookman and Umerah, Ansah is not good enough.

• Options
    Not only is Igor unfit, his play has gone badly off the boil, as well. At the end of last season his control was terrible, there were a number of occasions when TW or Bulot had set him up only for him to hopelessly miscontrol.
    And for him to come back from summer looking like he'd been on the JFH diet plan was poor. Even if injured, you can still keep yourself trim.
  • Options
    If we are keeping Igor, he needs to drop down to the under 21's much like Moussa has. Only way we will see a real return form for him.
  • Options

If we are keeping Igor, he needs to drop down to the under 21's much like Moussa has. Only way we will see a real return form for him.

Has he got a Tardis?
  • Options
    Nope but he can be a delegated over age player
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm baffled.
    In hospital yet having a fag and a Beer at Selhurst last night?
    100% sure? Fair enough. It was Colin, as I made clear....

Isn't it also utterly bizarre that the club who apparently want to take him are just up the road from where he played last Saturday and was apparently cack, but also looking in some distress as @Rob wrote.

I can only make sense of this one way. Bolton think they have a superior medical and fitness team to us and can sort him out and get him for a bargain price.
  • Options
    Needs a change of scenery for whatever reason. Will suit all parties Imo as if he stays I cant see the current malaise improving any time soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take no pleasure in saying this but let him go.

Something has gone seriously wrong with this lad. I don't know whether it's physical or mental but he is a shadow of the player he was at the start of last season.

It's going to be months before he is fully fit and back to his best. If indeed he ever makes it -and I for one can't see he ever will do so. Take the money now and try and get an experienced, Championship forward in who has played at this level and knows what it is all about (a forward equivalent of Eagles or Johnson). Lord knows we need a replacement now, not in 3 months time.
  • Options

''If it frees up money for us to get a better quality loanee then it can only be a good thing.''

Yes, like the unknown guy from Everton who is making Church look good!
    Why didn't we get Pennant a proven premier player, we always seem
    to cheapskate with this lot!!!!!

And I'm afraid we will continue to do things on the cheap with this regime.

I wonder how much Meire gets paid?
  • Options

Reckon Vetokele spoke to the medical staff at Bolton and they know what is wrong with him.
  • Options
    Maybe it is a case of releasing his wages and bringing in another striker. In that case you can understand it if Luzon has lost patience. It looked so good a few weeks ago - we have been unlucky with injuries to a certain extent, but we all knew the squad was too weak and we are now playing players when they are not fully fit and maybe Luzon does feel we have the time to wait on Igor getting right. It does not seem a logical way to run a club, but Duchatelet knows best.
  • Options
    maybe he is swinging the lead so as to appear unfit because he wants to leave and in a week will be banging them in for BW
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    One major thing that has changed for Igor is the manager, or praps hes fecked

If he wont play for our setup move him on maybe he'll come good again and can be sold, or come back firing

Meantime he's taking up space a big salary I expect and delivering little, ship him out and use the wages

Its 'classic' RD
  • Options
    Bolton seem to be cash-strapped at present and it looks like the owner has grown weary of subsidising them (I suppose an outlay of £150 million, or whatever it is, would take the edge off most people's appetite). All their signings in the summer window were free transfers and if Vetokele goes there on loan - which I find bizarre given his physical condition - it could only presumably about CAFC trimming the wage bill in the short term. In January, I guess we'd take him back or try and sell him on.

The suggestion in one of the articles that it's all up to him is equally bizarre, given that the bloke's under contract.
  • Options
    An incident at Blackburn last week ... Vetokele had been on the field for about 5 minutes when he appeared to trip over his own feet and crashed to the ground apparently 'seriously hurt' .. it took the CAFC medics quite a while to get him back on his feet .. they needn't have bothered for all the impact he had on the game ...
    ... I thought at the time, he just does not want to be with us .. he was very ineffective against Wolves the previous away game .. perhaps it'd be best if he slung his hook and his wages were spent on someone who wants to be at CAFC ... surely there is at least one ambitious youngish player in the lower divisions who'd jump at the chance of playing in the Championship ... Madden of Scunthorpe ?
  • Options
    Have we actually been linked with anyone?

Championship/L1 teams are hardly going to loan out their best strikers/left midfielders, so either talking about some other club's Igor (i.e. out of favour or unfit) or a PL loan of someone not playing.