Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

Comments

• Options

Its all really depressing. I want the Igor who started last season back and playing for us. There is a proper, quality striker in there. I still remember a couple of Pompey fans gushing about him on the train back from the pre-season game last year.

Pure speculation, but I suspect the fact he was being played through an injury has pissed him off. His wife has made a few comments on social media which allude to this as well.

One thing is for sure. Luzon has a record of outing players he falls out with (I have no idea whether they have fallen out) and if there has been a break down, Guy will probably win. Roland won't want an expensive player sitting on his hands either.

I hope the situation can be resolved and we can get him back fit and firing. I suspect we won't and he'll be gone before the loan window shuts.

It then comes down to what we do to replace him.

Agree, so disappointing, he looked fantastic at the beginning of last season. Seems to have been handled very badly. Hopefully we can turn the situation around somehow and get him back to his best. Him at his best means more money in the long term for RD. Don't particularly want to see him banging in the goals down at Bolton!
  • Options
    As people have said if he is waiting to get fit to go out on loan then he wants out. Hurry up and get fit then so you can leave and we can bring someone in who wants to play for us.

Disappointed as I had high hopes that he would be the player we have been craving for years.

Still think a fully fit vetokele is well worth keeping, but if he wants to go then let him. The only player in recent years I have seen who wanted to go but still gave his all for the club was Tal Ben Haim. Wish all players had that mentality for us that "this club is paying my wages so I will give 100% every game until I go".

Sorry very angry about this.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    If this was the plan all along we should have sold him in the summer and got a decent replacement in. We will need to replace him immediately. Who is available that can hit the ground running and start scoring us goals? We don't need some PL youth loanee, we need experience.
  • Options
    Madz said:

As people have said if he is waiting to get fit to go out on loan then he wants out. Hurry up and get fit then so you can leave and we can bring someone in who wants to play for us.

Disappointed as I had high hopes that he would be the player we have been craving for years.

Still think a fully fit vetokele is well worth keeping, but if he wants to go then let him. The only player in recent years I have seen who wanted to go but still gave his all for the club was Tal Ben Haim. Wish all players had that mentality for us that "this club is paying my wages so I will give 100% every game until I go".

That is a big IF. He isn't quoted as saying that.

He played last season when clearly unfit and has done the same this year.

But maybe the story leaked to the SLP is doing the job the club want of making it seem it is all down to Igor.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

He knows his third choice now perhaps it has to do if not playing enough games to get another work permit ??

Both the club and player knows he as more chance of playing out on loan ??

He is Belgian, he does not need a work permit.
  • Options

Madz said:

But maybe the story leaked to the SLP is doing the job the club want of making it seem it is all down to Igor.
    How the hell has he been unfit for a year now, yet still been around the first team for the majority of that? If no operation was need, surely the summer would have sorted out the problem?

This suggests either our medical team don't know what they're doing OR Igor is swinging the lead...

• Options

Madz said:

How the hell has he been unfit for a year now, yet still been around the first team for the majority of that? If no operation was need, surely the summer would have sorted out the problem?

This suggests either our medical team don't know what they're doing OR Igor is swinging the lead...

Or that he was playing half of last season when unfit because we didn't have anyone else.
  • Options

"inflammation of the pubis area"

Does this mean he has been playing with a lob on ?

No wonder he is running funny
  • Options

Madz said:

Or our squad is so thin that he has been shoved onto the pitch when other clubs would have him recovering properly, if this is the case then i don't blame Igor if he is angry at the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Madz said:

Or our squad is so thin that he has been shoved onto the pitch when other clubs would have him recovering properly, if this is the case then i don't blame Igor if he is angry at the club.
    This.

The story in the SLP points to the club wanting to shift all the blame on Igor.

seems to be working too : - (
  • Options

Madz said:

Or that he was playing half of last season when unfit because we didn't have anyone else.
    Our attacking squad wasn't that thin in the second part of the season, seeing that we also had Watt, Church, JBG, Bulot and Eagles plus the likes of KAG. If Igor was that badly injured, would we have sent Tucudean out on loan in January? And surely he would have come back in the summer fully recovered and fit, but he didn't.
  • Options
    From twitter

Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 16m16 minutes ago London, England
    If the Igor of the last 8 months or so is the Igor that returns when fit then get rid. If old Igor returns when fit, that would be mental

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 13m13 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    @LouisMend Think Igor wants to get fit + play. Full stop.

Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 11m11 minutes ago London, England
    @RichCawleySLP reads a bit like he wants to get fit and then leave. If he can get fit and get back to where he was then we need to keep

Louis Mendez Retweeted
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 10m10 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    @LouisMend Issue is that Guy has not seen him at his best. Put it this way, Bolton enquired about loan and CAFC were ok with it.

Seems Cawley sees the other side of (his own) story too.
  • Options

Madz said:

Our attacking squad wasn't that thin in the second part of the season, seeing that we also had Watt, Church, JBG, Bulot and Eagles plus the likes of KAG. If Igor was that badly injured, would we have sent Tucudean out on loan in January? And surely he would have come back in the summer fully recovered and fit, but he didn't.
    Yet they still played him when he was unfit. GT had gone, Church was Church, Eagles, JBG and Bulot aren't strikers, KAG was a kid who understandably struggled so that leaves Watt. And Igor.

Anyway read what Cawley is now saying on twitter.
  • Options
    why don't we lend them the whole bloody team
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Who's to say, that if Igor goes out on loan, we will get a decent striker in on loan to replace him? I would not be surprised if after he went, we got on with who we have and reduce wage bill

Agreed, would not surprise me if Igor going is about getting us back under/within budget to pay for McAleny to be here.
  • Options

"inflammation of the pubis area"

Does this mean he has been playing with a lob on ?

No wonder he is running funny
    From what others have said on here regarding his mrs quite possibly....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Madz said:

I think you should understand that JBG, Bulot and Eagles are wingers, not centre forwards.

Also, Church & Tucadean were clearly not good enough.

This left us with no one prior to xmas & Watt afterwards.

This is why we forced Igor to play, when he clearly should not have.

I have every sympathy with Igor and I'd also want to move.

He's still being forced to play this season with an inflamed pubis area.

RD needs to fund the first team squad adequately or sell up if someone else comes in that is willing to do so.
  • Options

Madz said:

Yet they still played him when he was unfit. GT had gone, Church was Church, Eagles, JBG and Bulot aren't strikers, KAG was a kid who understandably struggled so that leaves Watt. And Igor.

We could have played 4-3-3, with Watt in the middle and Bulot and JBG flanking him, or even Harriott, with Eagles behind.

There were alternatives IF the club felt that Igor wasn't fit to play. Clearly there's been a massive disagreement between the club and player on this matter
  • Options
    It's no doubt true that GL has not seen the best of him. Nothing that would make him pick him in the XI since he's been here.
  • Options

Madz said:

We could have played 4-3-3, with Watt in the middle and Bulot and JBG flanking him, or even Harriott, with Eagles behind.

There were alternatives IF the club felt that Igor wasn't fit to play. Clearly there's been a massive disagreement between the club and player on this matter
    Could have but they didn't. It was clear as day he wasn't fit and yet he still played. How can that be Igor's fault?
  • Options

Madz said:

It's obviously this. I said on here some time ago, that we had treated Igor very badly.

He got his achilles injury last October and we never gave him enough time to recover.

It's extremely poor to force a player to play when he is clearly unable to.

Not only have we potentially damaged his career, but also possibly his permanent well being.

I would say Igor has a possible case for legal action.

This is entirely down to RD's penny pinching and not providing his coaches, with what is required.

# All of the above is supposition, based on common sense and reasonable eyesight.
    I am sure you are right. Has the ring of truth about it, and I trust you.

Too bad you didn't trust me about Gomez' agent :-)

• Options
    edited September 2015

Madz said:

It's not a "leak" because that would imply information disclosed from within the club without authority. I would strongly suggest this story has been put to someone in authority or came from such a source, even if it did not suit them to be quoted.
  • Options

Madz said:

It's obviously this. I said on here some time ago, that we had treated Igor very badly.

He got his achilles injury last October and we never gave him enough time to recover.

It's extremely poor to force a player to play when he is clearly unable to.

Not only have we potentially damaged his career, but also possibly his permanent well being.

I would say Igor has a possible case for legal action.

This is entirely down to RD's penny pinching and not providing his coaches, with what is required.

# All of the above is supposition, based on common sense and reasonable eyesight.
    I am sure you are right. Has the ring of truth about it, and I trust you.

Too bad you didn't trust me about Gomez' agent :-)

I can't remember what you said, apart from the breakfast time effing & jeffing :-)

But we shouldn't sidetrack this thread.