Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

Comments

• Options
    I see Leon Best is joining Huddersfield. Do people think he could do a job for us?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I see Leon Best is joining Huddersfield. Do people think he could do a job for us?

Erm no.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

A nuisance at (leon) Best
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Maybe it is a case of releasing his wages and bringing in another striker. In that case you can understand it if Luzon has lost patience. It looked so good a few weeks ago - we have been unlucky with injuries to a certain extent, but we all knew the squad was too weak and we are now playing players when they are not fully fit and maybe Luzon does feel we have the time to wait on Igor getting right. It does not seem a logical way to run a club, but Duchatelet knows best.

I doubt it's Luzon that has lost patience. Roland doesn't like players not playing.
  • Options

Have we actually been linked with anyone?

Championship/L1 teams are hardly going to loan out their best strikers/left midfielders, so either talking about some other club's Igor (i.e. out of favour or unfit) or a PL loan of someone not playing.

Loan out one unfit player and get another in. Yann....?
  • Options
    rather have Clyde Best
  • Options
    Leon Best? I thought we were getting an upgrade on Igor? I'll take Nakhi Wells if Huddersfield don't want him.
  • Options

''If it frees up money for us to get a better quality loanee then it can only be a good thing.''

Yes, like the unknown guy from Everton who is making Church look good!
    Why didn't we get Pennant a proven premier player, we always seem
    to cheapskate with this lot!!!!!

And I'm afraid we will continue to do things on the cheap with this regime.

I wonder how much Meire gets paid?
    Not enough ?

She still travels by train.

• Options
    Not sure Leon Best is the answer but we do not a physically strong striker to act as cover/competition for Big Mack.
  • Options
    If anyone thinks by letting Igor go to Bolton, we will get another top striker in, I cannot see it. Firstly, the wages, if any decent player, we will not be able to afford him. Reza will be fit after the next international break, he will be counted as another striker ready to play. We will have Mak, Watt, Reza, KAG, Kennedy and McAleny, do you think RD will pay out for another loan. Better to keep Igor and sort out his problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I heard this rumour and laughed it off, Igors not fit at the moment, why would another team want him at the moment?

If he was loaned out I'd expect a decent loan move striker from the prem in his place, I'll be surprised if Igor does go to Bolton.

Like the "winger" from Everton ? It won't be long before we see a "youngest player ever to play in Charltons first team"
  • Options
    I thought I read somewhere, that Igor is in hospital, can someone confirm one way or the other
  • Options

Have we actually been linked with anyone?

Championship/L1 teams are hardly going to loan out their best strikers/left midfielders, so either talking about some other club's Igor (i.e. out of favour or unfit) or a PL loan of someone not playing.

Linked with anyone ? Ha Ha this is Charlton remember, we'll let Igor go & then start looking for a replacement
  • Options
    Selling Vetekele is not a great idea. Its not like Charlton are completely overrun with decent strikers. How about getting championship experienced striker and letting Vetekele recover properly and be brought gradually so he can recover form and fitness ?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Not if he's signing for Huddersfield, no. I think Powell would be a bit pissed off.
  • Options
    I think someone said earlier, get Igor out, get a proper left or right winger. I know JBG likes to play on the left and cut in, but this 'inverted wingers' nonsense takes away the fact that we don't get crosses in early. For me this is criminal when you have a player like Mak in the team. We've got to give him the best service we can.

In fact for however many years now, I can't remember the last time we had two wingers playing on the right sides. Even the league one winning team, I think it was Green/Wagstaff and Pritchard??? All right wingers. Since then we've had Cousins out on both the right and left. Kerkar and Harriott fliting in and out. Then last season, JBG and Bulot, but JBG a left footer playing on the right.

Is it me or is the out and out winger just a dead concept at Charlton
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Would not be the least bit bothered if Vetokele left. Has turned into cart horse or, to use the technical term, been Charltonised.
  • Options

Not sure Leon Best is the answer but we do not a physically strong striker to act as cover/competition for Big Mack.

Carlton Cole is still without a club and training with Celtic. Just saying....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I think someone said earlier, get Igor out, get a proper left or right winger. I know JBG likes to play on the left and cut in, but this 'inverted wingers' nonsense takes away the fact that we don't get crosses in early. For me this is criminal when you have a player like Mak in the team. We've got to give him the best service we can.

In fact for however many years now, I can't remember the last time we had two wingers playing on the right sides. Even the league one winning team, I think it was Green/Wagstaff and Pritchard??? All right wingers. Since then we've had Cousins out on both the right and left. Kerkar and Harriott fliting in and out. Then last season, JBG and Bulot, but JBG a left footer playing on the right.

Inverted wingers are in fashion at the moment. The benefit is that you can attack the defender on the wrong foot, but you are heavily relying on your full back to provide the natural width.

Apart from anything else, most wide men these days seem to be terrible at crossing the ball! Instead they tend to play like JBG, cutting in to shoot on their stronger foot
  • Options

The Kinsella comparison is a bit odd. He was 30 at the time, past his best and not getting in the team because of an excellent Scott Parker.

He was finished - we knew that, he knew that and we striped them up
  • Options
    People imagining we will get a decent Prem player in if Igor goes - the last one was Churchfoot.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

The Kinsella comparison is a bit odd. He was 30 at the time, past his best and not getting in the team because of an excellent Scott Parker.

Well exactly. That's why your comparison is odd.

Are you and others not the least bit curious about how we have managed the health and fitness of arguably our most important acquisition of the last 18 months?

• Options
    Don't understand why Bolton would want to take an unfit out of form player loan - is there anyone else we can loan them ?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Dead concept in modern football I'd say.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Exactly.
  • Options
    As I stated in the rumours thread a possible explanation is that Charlton don't have the budget to pay the next instalment of his transfer fee which (possibly?) becomes payable if he plays many more games. As far as Bolton taking on an unfit player I should imagine that the deal would see Charlton continue to pay his wages, or a portion of his wages, until he proves himself fit.

So it is a low risk for Bolton. Charlton avoid the immediate problem of paying a big chunk in the next instalment of his transfer fee. If he proves a success then his transfer value goes back up and they can sell him and pay back all outstanding fees on his transfer.
  • Options

As I stated in the rumours thread a possible explanation is that Charlton don't have the budget to pay the next instalment of his transfer fee which (possibly?) becomes payable if he plays many more games. As far as Bolton taking on an unfit player I should imagine that the deal would see Charlton continue to pay his wages, or a portion of his wages, until he proves himself fit.

So it is a low risk for Bolton. Charlton avoid the immediate problem of paying a big chunk in the next instalment of his transfer fee. If he proves a success then his transfer value goes back up and they can sell him and pay back all outstanding fees on his transfer.

....or we sent them a link to u tube and they fell for it.
  • Options
    Saw Igor at the training ground this morning so he ain't gone yet

That's all