Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

Comments

• Options

Saw Igor at the training ground this morning so he ain't gone yet

That's all

Is jermaine pennant still hanging around?
  • Options

That's all

has Stephen Kelly been found yet?
  • Options

That's all

has Stephen Kelly been found yet?
    He's on trial at Huddersfield with Leon Best (seriously)

I did find this

• Options
    You Watt?
  • Options

That's all

In the canteen?
  • Options

As I stated in the rumours thread a possible explanation is that Charlton don't have the budget to pay the next instalment of his transfer fee which (possibly?) becomes payable if he plays many more games. As far as Bolton taking on an unfit player I should imagine that the deal would see Charlton continue to pay his wages, or a portion of his wages, until he proves himself fit.

So it is a low risk for Bolton. Charlton avoid the immediate problem of paying a big chunk in the next instalment of his transfer fee. If he proves a success then his transfer value goes back up and they can sell him and pay back all outstanding fees on his transfer.

That's the most plausible explanation so far, I reckon, even if I presume it is completely speculative?
  • Options
    That caps too small for TWWW
    Is it an old international cap of Long John Hewies ??
  • Options

That caps too small for TWWW
    Is it an old international cap of Long John Hewies ??

It is, how did you guess? size 7 1/2

Seen better days and needs to be restored.

• Options
    saw the Scottish football emblem and year so had to be him , looks like it shrunk in the wash
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

saw the Scottish football emblem and year so had to be him , looks like it shrunk in the wash

Quite possibly.

I thought maybe you had seen this thread

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/69229/appeal-for-funds-to-restore-and-display-items-belonging-to-john-hewie#latest
  • Options
    Interesting post from Ketts on Cafcpicks.

Igor & Luzon aren't huge fans of each other. Luzon appears to have a problem with any player BP signed - look at the treatment meted out to Bikey.

RD's plan is to get to the PL on a sensible budget. Whilst I understand people's concerns, I do wonder why similar questions were never asked of Murray in his latter years at the helm. Playing success is largely down to the ability of the manager at this level. Back to Igor, I expect him to go out on loan in the near future, with a permanent deal in January a distinct possibility. Not sure whether we will move for a replacement.
  • Options
    missed that one !!
    will look at it once all the pictures download on my poxy pc
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Igor & Luzon aren't huge fans of each other. Luzon appears to have a problem with any player BP signed - look at the treatment meted out to Bikey.

When we signed Igor wasn't there a rumour/quote from one of the Belgium posters that confirmed Standard Liege wanted to sign him but he wasn't interested? If so then that would have been when Luzon was in charge.

Could well be some truth in that they don't get on.

Who knows???
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

RD's plan is to get to the PL on a sensible budget. Whilst I understand people's concerns, I do wonder why similar questions were never asked of Murray in his latter years at the helm. Playing success is largely down to the ability of the manager at this level. Back to Igor, I expect him to go out on loan in the near future, with a permanent deal in January a distinct possibility. Not sure whether we will move for a replacement.

What I said a few days ago "Personally I think Igor has had enough of Luzon and Luzon has had enough of Igor so they look to move on a relatively expensive player."

That Ketts just reads what I post on here and copies it : - )
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Was it BP who signed Igor and Bikey though, or RD and his network? Indeed, I've no idea who signs and scouts most of these foreign signings! Who signed JBG and Henderson who also arrived 'under BP'?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Peters did sign Gudmunson (or at least he was signed when Peters was coach which isn't the same thing) but Igor was very much a player that Peters knew and wanted. Is there anyone else left from last summer's signings? Which is telling in itself.
  • Options
    I think with Gudmundsson, if the stories are true, was more the whistleblower on BP's antics than a BP fan so I don't think there is any love loss there so I think Luzon is good with him. If we had the Vetokele of early last year I'd be even more gutted that he is going. But would be gutted in general if he left and we brought no one in as a replacement.
  • Options
    What if selling Vetokele enabled us to buy Mackienok outright come the end of the season?

Would you take it?
  • Options

What if selling Vetokele enabled us to buy Mackienok outright come the end of the season?

Would you take it?

And there was me thinking in August, aha, Makienok and either Igor or TW, depending on the oppo, and the state of play, now that looks like a serious striking setup

So old, yet still so gullible, me....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have sold igor last summer madness to loan him out?.
  • Options

Would you take it?

In a heartbeat.
  • Options

Would you take it?

Not in a million years. A fit Vetokele is a proven goalscorer in this division. Makienok isn't and goals are what win football matches.
  • Options

Would you take it?

Remember this time last year Vetokele was held in higher esteem, IMHO, than Big Mak is now.

Let's wait and see how the great Dane does over the whole season.
  • Options

Should have sold igor last summer madness to loan him out?.

What when he was injured you mean?
  • Options
    In my opinion we would be mad to loan out/sell Igor at present, especially without a top notch replacement guaranteed. If we can get him fit and motivated he is the only proven regular goalscorer in our squad. If there is a personality clash between Igor and Luzon they need to have their heads cracked together. Get it sorted Katrien!
  • Options
    Seeing that Buyens probably had the bigget fall out whilst at Liege, am sure Guy can sort out his differences.

Cos when Luzon first came it, Buyens was playing his worst Football, a few weeks later and he was playing brilliantly
  • Options
    both Luzon and his processor appear to have questionable man-management skills, yet Riga and Powell seemed to have it in abundance, but another assumption we think they weren't willing to work under RDs scheme