Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor...to Bolton?!

Comments

• Options

Imagine if Igor had gone to Bolton rather us from Copenhagen and his career had followed the same trajectory. The he arrived with us on loan next week in his current state. We'd quickly be trying to find ways of describing this as a worse signing than Lepointe.

It does seem that Bolton at least have some interest. In which case I am wrong. I really thought the modern English game was staffed and managed by proper professionals.

Why would a manager/head coach toss this into a press conference? I can tell you why previous managers would have done it and that is to provoke a reaction, internal or external, that prevents it happening. However, with the language issues and the unusual current set-up I don't know if that will be the case here.
  • Options
    If it frees up money for us to get a better quality loanee then it can only be a good thing.
  • Options

If it frees up money for us to get a better quality loanee then it can only be a good thing.

Like who? It has to be from England and RD doesn't like paying the fees / wages of British-based players. Why ship out a young, promising player who we know can score goals in this division to bring in another short-term loanee?
  • Options
    ''If it frees up money for us to get a better quality loanee then it can only be a good thing.''

Yes, like the unknown guy from Everton who is making Church look good!
    Why didn't we get Pennant a proven premier player, we always seem
    to cheapskate with this lot!!!!!
  • Options
    Wolves in the running too according to twitter
  • Options

Imagine if Igor had gone to Bolton rather us from Copenhagen and his career had followed the same trajectory. The he arrived with us on loan next week in his current state. We'd quickly be trying to find ways of describing this as a worse signing than Lepointe.

It does seem that Bolton at least have some interest. In which case I am wrong. I really thought the modern English game was staffed and managed by proper professionals.

Why would a manager/head coach toss this into a press conference? I can tell you why previous managers would have done it and that is to provoke a reaction, internal or external, that prevents it happening. However, with the language issues and the unusual current set-up I don't know if that will be the case here.
    Ah. Yes. Very good point.

But IF he goes on loan now, to another Championship club, what does it say about the professional due diligence at other clubs? I could understand it if it was a lower league club.
  • Options
    Last time we shipped out a proven Championship goalscorer to a Championship rival we ended up with Polish Pete and a relegation battle. I'm not sure what gives anyone any confidence that Igor, who we paid £2m+ for, can be easily replaced by a short-term loanee.
  • Options

Wolves in the running too according to twitter

Swap for James Henry?
  • Options
    razil said:

maybe to get another striker in who isn't crocked or off his game, its only gonna be a loan if its true

'Cause they're ten a penny!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Bolton as a relegation rival, so why would we want to assist them?
  • Options
    Would be ridiculous to let him go to a rival in our division.

We're short of strikers that we have to play two youngsters in a big cup-tie against one of our biggest rivals.

We need to get him fit and back into the starting line-up ASAP
  • Options
    Igor to Bolton?

Well the pies are good up there... and the gravy, yum yum
  • Options
    Nonsense decision from the club. It sounds like we're actively pimping him out to rival clubs now.
  • Options
    I can think of other players I'd get rid of before Igor if we're over budget.
  • Options
    Maybe the problem is between Luzon and Igor and not really about injury any more. Igor was a Peeters buy remember.
  • Options

Why we looking to free up money, be well over budget, yet were reportely making sizeable bids for players right up to the deadline?
    Because the crystal clear strategic plan we were told was so brilliant has never actually been explained or spelt out.

It doesn't make sense. That's not to say it can't make sense but neither KM or RD have tried very hard to explain it, let alone sell it to us.

CAFC plan to invest £10m+ at Sparrows Lane but allowed £ms of funding to go begging yet we are on a tight budget for players.

Personally I think Igor has had enough of Luzon and Luzon has had enough of Igor so they look to move on a relatively expensive player.

Bumpy ride continues.
  • Options

''If it frees up money for us to get a better quality loanee then it can only be a good thing.''

Yes, like the unknown guy from Everton who is making Church look good!
    Why didn't we get Pennant a proven premier player, we always seem
    to cheapskate with this lot!!!!!

I meant better than the likes of the Everton guy and better than igor is at the moment. Certainly if igor was in the form of early last year then it would be a nonsense decision, but he really ain't in that form.

I did say 'if' as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grrrrr Luzon!! Vetokele needs confidence to start scoring again, and your not giving him any
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Remember when we gave a centre back to a championship rival for nothing ?

And Kermorgant, and Stephens...
  • Options

se9addick said:

Remember when we gave a centre back to a championship rival for nothing ?

And Kermorgant, and Stephens...
    We're a charitable club aren't we. No wonder we had a bench with an average age of about 13 last night.
  • Options
    Remember what we did with Kinsella to Villa?

Shhhhhhhhh

However - I'd be astonished if he went. Doubt he would pass a medical and if he went on loan and flopped they wouldn't sign him. If he smashed it we'd be helping an opponent. The only reason I can see would be because his wages would free up the signing of 2 or 3 other players (one of whom must be a striker).
  • Options
    The only circumstances I can see him leaving is if we planned on bringing others in. Otherwise whats the point. yes it frees up wages, but wages we wouldn't spend. Luzon has already said our squad is thin already. Why would we make it thinner, especially in an area where we need to strengthen rather than weaken.

its not paper talk because Lennon has admitted he has enquired about him, but just because he has publicized his interest doesn't mean its going to happen.
  • Options
    I am still trying to work out the roller coaster which is Duchatelet's ownership. At least with the previous owners I understood them. I couldn't honestly tell you what our plan is now, or has been since he bought the club. He clearly doesn't feel any need to share it either so doubt we will be any the wiser.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I wonder if the people slating the decision to loan Igor out are referrring to Igor as he is currently, or the Igor from a year ago?

Fact is that at present, we are getting nothing back for our outlay (ie wages) for whatever reason. IF someone else came in that would have to be looked at, as he can barely run let alone score at present (and hasnt been able to since the middle of last season).

Igor at his best was great, and if he got back to it, then I would like him back.

My concern would be if nobody else came in.
  • Options

I heard this rumour and laughed it off, Igors not fit at the moment, why would another team want him at the moment?

If he was loaned out I'd expect a decent loan move striker from the prem in his place, I'll be surprised if Igor does go to Bolton.

FC Barcelona bought an injured Thomas Vermaelen from Arsenal. It took him a complete year to recover. Maybe they got a good deal ? Could also be the case for Igor ...
  • Options
    so if he is injured why would Bolton want him ? if he aint injured then he clearly dosnt want to play for us. better to get rid