Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Shooting In America?

Comments

• Chizz said:

ChiAddick said:

Officer deserves death penalty. Plain murder. No two ways about it.

In which case?
    Tulsa
  • I am not excusing the police officers one bit here, merely saying part of what the problem is...

How terrified would you be if every single person you had to confront has ready access to a gun and could have one/draw one on you at any time.

As a police officer here it must be a consideration but nothing like the fear the US equivalent. I know I would be terrified.

In my opinion this all stems from a lack of gun control. All the racial things and all that I'm not so sure about, I just think a lot lot lot more noise is made when an ethnic person is the victim. The only thing you could say is that the police are more scared of black people for whatever reason, prejudiced or not.

• A pretty powerful take-down of the police officer who fatally shot the victim. Pretty eye opening, especially if you read the (several) follow-up tweets.
  • Chizz said:

A pretty powerful take-down of the police officer who fatally shot the victim. Pretty eye opening, especially if you read the (several) follow-up tweets.
    Wtf cannabis use has to do with anything I really don't know
  • Murder. The officer should be charged, simple
  • shine166 said:

Chizz said:

A pretty powerful take-down of the police officer who fatally shot the victim. Pretty eye opening, especially if you read the (several) follow-up tweets.
    You're making the point, perfectly.
  • Chizz said:

shine166 said:

Chizz said:

I don't understand ? Another trigger happy cop murdered another innocent victim... The mention of weed does nothing but part deflect the blame
  • shine166 said:

Chizz said:

shine166 said:

Chizz said:

I don't understand ? Another trigger happy cop murdered another innocent victim... The mention of weed does nothing but part deflect the blame
    Read all the tweets. When a victim is shot, the media, instantly highlight the victim'support background, whether they're known drug users, whether they have convictions for violence...

The background of the police is almost never revealed. So it's enlightening to see someone pull out the kind of typical background information the media broadcast and publish about the victim.
  • Chizz said:

shine166 said:

Chizz said:

shine166 said:

Chizz said:

Read all the tweets. When a victim is shot, the media, instantly highlight the victim'support background, whether they're known drug users, whether they have convictions for violence...

The background of the police is almost never revealed. So it's enlightening to see someone pull out the kind of typical background information the media broadcast and publish about the victim.

Ah, I get you now.. Makes much more sense with that context
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to shine, I think he'd be one of the first to say that whether it was the police officer or the victim.
  • MrOneLung said:

Slightly related:

In the year March 2015-March 2016 British police fired their weapons a total of 7 times.

This was the highest number of discharges since 2009.

In the US there have been 67 people shot and killed by Police in 22 days.
  • 258 African American men were killed by police gunfire last year.
  • Officer charged with Manslaughter re: Tulsa shooting.

• Chizz said:

This is so important, thank you for sharing.

• Republican Congressman Robert Pittenger, of North Carolina, told the BBC the protesters hated white people because white people were successful, but he later apologised for his comments in an interview with CNN.

This is an elected representative of the people ffs - outrageous.

Not sure about God Bless America - should be God Help America.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

ChiAddick said:

Officer charged with Manslaughter re: Tulsa shooting.

She gunned down an unarmed man and its manslaughter?? First degree Murder should be the charge.
    Agree
  • ChiAddick said:

Greenie said:

ChiAddick said:

Officer charged with Manslaughter re: Tulsa shooting.

She gunned down an unarmed man and its manslaughter?? First degree Murder should be the charge.
    Agree
    This was my initial reaction but in reading around it it will be much easier to get a conviction on manslaughter. Murder can insinuate some sort of pre-meditation (this is where I get a little confused because there is pre-meditated and non-PM murder). But, as a police officer, it will be very difficult to convict her of murder. Sorry, I know this is a bit convoluted, but in short it seems it's a good move by the District Attorney.

What I find more outrageous is that she was charged and released.
  • Greenie said:

Good for her.
    Not good for her, breaking and entering isn't a crime punished by death!
  • SDAddick said:

Greenie said:

Good for her.
    Well there's an easy way to avoid the punishment.
  • So I'll say in the first watching of the video I didn't realize the men had guns, so I back off on my previous statement because this seems to be a genuine case of self defence.

That said, we have "Stand Your Ground" laws in this country whereby if at any time you feel you're threatened, you can shoot someone. This was made famous in the George Zimmerman/Treyvon Martin case whereby Martin was walking home, was accosted by Zimmerman, someone with no legal authority, a scuffle ensued, Martin was shot dead, and Zimmerman was acquitted based on "stand your ground."
  • SDAddick said:

Greenie said:

Good for her.
    That's not how legal punishments and proportionality work though. As I said above I didn't realize the men in this had guns so this is self defense, but as mentioned just above Terrence Crutcher's car broke down while black in the middle of the road and what was his punishment? Death. Treyvon Martin was walking home eating skittles while black and what was his punishment? Death. Eric Garner was illegally selling cigarettes on the street and what was his punishment? Death. Alton Sterling may have resisted arrest, though why he was being arrested was unclear and what was his punishment? Death.

None of these "crimes" carry the death penalty. So this notion that there is a way to avoid such consequences is ludicrous.
  • If you home invade in a country where gun possession is legal then you're kind of asking for it tbh

I mean, it probably shouldn't be legal, but that video is completely irrelevant to the main thrust of this discussion, which involves police procedure
  • Put it this way if someone had broken into my house and I come across them I would hit them repeatedly with anything I could until they were no longer a threat to me or my family.

If that's deemed wrong by law so be it
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Greenie said:

Good for her.
    That's not how legal punishments and proportionality work though. As I said above I didn't realize the men in this had guns so this is self defense, but as mentioned just above Terrence Crutcher's car broke down while black in the middle of the road and what was his punishment? Death. Treyvon Martin was walking home eating skittles while black and what was his punishment? Death. Eric Garner was illegally selling cigarettes on the street and what was his punishment? Death. Alton Sterling may have resisted arrest, though why he was being arrested was unclear and what was his punishment? Death.

None of these "crimes" carry the death penalty. So this notion that there is a way to avoid such consequences is ludicrous.
    I answered the post about breaking and entering. It really is quite simple, if you don't break into peoples houses you won't get shot in there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!