Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Shooting In America?

Comments

• The ‘shooter’ was 20 years old, how does your mind become so twisted at 20 to do something like this?
  • Shocking news and there's definitely the potential now for some awful violence. Trump's words will hopefully be key to this either happening or not.
    It’s his words that have caused the divisions in America. He spends his days stirring up hatred and inciting violence. This shooting is his creation. 
    I just don’t see that. Certainly Trump’s language is regularly outrageous, but political violence has been part of America’s story from early on (arguably it was born through political violence - throwing tea into Boston harbour was an unimaginable outrage!). 

This shooting is America’s creation, I just hope this doesn’t descend into tit for tat violence, lots of heavily armed people with short tempers in that nation. 
  • The shooting is a sympton of there being crazy people. It can't be rationalised. We have seen in the news here what a crazy person did to two young girls and their mother. 
  • How do nutters get hold of weapons like that in America?  It isn't just guns, it is the type of guns!
    They go to the shop.
  • At St Luke’s Church in Charlton Village lies the remains of British Prime Minister Spencer Perceval shot and killed in the House of Parliament on the 11th May 1812.
  • How do nutters get hold of weapons like that in America?  It isn't just guns, it is the type of guns!
    You can buy any gun in The USA
    They go to the shop.
    Get one free when they open a bank account with some banks 
  • America really is fucked

Trump is gonna piss this election. 

Am convinced the Democrats plan was for Biden to get elected, but be replaced by Harris during the first term due to ill health, but they just didn’t go through with it. 
    Even the big hitting Democrats like George Clooney have said he isn’t fit to run again and that he cannot endorse him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    I tell you what I think is sick.
    Bbc reporter saying he is looking at a video to see if he can identify the 1st victim

WTF do you think a reporter job is ? To find out information on a massive global story.
    The main BBC reporter covering this story was the blind Gary O'Donoghue who is based in Washington DC.

Might take a while then. 
  • edited July 14

Taken by the  Associated press chief Photographer, who is based in Washington,  Evan Vucci who moved in a split second from the left of Trump on the stage to take this iconic photo in the prime position. 
  • Ironically he was president for a few years and during that time there was some dreadful shootings. He had the opportunity to do a bit to stop these shootings happening. Now at one of HIS rallies there is carnage. 
  • edited July 14
    American democracy is certainly in question should Trump get elected but beyond that it’s my opinion there couldn’t be a more uncertain time in global terms than right now. Megalomaniac leaders in Russia and North Korea. China blamed for cyber attacks on western infrastructure, for what reason ? China supplying Putin with military components. Middle East a tinderbox on a scale we’ve not seen for 50 years. Enter stage right Donald Trump. Ffs.

I agree with you, but Donald Trump is Milo Minderbinder from Catch 22 and he will do deals with anyone including tyrants from one party states if the price is right and that includes arms, guns, bombs and no doubt weapons of mass destruction in the warped world of wacko Ex president soon to be re elected DT.

Business opportunities will always trump everything in the world of the Donald and his ilk.

It's a mad 🌎
  • Don't bother making any plans for 2025 or beyond
    😬
  • I suppose the key question is what will Trumps foreign policy be. Things have changed a lot in global politics since Trump left The White House. Will he cosy up to the tyrants or confront them ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I suppose the key question is what will Trumps foreign policy be. Things have changed a lot in global politics since Trump left The White House. Will he cosy up to the tyrants or confront them ?
    He has said that he will finish the war in Ukraine very quickly if elected, that will probably mean Ukraine having to make big concessions. Republicans blocked money for more help for Ukraine earlier this year. 

• Here we go
  • How old do you have to be to legally own/buy firearms in the USA? (Not sure if it differs state by state)
  • swordfish said:
    Chizz said:
    Just a quick reminder that this is very definitely a thread about the abhorrent and unstoppable rise in shootings, an opportunity to offer condolences or otherwise appropriately honour to those affected and to consider what sanative legislature or influences could be brought about to fix the situation.  It shouldn't be derailed by discussions about who should or shouldn't win the next US Presidential Election.  I mean, who knows what nutters might turn up if it headed off in that direction..?
    So why did you post the Van Gough/Trump portrait?
    Because I thought some people would find it funny and because it wasn't anything to do with the upcoming election, whatsoever. 
  • How old do you have to be to legally own/buy firearms in the USA? (Not sure if it differs state by state)
    It’s 18 in Philadelphia for a long gun, including a semiautomatic. 21 for a hand gun.  So the shooter can buy an AR57 with no training and a $20 licence, but can’t buy a beer
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!